1052 users online (206 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Daniel Reaves, 25, Madison, 3 May 2008

...Always remembering the missing...

Real cold case mysteries: What happened to these southeast Indiana residents?

The Indiana State Police are requesting information on five cold cases within the Versailles District (...)

On May 3, 2008, Daniel Reaves, 25, North Vernon, was at his girlfriend’s house on East Shafer Road in Jefferson County. Sometime before midnight, as his girlfriend slept, he left the residence. At about 4 a.m. May 4, his girlfriend received a text message from Reaves. She called him back, but he did not answer his phone. This was the last contact anyone had with the young man.

Approximately a week after his disappearance, a gold 1999 Chrysler Sebring was reported to Madison police as abandoned on Green Hills Drive. A check of the vehicle’s registration indicated it was registered to Daniel Reaves and through their investigation, they learned the car had been at that location since about 11 p.m. May 3. The vehicle was processed by Indiana State Police crime scene investigators.

However, no clues as to Reaves' whereabouts were located.

According to the Charles Project page, the text to his girlfriend said "I love you". And no one has heard from him since. It sounds like a suicide to me

Oh wow, I remember this case very well. Hadn't thought about for several years now though.

I agree, Rayemonde, to me this has always seemed like a suicide too.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/f...-disappearance
    Article from 2012

Police searched the area, including the Clifty Falls State Park, for several weeks, but found no sign of Reaves.

Family members and close friends told investigators that Reaves didn't have any mental problems and that it would be out of character for him to seclude himself.
    I repeat myself but young men in their late teens, early 20s can be great at hiding their mental health issues. He also has that "sad look" to me in almost all of his pictures.

Found a thread about his case on an online forum starting with T, well, there seem to be many rumors surrounding his disappearance. I don't want to repeat all of it but what stood out to me, someone mentions a previous suicide attempt years before he went missing.