951 users online (201 members and 750 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

SC - Anita Richardson, 24, Columbia, 15 August 2003

Anita Richardson

Cold Case: "I hoped and prayed it was just a missing person. I waited for that phone call."
    Columbia (WACH) -- Charles Wideman is living a father' worst nightmare. He last saw his daughter, Anita Richardson, eleven years ago. In August 2003, Richardson attended a baby shower at her cousin's home. She left the house after a heated fight with his husband, Robert Richardson, Jr. "He wasn't the person for her," says Geral Middleton, Anita's mother. "She married someone she thought she could help." Wideman adds, "And the thing about it is, she adored him so much. And that's what hurts me." Wideman is disappointed in- what he calls- a lack of action. Anita is not listed on the Richland County Missing Persons or the Unsolved Homicides websites. She also isn't on the SLED list of cold case. The few websites she actually is listed on do not even have her age correct. Wideman says he honestly does not believe his daughter is still alive. He is now just looking for justive and closure. Wideman is working with the Middleton Family to build a case and press charges against the man he believes took his daughter's life.
    http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?...4#.VCV7pPldXH9
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...son_anita.html

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

These cases are so frustrating...it's pretty obvious who was involved in the disappearance but even after years nobody has ever been arrested...I can't even imagine what Anita's loved ones have been going through.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    These cases are so frustrating...it's pretty obvious who was involved in the disappearance but even after years nobody has ever been arrested...I can't even imagine what Anita's loved ones have been going through.
    Her poor parents !!!! I think one of the things that frustrates me the most is the general population thinks that if someone is missing or murdered everyone is notified, its on the news, at the watercooler etc., and as much as I seek out the information even I think I have a grasp on the missing, then we see these! This is the first time I have seen her name, and and I can promise you I have looked at this stuff at least once a day for the last 15 years.....how many do we never know about???

I have been interested in the whole MP thing for about 3 years now and I haven't ever seen her name or face either. And I know quite a lot of MP cases, I'd say.

Bump.

Did they ever find evidence her ex was involved?