PA PA - Gary Drais, 48, Aston, 14 September 2005

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
da955eee-e756-462d-bcf5-a92d94b1c8ee_zps13870eb0.jpg

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-n...mily-of-slain-aston-man-still-seeking-answers

Nine years have passed since Annamaria Cimabue Drais discovered her husband’s body in their Aston home. Authorities believe Gary Drais was murdered Sept. 14, 2005, after he had dinner with his brother, Dale, and their now-deceased mother, Mae...

According to authorities, Drais, 48, had been beaten and thrown through a sliding glass door before he died of a single gunshot wound to the head...

“What bothers me the most is that the neighbors notice a dog going to the bathroom on their neighbors’ lawns, or they notice a stray cat or a leaf blown onto their driveway and gossip, talk, sound off about it for days,” she wrote. “But no one notices this crime scene for days? A busted glass sliding door, windows open, and extremely loud TV and stereo?

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20090917/cop-shop-three-murders-remain-unsolved-in-aston

Police believe Gary Drais was murdered Sept. 14, 2005, after he had dinner with his brother, Dale, and their now late mother, Mae. Annamaria, who had been separated from Gary, found him Sept. 27 when she and their two daughters decided to check on Gary at his Glenn Road home because they had not heard from him.

There is not eno7ugh information on this case to even speculate to what occurred.

So Gary was lying there for 2 weeks, and no one knew anything? Not even his employer? The mailman? Did he work for himself, thus no employer would notice him missing? What kind of business was he in?

If I had to guess, I would say the deed was done by someone familiar. And I read through the link that he had $16k is one of his suits? Who keeps $16k hanging around? Yet, the perpetrator didn't want or find the $$$$? Maybe this guy knew too much about something or someone, or just pissed someone off, who was dangerous.

If this was some burglar who he did not know, wouldn't they just get out of dodge if he showed up? The key question here is why did they have to kill him. Did he recognize the burglars? Was it not a burglary at all? Could someone have been indebted to him on the street? Sure, they did not take the money there, but maybe there was other debt owed, or maybe he owed someone.

Was he an internet user in 2005. Did he sell things online. Anyone know about his internet usage. If he had one.

"Not only was he thrown through a sliding-glass door, he was shot once in the head"

“There was blood everywhere,” she recalled. “There wasn’t any sign of a struggle, no table was tipped over. I think one drawer in the kitchen was pulled out.”

These statements are inconsistent. They are both from the linked article.

Which is it? No struggle, but thrown through a door??

My condolences to his widow and children.

I too am confused about the descriptions in the articles. It sounds like there must have been some sort of an altercation in which he was thrown OUT through a sliding door. Then he came back into the house and went to his closet and got his gun? And it was his gun that was used to kill him, according to his wife.

He and his wife had been separated for a year, so who knows - he could have had a new girlfriend who was a married woman and her husband came to call... Somebody was pretty upset about something to have beaten him and then thrown him through a glass door!

The wife is lucky that SHE was the one who found the hidden $16K. Lord knows if the police found it they may have confiscated it and who knows how long it would take to get it back?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back