FL FL - Judy Davis, 15, Jacksonville, 13 May 1972

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
e682eb17-8ff2-4b4e-8f44-29dd4c4302c9_zps394c742a.jpg

http://downtownjax.firstcoastnews.com/news/news/142093-jacksonville-woman-looks-missing-sister

"It was the day before Mother's Day"... O'Quinn said her sister, Judy Lynn Davis, was going to the movies with a friend, but never made it. "That night Judy didn't come home," she said. O'Quinn says the last time anyone recalls seeing her sister was at the corner of W 60th and Pearl Streets, a few yards from their home.

"It sticks in your mind," she said. "When you see your mom at Mother's Day crying, it hurts." O'Quinn said when Judy's birthday came around it was even worse. "My mother died never knowing what happened," she said...

O'Quinn now, 55, is two years younger than her missing sister... After her sister's disappearance her parents moved to South Carolina. A few years ago her father died, and recently her mom passed away.

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26255

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_judy.html

Judy Lynn Davis – The Charley Project

Judy Lynn Davis
  • judy_lynn_davis_1.jpg
Judy, circa 1972

• Missing Since05/13/1972
  • Missing FromJacksonville, Florida
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/21/1956 (62)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Judy was last seen in the vicinity of west 60th and Pearl Streets in Jacksonville, Florida on May 13, 1972. She went out to the movies with a friend, never returned and has never been heard from again.

Her parents are both deceased, but her sister is still alive and looking for her. Few details are available in Judy's case.

Judy Lynn Davis
  • judy_lynn_davis_1.jpg
Judy, circa 1972

• Missing Since 05/13/1972
  • Missing From Jacksonville, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/21/1956 (63)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description An Army jacket, a red shirt, blue denim hip-hugger pants and beige suede shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance

Judy was last seen in the vicinity of west 60th and Pearl Streets in Jacksonville, Florida on May 13, 1972. She went out to the movies with a friend, never returned and has never been heard from again.

Her parents are both deceased, but her sister is still alive and looking for her. Few details are available in Judy's case.

Investigating Agency
  • Jacksonville Sheriff's Office 904-630-5760
Source Information
Last updated May 16, 2019; clothing/jewelry description added.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- If you were born in the 1970s you may remember the hottest movie in 1972, it was the Godfather. 1972 was also the year Barbara O'Quinn's sister disappeared.

"It was the day before Mother's Day," said O'Quinn.

O'Quinn said her sister, Judy Lynn Davis, was going to the movies with a friend, but never made it.

"That night Judy didn't come home," she said.

O'Quinn says the last time anyone recalls seeing her sister was at the corner of W 60th and Pearl Streets, a few yards from their home.

"It sticks in your mind," she said. "When you see your mom at Mother's day crying it hurts."

O'Quinn said when Judy's birthday came around it was even worse.

"My mother died never knowing what happened," she said.

Is Judy Davis alive? Is she okay? or worst is she deceased? Questions, so far, without answers.

"I could die today and not know," said O' Quinn.

O'Quinn now, 55, is two years younger than her missing sister; she said it affected how she raised her children.

"I don't like to let my grand kids out of my sight," said O'Quinn.

After her sister's disappearance her parents moved to South Carolina. A few years ago her father died, and recently her mom passed away.

This month a South Carolina probate court told O'Quinn she needed to publish a legal notice to the missing heir to bring closure to the probate case.

She needs the help of an attorney to get it done, but the letter has also remind her of the hole in her heart, Judy Lynn Davis.

"Judy was the pick, that's okay," said O'Quinn. "She could be the pick right now if I could just have her back."

Her parents had six children.

The last documentation in the JSO missing person case file was 1993; in 2009 a detective tried to reach a family member for a DNA sample with no luck.

LINK:
Jacksonville woman looks for missing sister

But JSO said with the new information an investigator will try again.

Jacksonville attorney Eric Ragatz said his firm will try to help O'Quinn will the publishing of the legal notice to the missing heir, Judy Lynn Davis.

Judy Lynn Davis
3711DFFL.jpg

Name: Judy Lynn Davis
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 13, 1972
Location Last Seen: Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 21, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Red shirt, army jacket, blue denim hip hugger pants.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Beige suede shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Per law enforcement, Judy was last seen on May 13, 1972. She went to the movies with a friend and has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Glenn Warkentien
Agency Phone Number: (904) 630-0500
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1972-101062
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 26255

Information Source(s)
NamUs
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
3711DFFL - Judy Lynn Davis

It sure makes you wonder if it was a local that she trusted if she got into a car.

O'Quinn says the last time anyone recalls seeing her sister was at the corner of W 60th and Pearl Streets, a few yards from their home.

upload_2021-5-16_14-13-31.png

I'm surprised because of the lack of information.
Apparently the theatre was at a walking distance (someone mentioned it was in Norwood Avenue in Whereabouts still unknown comments), but there's nothing about the friend:
Was it a boy or a girl?
What did that person do when Judy didn't show up?
Also, I would like to know when the last sighting was:
Was it during the afternoon or evening hours?
If it was in the evening, was the area dangerous?

Possible match:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho