756 users online (195 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

I'm going to open a thread specifically for Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax rape victim since there is so much interest. Should DNA rule him out, we will close the thread. In the meantime, post relevant information here.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-26-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    the only thing that is throwing me off for the fact he might not be responsible for mh is that the earlier rape victim stated the the perp was a black man of medium size.. while jlm is a very large person. Even back then lineman size.
    Look at the taxi photo from 2007. I don't think he was as big in 2005 as he is now.

http://wvtf.org/post/person-interest...-investigation
    Support your local SAR organization! Most are all volunteer and struggling for funding!

Quote Originally Posted by Mica View Post
    Found this in an article related to the press conference today.

<Snip>

Chief Longo also said there is no connection to the case of Morgan Harrington.

http://www.wsls.com/story/26628837/c...finding-hannah
    How did I miss this in the PC today? I distinctly thought he deflected those questions about MH. Not questioning the poster, just the accuracy of the report. If I missed it, someone please help me out.

As to MH- only time will tell. I anticipate official DNA comparisons could be made by Tuesday or Wednesday next week at the earliest. Everyone has their own opinion on the resemblance....

Quote Originally Posted by Vabrownid1 View Post
    Dead ringer for the MH sketch IMO!
    I was wondering if he was driving cab at the time she (MH) went missing and she trusted that he would get her home. I thought similarly about HG trusting him because he probably had a UVA ID.

JMO

Morgan was murdered in 2009.

"He had a state taxi permit from 2007 to 2010, and picked up several traffic infractions, records show."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09...#ixzz3ENeDXfi9

I'll be shocked if JM is not responsible for MH and the 2005 rape in Fairfax and probably others. They always said that the MH perp was very familiar with Charlottesville and Anchorage Farm. There was also consideration at the time the perp may have been a taxi driver. Plus his history (Liberty rape). Plus the sketch, which I think looks similar enough to JM. And Longo is deflecting the issue if he could be associated with the others cases - I believe he either thinks he could be or knows he is but really wants to keep the focus on Hannah for now. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

Quote Originally Posted by Elainetk View Post
    I looked at that article and did not see it MH mentioned.
    Same here. I was really disappointed that he wasn't connected and read the article but couldn't see any mention of Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by angelainwi View Post
    Harrington’s “Pantera” T-shirt was found on November 11, 2009, in front of a row of apartments along 15th Street, NW near Grady Avenue in Charlottesville.

Is this near where he lived?
    **I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

Quote Originally Posted by AVIXEN View Post
    **I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?
    Oooh... here's the civil court case number since I can't post a direct link: GV11013371-01

Quote Originally Posted by AVIXEN View Post

Wow. That's all I can say.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

Quote Originally Posted by Elainetk View Post
    I looked at that article and did not see it MH mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindamichelle1 View Post
    Same here. I was really disappointed that he wasn't connected and read the article but couldn't see any mention of Morgan?
    You're both right. Apparently the article was updated at 7:58pm CDT, after a commenter asked for clarification on her MH statement.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HokieBird View Post
    I'll be shocked if JM is not responsible for MH and the 2005 rape in Fairfax and probably others. They always said that the MH perp was very familiar with Charlottesville and Anchorage Farm. There was also consideration at the time the perp may have been a taxi driver. Plus his history (Liberty rape). Plus the sketch, which I think looks similar enough to JM. And Longo is deflecting the issue if he could be associated with the others cases - I believe he either thinks he could be or knows he is but really wants to keep the focus on Hannah for now. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....
    I agree that if Hannah were found I think the discussion may well be different.

If any of these end up related, the conversation would be on that over Hannah getting found in a lot of circles.

And considering that even here on WS we had people claiming that Longo was causing "hysteria" and basically starting a lynch mob, I can only imagine what the reactions would be if he'd said anything definitive either way (on what they're thinking about any possible connections or what they know).

Unless it goes a long time without Hannah being found, I suspect that they'll try not to answer anything about the other cases any more definitively than needed.

JM's in jail and unlikely to be going anywhere right now. That's what they wanted and needed, and that's where he is.

So if he is tied to any of the other already known about cases, then he's in custody and off the streets for now anyway and can't harm anyone else. If he's not tied to them, then it's really not any different than it was before JM came into the equation.

If anything, I actually think NOT pinning it down either way in terms of what they think or know about the other cases and any possibility of JM having any ties, that they're actually getting MORE information as a result of all of the discussion about it all.

People are remembering things they'd dismissed as perhaps irrelevant, people are mentioning things they were afraid to before, and it's likely more will keep coming out. And other victims may now come forward knowing he's in custody, and can't harm them again.

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a long time but followed MDH case daily. Here is a quote from this interview with Dan and Gil Harrington re location of Morgan's murderer "Morgan's parents are appealing to the Charlottesville community to turn in a killer they say is hiding in plain sight." from:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/19847590/...-disappearance

Gil goes on to say, "Animals stay close to their lair. They stay where they're comfortable and they stay where there's easy hunting at hand."

Watching JLM on that surveillance video closing in on Hannah so quickly, I don't believe this is his first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    What has he lied about? Why would he have reason to make such a statement? If there is any possibility that JM is linked to Morgan, no officer would deny that. They aren't going to sabotage a future case against JM even if it's not their own case.
    He didn't discuss the Harrington case. The media got it wrong.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast