1322 users online (211 members and 1111 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Beverly, 87, & Lawrence Samples, 55, Midwest City, 16 Sept 2014

http://www.koco.com/news/nationwide-...woman/28265326

Midwest City police say an 87-year-old Midwest City woman has not been seen or heard from since Sept. 16 when she was preparing for a flight to California.

The missing woman, Beverly Samples, a white female, was last seen at 449 N. Air Depot Blvd., Apt. No. 8...

An additional victim was named in the report, Lawrence Samples, a 55-year-old man. His vehicle was described as a white 2006 Cadillac with license number 790GPT.
    http://www.news9.com/story/26637425/...ssing-from-mwc

Midwest City police said Beverly and Lawrence were preparing to leave for California, but their suitcases were found in the apartment.

The Silver Alert report states the individuals and the vehicle did not arrive at the planned destination, and they have not been seen since.

Beverly is described as a white female, and Lawerece as a white male. Clothing descriptions and photographs were not provided.

Feeling scared about this one. Here's Lawrence's FB:

https://www.facebook.com/larry.samples.59?fref=ts

Looks like he was an accountant. In one of his comments he says he left So Cal after living there 47 years because of the high cost of living. Also check out March 22-23 comments and photos of (deceased) brother and mother Beverly - March 24 comments show how brother "took his life".

OK - SILVER ALERT Beverly & Lawerece Samples, Midwest City; 16 September 2014

MIDWEST CITY, Oklahoma - The Midwest City Police Department has issued a Silver Alert for a woman and a man who have been missing since September 16.

According to police, the last known whereabouts of 87-year-old Beverly Samples and 55-year-old Lawerece Samples was at 4 p.m. on September 16 at an apartment complex near W. Silver Meadow Drive and N. Air Depot Boulevard.

Midwest City police said Beverly and Lawerece were preparing to leave for California, but their suitcases were found in the apartment.
    ---
    more at links below:

Silver Alert Issued After 2 Missing From MWC (news9.com)

---
    (Beverly) Samples was under “proven medical or physical disability,” and she is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death, police said.
    ---
    Silver Alert issued for Midwest City woman (Daily Oklahoman)

Oops! Once again I'm a duplicitous thread-starter thanks to uncertainties of WS search thing. "Don't ask," #@%^&*$# it. So what happened to these folks? And is it Lawrence, or Lawerece? This seems fated to end sadly.

Beats me, Woof. We seem to have seniors vanishing into the ether here lately. See: Glen Killion, also en route from Oklahoma to California.

The Samples mère and fils had a pretty good head start before we ever heard of them. No telling where they could be by now.

Both were found deceased in Oklahoma. Check out Larry Samples' friend Dondi Maria Smith's Facebook posts.
    Last edited by KayKay.85; 09-28-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: mistake

Ohh, so sorry about this result I had a bad feeling about this one.

I know we don't know yet what happened, but at first I thought maybe someone forced them to go somewhere with them. Then after reading his comments about his brother's suicide, and the article info about his mother's health, I had hoped that nothing had happened to her that made him feel he didn't want to go on living without her. Or if she was getting really ill and he realized she couldn't fly, maybe they were trying to get to Colorado to be close to where the brother had lived.

I guess it really doesn't matter now, and I hope no foul play was involved. RIP Beverly and Larry.

The friend mentioned above suggested that Larry had MS, so sadly I suspect either a murder-suicide or double suicide due to their recent stresses and ill health. Extremely sad and I feel for the friend who seems to have been the only person in their life who realised they were missing
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Yes, it is sad. I'm afraid we'll find out there was foul play. Larry's friend mentioned in posts that OK police had found his car Sept. 20th in Potawatomi, OK (Must've meant Potawatomi County), but the Samples were not in the car. They had the trip to CA planned to place his recently deceased brother's ashes placed in a niche. They also had motel rooms booked in advance for their trip. Just so sad! I guess we'll have to wait on the news stations to update on this case? I've seen nor heard anything in the news.
    RIP Beverly and Larry

Quote Originally Posted by jstanokiegal View Post
    Larry's friend mentioned in posts that OK police had found his car Sept. 20th in Potawatomi, OK (Must've meant Potawatomi County), but the Samples were not in the car.
    Another post there by a JH asks - so they checked into a motel in Potawatomi and that's where they were found?

I wonder if that's correct, or if he was assuming that.

I would feel better about foul play if I knew they had been found in a motel and had checked in on their own - nobody else with them, and under no duress. Or if they left a note. I've been thinking maybe they did leave a note, and that's why no media attention? Or is LE withholding until something else is determined?

I also noticed the article in the OP says that they were preparing for a flight to California - but the friend says they were driving there from OK? That's a pretty long drive for an ill 87 year old. Wonder which was correct? And why they ended up where they did?

So many questions.

I wonder if the friend reported them missing?

Otherwise it seems kind of odd the detective would call her to tell her the car was found but they weren't in it and were checking hospitals.

I mean, I could see contacting her to see if she knew anything since she posted on his FB a lot, but then it would seem strange to me that they'd call her and follow up and tell her that as a sort of 'status' update?

Yes, I'm pretty sure she mentioned in a post on her FB that she had reported them missing.

Interesting...friend has updated from what she was told earlier. And apparently they were found in Beverly's house after police eventually forced entry.

(And you were correct - somehow I missed it - she reported them missing the 20th)

Didn't find any articles following up on the story, though a number reported the Silver Alert initially, so it's only their friends that I'm seeing saying anything.

She's saying the car was NOT found on the date or location she had been told (her Sept 25th post stated that they had told her it was found the 20th). It was found locked in Beverly's garage after LE forced entry.

And they were both found in Beverly's house (the suitcases were found at Larry's several days earlier) But they wouldn't tell her how they died since she's not family.

It seems like aside from that chunk of time and delay in checking Beverly's house, she said they didn't check Larry's place until 2 or 3 days after she reported them missing. She is clearly upset about it - though I can't imagine the days made a difference at all. Since something a flukey CO leak or something wouldn't explain both sets of suitcases being in the other residence because I can't him having driven over, gotten her suitcase, taken it back to his house, and then driven back again to actually pick her up.

She last talked to Larry the 16th.
    He was supposed to call her the 19th and didn't.
    So she reported them missing the 20th
    She said they initially told her the car was also found the 20th.
    Larry's place was searched the 22nd or 23rd and the suitcases were found.
    Other family alerted LE that the dogs were to be in a kennel, and that somehow resulted in the door of Beverly's residence being forced on the 26th when they were found dead (and the car in the garage).

It seems odd that considering they emphasized Beverly's health, that given the suitcases (belonging to both) were found in one residence, and they never made the trip, that once they searched Larry's and found the suitcases, that they'd not also immediately go to search Beverly's?

And if another relative raised the issues of the dogs and the kennel and that seeming to be what prompted Beverly's house being entered when they were found, does that mean there were other relatives in the area since they knew the plan w/ the dogs? Were they close enough to know that about the dogs but not have keys to look themselves in the home? Or are they out of state and simply informed LE that?

Still, it seems like if you have an elderly female in poor health, who was supposed to show up somewhere and didn't, that forcing entry and checking the home would be a really obvious first step?

I wonder if all of that's misinformation because it seems odd (so does giving an entirely different accounting of the car's discovery)...?

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...72&db=Oklahoma

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...22&db=Oklahoma

Above are the links on ODCR for Beverly and Lawerence Samples probates. Strange there are no news articles about their deaths.