GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfieTX

Reaction score
1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 49-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband Sept. 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m.

After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home on Old River Road and found his wife's car with her purse inside, but she was nowhere to be found.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Black sleeveless shirt & red shorts. [modsnip] JMO

Imo, her phone records would be helpful right now. She had to have made this appt. some how.

Every time I've ever considered the field of real estate, this scenario has kept me from it :(. I hope this woman is found safe and sound.

A few more details:

http://www.katv.com/story/26636607/authorities-seeking-the-publics-help-finding-a-missing-realtor

Authorities were called to 14202 Old River Drive around 11 Thursday night after reports of a missing person. Officers said they met Beverly's husband Carl Carter in the driveway of the residence.

Mr. Carter told police he had not been in contact with his wife since she had last called him around 5:30 p.m. Beverly Carter works as a Realtor for Creye Leike Realtors. She told her husband she was going to show the house at 14202 Old River Drive to an unknown person. Around 9 p.m. he became worried when he had not heard from his wife and went to check on her at the home.

Mr. Carter told police he found her brown 2014 Cadillac SRX with the license plate “BCARTER” parked in the driveway with her purse inside. He also found the door to the residence open, so he walked inside and searched for his wife but did not find her.

I'm a Realtor. I never show a home to anyone who has not been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and can show me the pre-qual letter to prove it. By taking this precaution, the person has to provide their real name and employment info. That weeds out most of the weirdos and people who just look for fun. If someone is in the market to buy a home, they will want to know what they can afford. If they intend to pay cash, the can get a proof of funds letter from their bank. All of this requires positive ID.

There should be contact info on her phone and her computer for the person she was going to meet. The electronic lockbox records the time she entered the home and the time she left. Each agent has their own code so there is no confusion as to who opened the box.

I just seen this in my facebook feeds and came to see if there was a thread. This is so scary. I hope they find her safe. It's not even safe to go to work anymore.

I'm a Realtor. I never show a home to anyone who has not been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and can show me the pre-qual letter to prove it. By taking this precaution, the person has to provide their real name and employment info. That weeds out most of the weirdos and people who just look for fun. If someone is in the market to buy a home, they will want to know what they can afford. If they intend to pay cash, the can get a proof of funds letter from their bank. All of this requires positive ID.

There should be contact info on her phone and her computer for the person she was going to meet. The electronic lockbox records the time she entered the home and the time she left. Each agent has their own code so there is no confusion as to who opened the box.

Thanks for the info. Glad you choose to be safe. Hope she is ok.

Another thing...Realtors have to make an appointment to show a home. Even if it is vacant, the agent who wants to show the home is supposed to call the listing agent or their appointment service to confirm the time they expect to be there. If there was no appointment made, I would be suspicious that someone else might have used her electronic key to open the home. I wonder if she texted her hubby about the 5:30 showing or if she actually spoke with him. I wonder if he tried to call her before going over to the house to look for her. Maybe there was no "unknown" buyer. MOO

Okay, I'm just whack today. Can anyone find her as the listing agent for this address? I'm finding a listing on Old River Road to a different house/address and not this one.

And can/do other agents show a property for someone else?

The local Fox affiliate shows this as the home where her car was found.
bu5usu8a.jpg

Is it unusual for her to give her husband the address of the property she was showing?

Also, I agree and am curious about her appointments listed with her office and her cell phone records.

Okay, I'm just whack today. Can anyone find her as the listing agent for this address? I'm finding a listing on Old River Road to a different house/address and not this one.

And can/do other agents show a property for someone else?

Any agent can show any home regardless of which company or agent lists it. The listing agent represents the seller. When a buyer is house shopping, the agent representing them is called a buyer's agent. Sometimes, the listing agent will get a call from someone who does not have a buyer's agent. In that case the listing agent will show their own listing. I think that the home she was showing was her own listing, which means that she represents the owner.

This lady is not just an agent, she is a broker. According to her website, she was the #3 producer in Arkansas. I can't imagine that she would just pop out to show a home to an unidentified person. Usually the only agents who will do that are brand new ones who don't know any better.

http://bcarterhomes.crye-leike.com/vagentinfo.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member