734 users online (78 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Almaz Gebremedhin, 42, Wylie, 2 Oct. 2014

Wylie Police are searching for a 42-year-old woman who has not been seen since leaving for work early Thursday morning.

A man called dispatch Thursday afternoon saying his wife, Almaz Gebremedhin, left at 5 a.m. from her home in the 1500 block of Windward and had not been seen since.

Officers arrived at the location and could not locate Gebremedhin.

Gebremedhin is a black female, standing approximately 5-foot tall and 134 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing scrubs.

Authorities believe she may be driving a silver 2004 Chevrolet Ventura bearing Texas license plate CVZ8041.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/03/4...sing-in-wylie/
    Last edited by Salem; 11-11-2014 at 01:09 PM.

I searched around, and it sounds like she was the winner of a contest on ABC (Good Morning America) back in 2010 called the "Emeril's Breakfast in Bed" contest that celebrates great mothers. It says she has dedicated her life to her 5 kids, and at one point worked 3 jobs to support them.

It also says she is a housekeeper at a hospital maternity ward.

Here's a YouTube video of Emeril surprising her at work to tell her she won: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPsFcZ4xNc

It likely doesn't have anything to do with her disappearance, but it does make me wonder if something happened to her seeing as how it appears unlikely she would leave her 5 kids.

Any time there's a person missing with their car, my first thought is that they had an accident and the car's not visible from the road.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Any time there's a person missing with their car, my first thought is that they had an accident and the car's not visible from the road.
    Usually, I'm thinking the same thing. My in-laws live in Wylie. I would be curious to know which hospital she works at and what route she takes to work. In my visits there, I have not seen many places where you could go off the road and not be visible.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

I thought that street name sounded familiar. She lives exactly one block south of my in-laws. How very scary.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

I wish there was more information. Have they spoken with all of her friends and family that she may have seen or talked to that day? Was anything going poorly, like job, marriage, a friendship, parent in poor health?

Here is a picture of a silver 2004 Ventura
    http://www.governmentauctions.org/up...ure-754861.JPG

I'd like to know when was the last time someone other than her husband saw her alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I'd like to know when was the last time someone other than her husband saw her alive and well.
    Unfortunately, I was thinking the same thing. There are quite a few places around there where a deceased person could be camouflaged. There is some kind of wildlife preserve (not the best description because it's not that big, but I couldn't think of a better word), and Lake Lavon is not far. Not to mention some big properties with fields to the north and east.

Incidentally, the ranch from the original series Dallas is out there as well...

Looking at the map, I see a bunch of bodies of water. Are any of those deep enough to hide a car? Have they said what hospital she works at that she would have been driving to?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I searched around, and it sounds like she was the winner of a contest on ABC (Good Morning America) back in 2010 called the "Emeril's Breakfast in Bed" contest that celebrates great mothers. It says she has dedicated her life to her 5 kids, and at one point worked 3 jobs to support them.

It also says she is a housekeeper at a hospital maternity ward.

Here's a YouTube video of Emeril surprising her at work to tell her she won: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPsFcZ4xNc

It likely doesn't have anything to do with her disappearance, but it does make me wonder if something happened to her seeing as how it appears unlikely she would leave her 5 kids.
    Something I noticed on that video that probably has nothing to do with anything, but that caught my attention.

She lived in Pennsylvania when this was taped in 2010, and is now missing from TX. The video mentions that her husband left her and she worked 3 jobs to provide for her kids, and the last name of her children in the interview is "Tadesse". Well hmm, there's a man missing in Pennsylvania since September 25 named "Samuel Tadesse", age 54.

http://cumberlink.com/news/local/cap...dc9c45a09.html

Wonder if he's the ex? And if there's any connection to this case? Just noting this.

Good find! I don't know if he is the ex either, but here is his WS page.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-14&p=11045884

Wow, Good work ! Tadesse is a very uncommon name. At least, I've never heard it. So the ' husband' who reported her missing is an x ?
    Poor thing. I pray she's ok. She looks like a sweet one.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    Good find! I don't know if he is the ex either, but here is his WS page.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-14&p=11045884
    Whoa, he was near me.
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

I'm not certain the missing Almaz is the same woman as the Almaz who won the contest with Emeril. The contest winner had 5 children who attended college, according to the video about the contest. The missing Almaz is listed as being 42 years old--it seems unlikely that she would have five college-age children.

I don't think that Tadesse is an unusual last name for Ethiopians.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast