734 users online (84 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

MN - Todd Hoffstrom, 56, St Anthony, 28 Sept 2014

A St Anthony, Minnesota man whose son was shot dead by police, has been missing since Sunday, his wife has said.

After his son Ted (who police say killed Dr Stephen Larson) was shot, 56-year-old Todd Hoffstrom has been very depressed, his wife Leeanne says. He last spoke to his other son when he promised to seek help. There's been no cell or credit card activity since he disappeared.

Todd is 5'11", weighs about 175lbs, has green eyes and was wearing faded jeans and a black shirt. He's driving a 2005 Black GMC, plate 950 CJA.

Police ask anyone who sees him to call 911 or St Anthony Police at: 612 782 3350

Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

Someone posted this to https://www.facebook.com/KARE11?ref=stream on 30 September. According to the page, MN has been cold and over an inch of snow fell overnight.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

That family has been going through a lot obviously. I don't think this will have a positive outcome sadly. I just hope they'll locate him soon.

Todd Hoffstrom, 56, was last seen early Monday morning in his home. Recent employment issues and the death of his son made Hoffstrom severely depressed, according to a news release from the St. Anthony Police Department. He has also been abusing alcohol, police said.

Hoffstrom made suicidal comments to his wife and therapist and hasn’t turned on his cellphone since Monday...

He’s believed to be driving his black 2005 GMC Envoy bearing the Minnesota license 950JCA.

Leeann and her husband have been going to therapy to deal with what happened, but she said her husband had been getting worse as their son's birthday was approaching this month. And even told people in a support group he would like to drive into a river and drown.

Oh no, I'm thinking this could end really badly, unless somehow some hope finds its way into that sad heart and turns him around. I only pray it's not too late

Oh boy, I'm 99% sure Mr. Hoffstrom has ended his life...What a terribly sad situation for his wife. I'd assume he most likely chose the river...

St. Anthony, MN is just outside of Minneapolis. While it is chilly... there has been no snow this far south. It is 57 degrees out right now.

Quite difficult situation that the family has been dealing with. It was sad news when it happened for everyone involved.

San Diego
    Awww, may he RIP