1335 users online (275 members and 1060 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Rebecca Kemper, 15, Bucyrus, 23 Sept 2014

Rebecca "Beccy" Kemper

Former Eaton Rapids teen missing since Sept. 23
    BUCYRUS, OHIO Rebecca "Beccy" Kemper has been missing from her northern Ohio home for a week and her mother believes she may have met someone online. Beccy, 15, who grew up in Eaton Rapids before moving to Ohio three years ago, was last seen the night of Sept. 23. Beccy's 11-year-old sister saw her that night with two black fabric tote bags one with an image of a skull and crossbones, the other with an image of a pink-and-light-blue, glittering peacock. She apparently left with those bags, said her mother, Heather Todd.
    Todd last saw Beccy Sept. 23 around 10:30 p.m. at their home in rural Bucyrus, Ohio, about 70 miles north of Columbus. "She gave me a hug, said good night," Todd said. Beccy's Facebook account was last updated that night sometime before 10 p.m., Todd said. The update featured a photo Beccy holding her 3-year-old nephew. The post, Todd said, called her nephew "my best friend in the whole world." Todd said a bloodhound tracked her scent to a barn in the middle of a farm field, about two miles from her house.
    http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...sing/16477347/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Poster rally held to help find missing teen
    BUCYRUS A poster rally was held Wednesday afternoon for a 15-year-old girl who has been missing since last Tuesday. Rebecca "Beccy" Kemper was last seen about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 23 at her home at 5033 Crestline Road, according to her mother, Heather Perdue Todd. Todd, with the help of several people, had the rally at Aumiller Park to distribute fliers throughout the city.
    http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com...teen/16560251/

Heather Todd, mother of Beccy Kemper, fields a call before distributing fliers Wednesday at Aumiller Park.
    (Photo: Jason J. Molyet/Telegraph-Forum)
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Mom's FB has more info and pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/heather.todd03?fref=ufi

And read comments on Dad?Stepdad? FB about finding 10 pages of texts from 21 year old trying to get her to leave home:

https://www.facebook.com/stromwell?fref=nf

I am really scared that she went with someone and this will not end well. Praying that I am wrong.

Thank you los for posting this. I found out about it about the same time you posted. A man came into my work and brought a poster. I have shared on my FB (this is fairly local for me). Fifteen is such a tough age. I am watching for her and praying she is home soon.

jmo

ETA: We have a mutual friend on FB - will see what I can find out.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

http://www.wmfd.com/local-news/single.asp?story=61564

Her family and friends held a poster rally Wednesday afternoon to widen their search efforts. Heather Todd has been frantically searching for her daughter since she realized she was missing from their home in the 5000 block of Crestline Road last Tuesday night...

Friends and neighbors haven't seen or heard from Becky, her phone was left at home, and a search by police and bloodhounds came up short. Their poster rally at Aumiller Park Wednesday was their first step in getting the community involved. They're hoping someone saw something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    Thanks for the link, Tonia, and Los for the thread. I find her August 18th FB post worrisome. Sure hope she is alright.
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

I was hoping there was some good news about Becca today. Sigh.

Also thinking about her dad saying there was 10 pages of texts from a 21 year old trying to get her to leave home. He might not realize it, but being on WS we all know that the "21 year old" could be anyone - any age, criminal background, traffickers, etc.

Super scary and I hope she's OK. I swear, these cases lately with these young girls are breaking my heart. They're supposed to be enjoying their "carefree" teen years. Instead a good number of them (too many) are living their daily lives in these hyper-chaotic, pseudo-adult soap opera, life threatening situations.

Oh bless her. She's a sweety. She reminds me of my 15 year old. She wants nothing more than to be a cat too and she's also into the alternative scene. I hope they find her soon x
    The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path.

All views are my own ~ and will probably change on a frequent basis

I have trouble really understanding half the things her father is typing, but his past posts, like from 2011, are worrisome. Confusing.

http://www.wtam.com/articles/wtam-lo...-teen-12827798

The FBI is asking for the public's help in locating a missing teenager...

It is believed that Becky is not a runaway, she does not have a history of running away.

So she's not thought to be a runaway. I wish we knew more information about her disappearance. As always, thank you Okie for being on top of things.

Her Instagram has a few posts about self-harm. I really hope she's just trying to get away for a while.

http://instagram.com/thatgirlbeccy

FBI Helping With Search For Missing Bucyrus Teen

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...yrus-teen.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

FBI and Marion County authorities won't comment on why the vehicle belonging to a missing 15-year-old girl from Bucyrus was towed from the family's home Friday afternoon.

When asked if Marion County authorities could comment, a spokesperson said, “Not at this point. I can't."

Speaking at a news conference, authorities did say they had believed that Rebecca "Becky" Kemper, 15, had been speaking with a man in Marion prior to her disappearance. They say they've since spoken with that man, but not identified him as a suspect or person of interest.
    http://www.myfox28columbus.com/news/...l#.VC8GqvldUr4

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast