734 users online (89 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NV - Margay Edwards, 27, Pahrump, 13 Sept 2014

http://www.ksby.com/news/deputies-ca...n-suspicious-/

Two men riding quads discovered the body of the 27-year-old young woman from Los Osos, CA, on Thursday in a Nevada desert off Hafen Road Ranch in Nye County, NV, according to the Nye County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Tony De Meo describes this part of the desert as well-frequented, as there is a paint ball range nearby. "People use the area as a hang out area. We found out a lot of evidence of people being there, so it wasn't a clean, pristine desert area"...

"Right now we know that the vehicle she was driving isn't there. Her cell phone isn't there. We believe at least one other person was at that location," Sheriff De Meo said.
    http://www.keyt.com/news/27year-old-...evada/28347112

Nye County Sheriff says the death is suspicious and is investigating the cause...

Nye County Sheriff says Edwards had been staying in a hotel in Las Vegas, but they're not sure if she was alone or with friends.
    http://calcoastnews.com/2014/09/los-...cted-homicide/

Her family last saw her on Sept. 12 in Los Osos and last heard from her on Sept. 14.
    Her missing rental car is described as a blue 2014 Hyundai Accent with California plates 7ESZ966.

Oh my. Sounds very suspicious, she is so beautiful. May she rest in peace. Margay is an angel now. I hope they find justice for her.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...t-near-pahrump

Sheriff’s Detective Joe McGill said authorities are focusing their investigation on a car that Edwards was driving, presumably at the time of her death. “There is a vehicle that was rented by the deceased, which is missing at this time and we need assistance to try to locate that vehicle,” McGill said. “It’s a 2014 metallic blue Hyundai Accent. The license plate number is (California) 7ESZ966.”

Additionally, McGill said investigators also want to learn exactly who Edwards was with before she went missing more than a week ago.

“We know that she was seen in the Pahrump area on Sept. 13,” he said. “To the best of our knowledge, nobody has seen or spoken to her since. We do know that she had very loose ties to Pahrump. We’re treating this as a criminal investigation.”

Margay is from my neck of the woods. The chatter on Facebook is all about how sweet she was; she was apparently well-liked. It's never a good thing when someone is found deceased in the desert... it's almost always due to foul play. So sad. I hope LE is able to determine what happened to her, and who played a part. Rest in peace, Margay.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” --Dalai Lama XIV

ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE FOR CHANGE OF NAME CASE NUMBER 37-2012-00086304-CU-PT-CTL SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO 330 West Broadway San Diego, CA 92101 Central Division, Hall of Justice PETITION OF: Margay Kim Edwards for change of name. TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS: Petitioner: Margay Kim Edwards filed a petition with this court for a decree changing names as follows: Present Name Margay Kim Edwards to Proposed Name Victoria Kim Edwards....

http://legals216.rssing.com/chan-5787965/all_p5.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook is /Victoria.Edwards.7334

Quote Originally Posted by JoCoKSEyes View Post
    ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE FOR CHANGE OF NAME CASE NUMBER 37-2012-00086304-CU-PT-CTL SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO 330 West Broadway San Diego, CA 92101 Central Division, Hall of Justice PETITION OF: Margay Kim Edwards for change of name. TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS: Petitioner: Margay Kim Edwards filed a petition with this court for a decree changing names as follows: Present Name Margay Kim Edwards to Proposed Name Victoria Kim Edwards....

http://legals216.rssing.com/chan-5787965/all_p5.html

Interesting. Could be that she simply didn't like her first name and wanted to legally change it. If someone was trying to hide from an abusive ex-BF or a stalker, normally she would change her surname. In this case, though, she has a very common surname and an uncommon given name so it would make sense for her to make the simplest change to enable her to continue living her life with the least disruption. If that was the purpose of the name change, though, it apparently didn't protect her. It was public record; all someone had to do was Google her previous name.

I hope the killer is soon found and brought to justice.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by JoCoKSEyes View Post
    Facebook is /Victoria.Edwards.7334

I take it, from some of the posts on her FB page by her brother, that her maiden name is Kim. She also posted that she was in a relationship -- the name was not Edwards. So, she is divorced, maybe?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    I take it, from some of the posts on her FB page by her brother, that her maiden name is Kim. So she was married? She also posted that she was in a relationship -- the name was not Edwards. So, she is divorced, maybe?
    Not married. Parents divorced. Edwards is her father's last name. Kim is her mother's.

I don't think she's been married. It appears that her parents are divorced. Edwards is her father's last name. Kim is her mother's.

The last entry on her FB is in May. I think the relationship was over by the time of her death and I don't feel that person had anything to do with her death. They need to find her car.

woul someone murder her for her car? it's new but is that model/make a hot item for car thieves in that area? do they strip them down & sell them overseas or just repaint etc?

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    The last entry on her FB is in May. I think the relationship was over by the time of her death and I don't feel that person had anything to do with her death. They need to find her car.
    I tend to agree. However, her body was found next to a dirt racetrack if I'm not mistaken. The man she was dating has a pic on FB of him sitting in an off-road racing vehicle and holding what looks like an assault rifle. Gave me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    woul someone murder her for her car? it's new but is that model/make a hot item for car thieves in that area? do they strip them down & sell them overseas or just repaint etc?
    I doubt it. More likely the perp just needed transportation out of the area so he took the car. I think the two of them went to that location together, whether willingly on her part or otherwise, and he left alone.

Ruled homicide.

http://m.keyt.com/news/los-osos-woma...icide/28365754

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast