1127 users online (233 members and 894 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MN - Amelia Ramirez, 13 mos, beaten to death, dad charged, 15 March 2014

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_2...aughters-death

A Cottage Grove man who admitted to police that he assaulted his infant daughter is charged with second-degree murder in connection with her death earlier this year.

Authorities on Wednesday arrested Angel Daniel Ramirez, 19, who admitted during questioning that he had punched the 13-month-old girl multiple times, pulled her hair out and threw a cup that hit her eye, according to the criminal complaint filed Friday in Washington County District Court. Ramirez was booked into Washington County Jail and bail was set at $1 million on Friday...

The autopsy showed "significant bruising" to all sides of the infant's head, and the medical examiner reported that the baby's brain had swollen, an indication of blunt-force trauma to the head. There also were small bruises on her trunk, arms and jaw. There were no bruises consistent with falling. There was internal bleeding of the bowel and stomach, according to the complaint. The injuries were sustained over a period of time.
    Amelia's obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/twi...?pid=170304877

heartbreaking.....
    Just My Opinion

October 2014:

On March 15, Amelia Analesse Ramirez, 13 months old, died as a result of multiple blunt-force traumatic injuries caused by her father. According to a criminal complaint, Angel Daniel Ramirez, 19, admitted during questioning that he had punched the 13-month-old girl multiple times, pulled her hair out and threw a cup that hit her eye. Ramirez told authorities that the night before Amelia died he was upset with the child’s mother so he went to the infant’s crib and punched her both in the stomach and the back of the head. Relatives told police that Ramirez was controlling and abusive toward the child’s mother, which was confirmed by the mother. The Cottage Grove man has been charged with second-degree murder.
    http://www.ifallsjournal.com/news/do...29c540894.html

July 2015:

Angel Daniel Ramirez, 19, will face one count of murder while committing child abuse and a second count of murder while committing domestic abuse, a grand jury determined last week.

The indictment replaces a lesser charge...

Ramirez sent a message to the mother on Aug. 24, 2014, in which he admitted hurting the girl. "Okay, I did it. I beat Amelia. I blacked out and I beat her. I don't remember how," he wrote.

He also admitted to punching her in the stomach and head, dropping her off the bed on her head, throwing a bottle that hit her in the eye, and pulling her ponytail so hard that hair came out of her head.

"He stated that he did not know his own strength," the complaint said...

District Judge Gary Schurrer set bail on July 23 at $1.5 million.
    http://m.startribune.com/st-paul-man...ath/320201231/