1117 users online (197 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I just don't think Bob's disappearance was a spur of the moment thing, with an aborted trip to get help for an injured Bob. I just don't.

I think a person/people had tried really hard to get his money, before he re-united with Fontelle. Once he married her, that was his death warrant. He might have spent his money on her - even worse, written her into his will. When last minute attempts to get Bob declared incompetant, or get the marriage annulled failed, Bob had to go. I think.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Z, I tend to agree with you on this one. (But then, I've been wrong before.) Just want to see justice for Bob and for Fontelle. Both have been treated SO badly.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    I often think about - if Bob had not (unknown to everyone) arranged for his housekeeper to call that Monday, when would he have been reported missing?

I think Wednesday, the day Mrs Harrod returned. If it hadn't been for the housekeeper turning up, and knowing son in law knew Bob had disappearedl, I don't think Bob's disappearance would have been reported for days.

So Mrs Harrod would have turned up, and she would have had to report that Bob was missing, and though she was in the house now, she could not explain how or when Bob vanished. That would have looked so suspicious.

Also, why did Mrs Harrod have to get a taxi from the airport? We know Bob's daughters Julie Michaels and son in law had vehicles, and daughter Roberta Brady. And that they were at the house Wed. But they couldn't pick Mrs Harrod up from the airport?

ETA Correction: Daughter Julie Michaels and Paula Borcher (Bob passed her a new car) we know had vehicles. Roberta Brady had one too, I'm sure. But there's no record of that.
    I agree with you that Bob would not have been reported as missing until Mrs. Harrod arrived on Wednesday, however without the daughters letting her in, she would not have been able to enter the home. Remember SIL locked it up and AH had to get a key from a neighbor for the well being check. Which still leaves me to wonder how JuM got into the home on Tuesday.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Is it possible Mr Harrod got confused and wandered off? Are there places close by where he could have fallen and would not be found? It does seem likely that someone did not want a new wife getting money, but I hate to think that.

colette,
    We ALL hate to think that, but circumstances push us in that direction. It seems Bob was unable to walk very far, usually just on his block. There would be no place there he could have fallen without being noticed rather quickly.

It's awful to have to consider $$$ being so very important to anyone as to commit murder, but unfortunately it does happen and this family has made clear that money is VERY important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Is it possible Mr Harrod got confused and wandered off? Are there places close by where he could have fallen and would not be found? It does seem likely that someone did not want a new wife getting money, but I hate to think that.
    Bob never walked more than to the top of his street and back, as he had bad knees. he was legally blind, but his glasses were at home, along with his car. A daughter (or two) hinted he had dementia but Bob's doctor strongly refuted that, saying he was 'the healthiest 81-year-old' he knew.

Placentia, where he lived, is a very urban area. Had he fallen and died, he would have been found by now. Also, his youngest daughter, Julie Michaels, wife of the last person to see Bob alive, posted that foul play was suspected, after he was missing just over a day.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

PPD is also investigating it as a homicide, Colette.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I realize I am the minority who ponders whether the confrontation which led to Bob's death was impulsive. I think that there was a plan to dissuade Bob from his "honey-do" list for sure. I also think the aftermath was a distinct effort to clean up and move on to acquiring the money that everyone wanted to begin with.

I wonder if his marriage was the action that precipitated his death? I wonder if it wouldn't have come anyway at some point when it was determined that they were not direct beneficiaries of their mother's trust? That Bob was and that they were entitled to the jewelry bequests and the money that he paid them to get them to stay away from him? Things that make you go hmmm.

Anybody else a fan of Chino Hills being a place to search? We have quite a few SAR groups associated with this site. We could reach out to a group here in California and see what their thoughts are.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

believe09,
    While I am not map-savvy nor SAR informed beyond what has been posted here, I'm in favor or any and all actions in the direction of locating Bob.

I also concur that there was no way on earth his family was going to accept anything short of getting their hands on his money as quickly as possible. They certainly were not going to stand for a new person coming in and receiving any part of it, much less most of it.

If we can receive any SAR help, I say go for it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I realize I am the minority who ponders whether the confrontation which led to Bob's death was impulsive. I think that there was a plan to dissuade Bob from his "honey-do" list for sure. I also think the aftermath was a distinct effort to clean up and move on to acquiring the money that everyone wanted to begin with.

I wonder if his marriage was the action that precipitated his death? I wonder if it wouldn't have come anyway at some point when it was determined that they were not direct beneficiaries of their mother's trust? That Bob was and that they were entitled to the jewelry bequests and the money that he paid them to get them to stay away from him? Things that make you go hmmm.

Anybody else a fan of Chino Hills being a place to search? We have quite a few SAR groups associated with this site. We could reach out to a group here in California and see what their thoughts are.
    BBM. I don't think there was a single event which precipitated Bob's death. IMO, it began with the daughters learning about the gifts Bob was providing the hair dresser. The marriage just sealed the deal, imo, because it was then definate Bob's wife would share in his wealth.

I also think it may have been more than one person who removed Bob from the home. GS was blowing through money with no explanation according to his deposition. That raises red flags for me.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I think the only hope for searches is if Mrs Harrod and/or police make a plea for help. Daughters won't do it and I don't think SAR groups will go out for unrelated strangers who ask, myself.

If Mrs Harrod were to make a public appeal for SAR groups to help find her husband, I think she would get an immediate response - and lots of people would be willing to share that plea, far and wide.

Mrs Harrod probably wouldn't have to make a public appeal. She can and may have already had some success getting a SAR group interested. The good news, I hope, is that if there is an area to target, it should be possible to grid it and determine which spots are most likely based upon experience and topography. Public access areas require no specific permission and most owners of private areas are only too glad to help.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Any google earth enthusiasts? Oriah is wonderful at tutoring SAR grids and likely areas where evidence may be found.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Remember, many loved ones and families of the missing prefer to deal with LE, SAR, attorneys, etc privately (there are as many individual reasons for this as there are families and friends of the missing. ) Even though FH may have taken a public approach in the past in regards to certain aspects of the case, does not mean she (or anyone else for that matter) has not chosen a different approach regarding SAR.

Just a little something to consider from a SAR approach: what do ya'll suppose SAR does when confronted with requests from two opposing 'sides' of a case, and both are family? And LE isn't picking sides publically yet?
    Not saying this is the situation in Mr. Harrod's case. But it's something to think about, because it DOES happen. Often, actually.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast