IN - Gang rape in Warsaw while bystanders laughed

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/cr...bystanders-reportedly-laughed-stood-idle.html

According to court documents from the Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office, the incident happened Aug. 10 in the Wyndham Gardens parking lot. The victim was in Warsaw to attend an Aug. 9 concert and after the event, she went out to her car in the hotel parking lot. She noticed several items were missing from her vehicle and was in the back seat when three men appeared and surrounded her vehicle. The men proceeded to sexually assault and choke the victim for more than 20 minutes, according to the court documents.

A witness reported she came out of the hotel and not only saw the men assaulting the victim, but also saw a crowd of people a short distance from the vehicle laughing and watching the incident happen. The witness tried to help the victim, but one of the men pressed a gun against her ribs and told her to “shut up and watch,” the documents say.

The men quickly left after the incident, but the witness took a picture of the license plate on the SUV they drove away in. The victim was then taken to Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Center, where medical staff noted, among other things, bruising around her neck, left leg, and right arm.

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2014/09/26/illinois-man-arrested-for-warsaw-rape/

On Thursday, Sept. 25, Charles M. Williams, 20, of Waukegan, Ill., was booked at the Kosciusko County Jail for rape armed with a deadly weapon.

Williams’s charges stem from an incident that occurred in the Wyndham Gardens parking lot in Kosciusko County on Aug. 10, 2014...

After obtaining photographs from the concert and the hotel, officers were able to determine the identity of two of the assailants: Oscar McDowell, also known as Sinna Sin, and Williams, also known as B.C. Williams was booked into the Kosciusko County Jail on a $25,000 surety bond.

I'm so glad her relative/witness thought to take a picture of the getaway vehicle's license plate. I don't know if I could think after witnessing something like that. I'm beginning to think that my daughter and I should start carrying guns. You're not safe anywhere.

I myself carry pepper spray everywhere, too many sick, depraved people in this world not to. They were laughing???!!!!

It's hard to understand why the charges were dismissed.

Charges Dismissed Against One Rape Suspect

posted Jan 12, 2016

"Today, Tuesday, Jan. 12, was to be the start of a three-day jury trial for Charles M. Williams, 21, 2433 Dugdale Road, Waukegan, Ill. Instead the trial was cancelled and charges of rape, a level 1 felony; and sexual battery, a level 4 felony, have been dismissed, according to Kosciusko County Prosecutor Dan Hampton.

A co-defendant in the case, Oscar McDowell, who was charged with rape, a level 1 felony; sexual battery, a level 4 felony, is scheduled for a four-day jury trial to begin at 8:30 a.m. May 17 in Kosciusko Circuit Court. He is also facing a failure to appear charge after failing to appear at a court date on Jan. 26, 2015."

It's also hard to understand how the jury reached this verdict.

Not Guilty On All Counts

posted Aug 24, 2016

"The fate of Oscar Steven McDowell, 33, Waukegan, Ill., went to the jury at 4:45 p.m. Notification was received by the court at 6:35 p.m. that a verdict was reached, in the middle of a tornado warning for the county.

The verdict — not guilty on all three counts – rape, sexual battery and criminal confinement was decided by the jury.

The courtroom was quiet when the verdicts were read, no emotions from the mother of the victim could be heard, the defendant made no reaction until after the judge closed the hearing. McDowell gave hugs to both his attorneys — Matt Beuhler and Scott Lennox and thanked both."

It's also hard to understand how the jury reached this verdict.

Not Guilty On All Counts

posted Aug 24, 2016

"The fate of Oscar Steven McDowell, 33, Waukegan, Ill., went to the jury at 4:45 p.m. Notification was received by the court at 6:35 p.m. that a verdict was reached, in the middle of a tornado warning for the county.

The verdict — not guilty on all three counts – rape, sexual battery and criminal confinement was decided by the jury.

The courtroom was quiet when the verdicts were read, no emotions from the mother of the victim could be heard, the defendant made no reaction until after the judge closed the hearing. McDowell gave hugs to both his attorneys — Matt Beuhler and Scott Lennox and thanked both."
WTH? What about all the witnesses?
The one that tried to help and got a gun shoved in her side?

Is this the same guy??

Updated Feb 2021

A Chicago man was wanted Monday on charges alleging he raped a 14-year-old girl while staying at a Gary home last fall.

Ocsar S. McDowell Jr., 38, is facing one count of rape, a level 3 felony, and two felony counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.

The girl told police McDowell was at her relative's home Oct. 23 when she fell asleep, Lake Criminal court records show.

Man accused of raping 14-year-old girl at Gary home

Is this the same guy??

Updated Feb 2021

A Chicago man was wanted Monday on charges alleging he raped a 14-year-old girl while staying at a Gary home last fall.

Ocsar S. McDowell Jr., 38, is facing one count of rape, a level 3 felony, and two felony counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.

The girl told police McDowell was at her relative's home Oct. 23 when she fell asleep, Lake Criminal court records show.

Man accused of raping 14-year-old girl at Gary home

It seems like it is. The nicknames mentioned in both articles are pretty unique.

I see a psychopath building up here. In the making.....Sorry....don't say this very often...guilty when proven guilty but in my right mind I can't understand he is walking free....and heé we need to keep a track on this guy. When will his first murder occur, tired of going to court.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back