1225 users online (214 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Miles Applebaum, 21, NYC, 29 September 2014

SRacBK2.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...m_hp_ref=crime

Miles Applebaum hasnít been seen or heard from since Monday morning, when he left his home in Armonk, a hamlet in the town of North Castle about 50 miles northeast of New York City.

(...)

There has been no activity in Miles Applebaum's bank account and his phone has not been turned on since Monday morning -- something his dad said is "out of character."

His vehicle, a 1999 forest green Volvo S80 with New York license #Z524CL, also is missing.
    His ATM card was last used in Brooklyn on 9/29.

I hope he is streetwise. Being in Brooklyn is totally different than Armonk.
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...sing/16575953/

North Castle police said Thursday that their investigation has led "to a wooded section in the neighboring town of New Castle," where Miles' vehicle was located. Police said authorities from several jurisdictions are conducting a search in that area, around Whippoorwill Road.

Search continues for Armonk's Miles Applebaum, 21; car found

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...sing/16575953/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

I really hope he did not take his own life. But with the vehicle found..

Picture of emergency vehicles around where his car was found

1412274267000-Search-1.jpeg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ge...77a80e58d10bf1

Oh Lord-----that doesnt sound promising............

Had Miles' family indicated any problems he may have been having? medical issues???
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

The HuffPo article mentioned he had depression issue lately and on medical leave from university

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    I hope he is streetwise. Being in Brooklyn is totally different than Armonk.
    Well, he had been a student at Temple in Philadelphia, which would have necessitated learning some street smarts-it's not in a very nice neighborhood. And there are some very good neighborhoods in Brooklyn

My heart goes out to Miles family as they await news of their beloved son.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    Well, he had been a student at Temple in Philadelphia, which would have necessitated learning some street smarts-it's not in a very nice neighborhood. And there are some very good neighborhoods in Brooklyn
    Yes, there are some beautiful areas of Brooklyn, but there are others that are very dangerous as well, unfortunately. As of now, it seems the focus is back in Westchester county, where LE discovered his car. Hope they find him too!
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

The article never said whether he made it to work that day. I'm guessing not? So his car was found north of his home, but his card was used in Brooklyn (south) a few days after he went missing. I hope he wasn't carjacked/mugged. I don't know; I'm starting to doubt he was in Brooklyn.

His FB: https://www.facebook.com/miles.applebaum

He looks like such a sweet kid from his pictures. I don't know if I've got PMS or what, but the one of him with the cat made me tear up a little... Come home, Miles! Depression is awful, but you have people who love you!

Is it possible that he worked in Brooklyn? I think the article stated that his card was used there the same day his parents last saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    He looks like such a sweet kid from his pictures. I don't know if I've got PMS or what, but the one of him with the cat made me tear up a little... Come home, Miles! Depression is awful, but you have people who love you!
    I know what you mean. It really got to me as well

I wonder about the ATM card. Why go all the way to Brooklyn if he planned to take his own life close so where he lives? It reminds me a bit of Jennifer Hudson. Doubt it was for drugs. There are plenty of cities nearby where one can buy drugs, you don't have to drive all the way to Brooklyn.

Hopefully they can ping his cellphone's last known location.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast