1210 users online (229 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 49-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband Sept. 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m.

After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home on Old River Road and found his wife's car with her purse inside, but she was nowhere to be found.
    http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...sing/16257155/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

This is in ARkansas. Not AlasKa.

Deputies also searched the home and found no evidence of a crime. The report also notes nothing was missing from her purse. Deputies also searched a second home she had shown on Thursday.

Mrs. Carter was wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts when last seen.
    http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/p...q06PEz8vPfLpAw
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

Black sleeveless shirt & red shorts. [modsnip] JMO
    Last edited by Salem; 09-27-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Description of attire is for locating purposes

Imo, her phone records would be helpful right now. She had to have made this appt. some how.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Black sleeveless shirt & red shorts. [modsnip] JMO
    [modsnip]

Kudos to the husband for following up after only 3.5 hours.
    Last edited by Salem; 09-27-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Clothing description is for locating the missing person.

Every time I've ever considered the field of real estate, this scenario has kept me from it . I hope this woman is found safe and sound.

A few more details:

http://www.katv.com/story/26636607/a...issing-realtor

Authorities were called to 14202 Old River Drive around 11 Thursday night after reports of a missing person. Officers said they met Beverly's husband Carl Carter in the driveway of the residence.

Mr. Carter told police he had not been in contact with his wife since she had last called him around 5:30 p.m. Beverly Carter works as a Realtor for Creye Leike Realtors. She told her husband she was going to show the house at 14202 Old River Drive to an unknown person. Around 9 p.m. he became worried when he had not heard from his wife and went to check on her at the home.

Mr. Carter told police he found her brown 2014 Cadillac SRX with the license plate “BCARTER” parked in the driveway with her purse inside. He also found the door to the residence open, so he walked inside and searched for his wife but did not find her.

I'm a Realtor. I never show a home to anyone who has not been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and can show me the pre-qual letter to prove it. By taking this precaution, the person has to provide their real name and employment info. That weeds out most of the weirdos and people who just look for fun. If someone is in the market to buy a home, they will want to know what they can afford. If they intend to pay cash, the can get a proof of funds letter from their bank. All of this requires positive ID.

There should be contact info on her phone and her computer for the person she was going to meet. The electronic lockbox records the time she entered the home and the time she left. Each agent has their own code so there is no confusion as to who opened the box.

I just seen this in my facebook feeds and came to see if there was a thread. This is so scary. I hope they find her safe. It's not even safe to go to work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I'm a Realtor. I never show a home to anyone who has not been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and can show me the pre-qual letter to prove it. By taking this precaution, the person has to provide their real name and employment info. That weeds out most of the weirdos and people who just look for fun. If someone is in the market to buy a home, they will want to know what they can afford. If they intend to pay cash, the can get a proof of funds letter from their bank. All of this requires positive ID.

There should be contact info on her phone and her computer for the person she was going to meet. The electronic lockbox records the time she entered the home and the time she left. Each agent has their own code so there is no confusion as to who opened the box.
    Thanks for the info. Glad you choose to be safe. Hope she is ok.

Deleted.
    Last edited by SurfieTX; 09-26-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Another thing...Realtors have to make an appointment to show a home. Even if it is vacant, the agent who wants to show the home is supposed to call the listing agent or their appointment service to confirm the time they expect to be there. If there was no appointment made, I would be suspicious that someone else might have used her electronic key to open the home. I wonder if she texted her hubby about the 5:30 showing or if she actually spoke with him. I wonder if he tried to call her before going over to the house to look for her. Maybe there was no "unknown" buyer. MOO

Okay, I'm just whack today. Can anyone find her as the listing agent for this address? I'm finding a listing on Old River Road to a different house/address and not this one.

And can/do other agents show a property for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I had the wrong listing. Here it is.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...2_M81700-20705
    The local Fox affiliate shows this as the home where her car was found.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast