GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Beverly!

1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Police are in their second day of looking for clues in the disappearance of a central Arkansas real estate agent. More than 250 volunteers were out helping authorities search for clues Saturday.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 51-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband September 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m. After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home and found his wife's car with her purse and wallet inside, but she was nowhere to be found, and investigators have found no trace of a crime.

Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts. Flyers circulating suggest Carter stands around 5 feet, 2 inches and weighs around 145 pounds. She is also said to have blonde hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Beverly Carter is urged to contact PCSO at any of the below listed contacts.

24 hour Communications number: (501) 340-6963

Criminal Investigations Division: (501) 340-6940

Central Arkansas CRIMESTOPPERS tip line:(501) 340-TIPS(8477)

Thread #1

Media Thread

:seeya:
This is the social media we can link to:

Social media of the accused (Arron Lewis)

Facebook of the Victim

MSM Social Media

All other social media links are off limits.

We do not ever allow screen shots from social media

We do not allow discussion of comments, though you can point someone in the direction of the comment. Such as "see comment from A.M. under this article"

All social media / comments other than MSM Article are to be taken as rumor.

Also no more discussion or sleuthing of "Trevor" the police at this point have cleared him. If that changes we will revisit.

Any questions then please feel free to PM me or another MOD.

TIA
:loser:

Just a reminder...

Sleuthing family and friends of the victim or suspect is not allowed.

Please continue here...

Just love that new thread smell. :D
Thanks for everything you do Ima.

What AL said during his perp walk has me wondering about something. What is the common phrase that most folks would use when talking about a REALTOR? Would they say real estate agent or broker? Because as a broker I know that there is a difference between being a broker and an agent. Most salespeople only hold an agent license. Beverly held a Broker's license. For a person of AL's questionable intelligence to use the term broker would beg for one to look deeper into this thing. Maybe being in the business makes it where I can't see the forest for the trees, but to me that is a big clue.

FWIW: I tell all of my sales associates each year that rule number 1 is never let them take you away from the scene of the first crime. They don't want to rape or kill you in a house that could have another realtor on their way to show it. Their goal is to get you to their cave. Put up your fight there at the house, you might die fighting but you'll be found quickly and you will stand a better chance of surviving.

Live updates coming up now on their mid day news...via link above. The news just started, so you should be able to catch it.

What AL said during his perp walk has me wondering about something. What is the common phrase that most folks would use when talking about a REALTOR? Would they say real estate agent or broker? Because as a broker I know that there is a difference between being a broker and an agent. Most salespeople only hold an agent license. Beverly held a Broker's license. For a person of AL's questionable intelligence to use the term broker would beg for one to look deeper into this thing. Maybe being in the business makes it where I can't see the forest for the trees, but to me that is a big clue.

FWIW: I tell all of my sales associates each year that rule number 1 is never let them take you away from the scene of the first crime. They don't want to rape or kill you in a house that could have another realtor on their way to show it. Their goal is to get you to their cave. Put up your fight there at the house, you might die fighting but you'll be found quickly and you will stand a better chance of surviving.

Great thought. I have owned and purchased homes, and consider myself fairly well-educated and I would probably still just say "Realtor" rather than know specifically or say specifically that Beverly was a 'broker'.

I wonder if it is possible that AL has ever seen/come in contact with Beverly via her family? He is about the same age as her sons, and I am not sure how old her grandchildren are but he has a son and his wife has a daughter. I wonder if the first time she caught his attention didn't have anything to do with real estate?

ETA: Not suggesting he was a friend of the family or really knew them. But perhaps at a local sporting event or something of the like, he may have spotted her or come briefly into contact with her?

Kind of interesting that he is pleading not guilty now after he admitted to kidnapping after his Miranda rights were read. He stated his lawyer told him to plead NG.

Welcome DrTedOk! I was trying to put that together myself. He did go to a broker and not to a sales agent. The two houses that where shown ( she might have had three lined up) was a dead away ( to me) She has a listing herself for 89,000 in the general vicinity.. so that indicated a "first time home buyer" and the one she was at ( where her car was) was a foreclosure for four years. I think she had the distinct feeling about money because she started with her own listing at 89,000. My question as well was, why a broker? He had to seek her out and had worked with another sales associate before this on another house. He had 17 thousand cash to put down on that one. I don't have a clue how he would have qualified for loan on the first one either. The house on Old River road was out of his price range. I know she didn't meet him before, so this had to be through something like Truila or Zillow or he just sought her out. So far, no one can establish a connection.

It was posted earlier that his step daughter and her granddaughter may have been in the same cheering club and then someone posted that her husband was in construction but Al was fired from the concrete company a couple months ago. It is very uncommon to work with a Broker.. so how would that come about?

I am a Realtor and I agree DrTed. It is hinky that he used the term Broker. Maybe he is not so dumb after all maybe he is just playing dumb for now...

I also leave my things locked in my car when showing properties; like Beverly did. It keeps your hands free for more important things like your cell phone and your keys incase you need to gouge some eyes.

The vehicle he crashed was not his. I wonder if the owner may be the one who tipped off le about the burial site.

I know the difference just because I am familiar with the business but a lot of people I know normally call their realtor "Agent", whether they are just licensed as an affiliate or a broker. I really can't see this guy knowing the difference. If this was premeditated, he probably had looked at her advertising, which probably says broker.

Curious, was she the Broker of her office or just held the license?

Very good advice you give! It is so true...I have even given similar advice to my kids.....fight like the devil there and then because if they get you in their car, chances are you will never be seen again.

KATV News @KATVNews

RT @AlexisKATV: #BeverlyCarter's coworkers have just arrived to the conference venue wearing red #WeWearRed #ARNews

pic.twitter.com/lv0RRyAYIR

I was wondering what kind of scam he could do with the house...just dont understand it....

It is very uncommon to work with a Broker.. so how would that come about?

Not uncommon here at all. When I was looking at homes this past year, the person I worked with was the broker and owner of her real estate office. I know she shows tons of homes. I also know of a few more brokers who show houses all the time. I also see you referring to the price of the home meaning only a first time buyer would buy it. Not so. Various people have different wants/needs in housing. Someone may have wanted a home as a second-home, especially as it appears it was around water. Or, they could have been buying it for their kid. Or, to flip. You just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23