633 users online (81 members and 552 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Panama - Lisanne Froon, 22, & Kris Kremers, 21, Boquete, 1 April 2014 - #6

Police in Panama are hunting two young Dutch women who disappeared after making plans to go on a country walk near the mountain town of Boquete.
    http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...n_disappea.php

The women still have not been found.
    A Facebook page has been created for them: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisan...88075314805262

Here my updated map with the latest findings (click on it for a larger version), with the help of local guides Baru and Feliciano:

Panama - Dutch women Lisanne Froon, 22, & Kris Kremers, 21, Boquete, 1 Apr 2014 , #6

Dutch women missing in Panama are confirmed dead

In a statement, Ms Kremers' family said they "had to confront the tough news that, just like Lisanne, Kris also died during her trip to Panama".

Local prosecutor Betzaida Pitty said so far no-one was being investigated in connection with their deaths.

Ms Kremers and Ms Froon were last seen on 2 April near Boquete, where they had travelled to do social work with children after completing a two-week Spanish course.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28018749

Panama - Dutch women Lisanne Froon, 22, & Kris Kremers, 21, Boquete, 1 Apr 2014 , #6

Please continue here for Lisanne and Kris

Please be mindful of the rules. You can find them here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...?159-The-Rules

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

CHIRIQUI PROSECUTOR WILL HAND OVER SKELETAL REMAINS TO RELATIVES OF KRIS KREMERS

La Estrella de Panamá reports:
    http://laestrella.com.pa/panama/naci...emers/23808214

Translation:

At the request of the families of the disappeared Dutch woman Kris Kremers, first superior Prosecutor of Chiriqui, Bethsaida Pitti, shall hand over to them the remains of the bones of the young woman located along the Rio Culubre in the province of Bocas del Toro.

Prosecutor Pitti said that in late September the remains of Kris Kremers will be handed over to her parents, though she did not mention if they will come to the province of Chiriqui to pick them up or delegate it to someone else to receive them.

Belongings such as clothing, cameras and backpacks will be returned to their families, thereby fulfilling the request of their loved ones, said the prosecutor.

As to the request of counsel Enrique Arrocha, representative of theKremers family, Pitti said that all the evidence was analyzed by Panamanian and Dutch experts and each of the proceedings were duly reported to the families of Kris and Lisanne.

She said that "if the lawyer Arrocha wants further investigation, he knows very well what procedures there are to follow."

BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Dearest Baru, I have a few questions:
    - could you add to your map, the trail from Estrellita to Culebra?
    - how sure is it that Felciano's finca is situated North from the rio Velorio? Could it be situated south from rio Velorio?
    - can you place the community of Alto Romero in your map? Where is it exactly?

I cant say exactly, where is all that you want, but Curundu knows everything or maybe Rick Morales.

Alto Romero is between rio Velorio(south), rio Romero(north point 16), rio Culebra(west) and Comarca gnöbe bugle(Kankintú)(east).

Hi everyone, I have been trying to work in Bing maps (logged in etc.), but all I can find is a cloudy map of Boquete+Cordillera. Baru, where did you find the image with few clouds over the Cordillera/Bocas? Zooming in or out does not help. Can someone help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiatos View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been trying to work in Bing maps (logged in etc.), but all I can find is a cloudy map of Boquete+Cordillera. Baru, where did you find the image with few clouds over the Cordillera/Bocas? Zooming in or out does not help. Can someone help me out?
    Found it!! Thanks Chiatos

Quote Originally Posted by Baru View Post
    I cant say exactly, where is all that you want, but Curundu knows everything or maybe Rick Morales.

Alto Romero is between rio Velorio(south), rio Romero(north point 16), rio Culebra(west) and Comarca gnöbe bugle(Kankintú)(east).

you make joke but Rick is on third place
    only Master Arauz and Drake are ahead
    http://ecoventurestravel.com/latin_a..._in_panama.htm

Ντιναμό Ζάγκρεμπ

They are unknown in Culebra areal, they can have a lot of knowledge in Darien, Nationals park in the Panama province, Colon but in Culebra they are only visitor, they can know lot as us, about the vegetation, animals life, but about terrain???
    Im no considered myself as master, but I know who are the master in my region and Rick is not a master in this areal, he needs guide to go to Culebra.

Baru, how do I draw lines in a Bing Map? I've tried, but haven't succeeded so far..... Can you let me know? Thanks!

I draw it in google earth, I saved as KMZ and uploaded to bingmap. In bingmap I can edit but not create a new path.

I have draw the line of Romero river, is there.

Well, I have made a map, very inaccurate ofcourse and I'm not handy with these things, but this is what I wanted to demonstrate. Yellow line=Pianista+Mirador crossing, Red line=Sinaproc route
    On April 3, Feliciano searches the Pianista
    On April 4, Sinaproc joins the searches starting on various trails starting on the Boquete side
    On April 5, Sinaproc searches the Pianista further and crosses the Cordillera, towards Bocas and Alto Romero. Did they cross the CD at the Mirador on that first day?
    If not, why not? That is where the search across the CD should start, if Pianista trail is in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Answering Danyoromijn:

The 1st crossing has no cable bridge, you see in Telemetro video they cross the 1st river just by walking through it (holding to a rope).
    So actually the 2nd cable bridge should be called 1st cable bridge, because it is the 1st with cables, but it is the 2nd "bridge" (crossing).

I think it was Baru who told us quite some time ago that some distance upstream at the first cable crossing there is a relatively safe and easy place to wade through the river. For some people safer than taking the cable bridge (that is less safe when you are taller). You have to know that of course.

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast