1219 users online (213 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

DC - Joe Madden, 23, Washington DC, 29 Sept 2014

Joe Madden

Brookland’s Finest and Pug Bartender, Joe Madden, Missing
    A popular D.C. bartender has been missing since Monday morning.

PoPville posted the following email from Joe Madden's father:
    My son, Joe Madden, has been missing since Monday. Joe is 23, about 6’1″ and 170lbs. Hazel eyes. Last seen in NE Washington, DC on Monday morning Sept 29 around 10:30 am. We have filed a police report but there’s nothing else the police can do. None of his friends have heard from him since Sunday. He doesn’t have his phone with him.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...277822081.html

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Nice looking young man. I hope he is safe.

I believe I read he didn't have a phone with him. Is he accustomed to carrying a phone and if he doesn't have one why?
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

I hope he is found soon!

from his FB it looks like he is close with his brother... I wonder if his brother has any ideas where Joe may be headed?

I hope he is found safe, sound, and soon!

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...277822081.html

From this link above...

It reports he was last seen on Monday, September 29, 2014, at around 10:30 a.m.... But his friends have not seen him since Sunday, September 28th...

I wonder who saw him last on Monday?

Parent(s)?....(does he live at home or away from home?)

???

Additionally... There is no report of a car...

does he own a car?.... Or do people in Wash. DC rely on public transportation?

The link reports that he "has worked" at: Brookland's Finest, The Pug, and Solly's....
    I wonder if that means he does not work at the moment?...
    Or... Where does he work at the moment?

so many questions with the little preliminary information we have...

JMO

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/10...ay-107714.html

According to his mother, Madden left for work Monday morning at Brookland's Finest around 10:30 a.m. and has not been seen or heard from since... Madden's home is across the street from Brookland's Finest so it was a short walk. He never showed up.

He was at the restaurant the night before with friends who tell his mother that nothing seemed wrong. He told them he was coming to work the following day. Madden doesn't have his cell phone with him because, his mother said, he left it at work that night and planned to retrieve it when he got to work the next morning.

His mother says his bank accounts haven't been touched.

Cars are a nice convenience in this area, but public transportation is relied upon, heavily. The Metro system includes both an extensive bus and subway system that not only serves the District, but also feeds out into the Maryland/Northern Virginia suburbs of DC. VA and MD also have their own rail services that feeds into/out of DC, as well.

Wondering if Joe leaving his phone behind at work, was indicative of something medically related?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2668652...ical-attention

"Madden is 6'1" tall and weighs bout 170 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. When he was last seen, he was wearing jeans and black work boots. It is unclear if Madden is in need of medical attention.

The family is planning to hand out flyers Thursday in the northeast neighborhood. Anyone with information on Madden's whereabouts is asked to call D.C. police."

rbbm.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Wondering if Joe leaving his phone behind at work, was indicative of something medically related?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2668652...ical-attention

"Madden is 6'1" tall and weighs bout 170 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. When he was last seen, he was wearing jeans and black work boots. It is unclear if Madden is in need of medical attention.

The family is planning to hand out flyers Thursday in the northeast neighborhood. Anyone with information on Madden's whereabouts is asked to call D.C. police."

rbbm.
    The part bolded above concerns me...

Does he regularly take meds for depression, anxiety, ???

http://www.wtop.com/109/3714007/DC-bartender-23-missing

"If you know where he is, or have any information, call the D.C. police at 202- 727-9099. "

rbbm.

"His mother says his bank accounts haven't been touched. She said Madden has never disappeared before and she is extremely worried about his safety. The family filed a missing persons report Wednesday. D.C. police confirm they are investigating. Madden's mother tells ABC 7 news police checked area hospitals and the morgue but to no avail."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/10...#ixzz3F0UhTrZD
    Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

rbbm.

early 20's male, leaves phone at home, disappears...sounds sadly familiar

beautiful young man. I do hope he's okay. "last seen at 10:30 a.m." gives me more hope than I have when a young guy is last seen at 3:00 a.m. after a night of drinking. his mother seems to be some sort of internet professional so his case is getting wide coverage in local blogs, etc. but I guess there's really no where to start looking for him at this point. I'm in the general area so will keep my eyes peeled.

I wonder if there has been a recent event in his life that would make him want to "get away" for a while... Take a break...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast