VA VA - Trevor Baldwin, 20, Chesapeake, 30 Sept 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
bacd49bf-0225-4c7d-9b20-1b8ae90b4b3a_zps130d0128.jpg

http://www.suffolknewsherald.com/2014/10/03/taken-way-too-soon/

The Suffolk man found shot dead in a car in Chesapeake Tuesday night was an Outer Banks native who played football and lacrosse in high school and “had a wonderful personality,” family friend Connie Roman said.

Trevor Daniel Baldwin, 20, of Pinewood Circle, was killed by one shot that went through his arm and into his chest, his mother, Melinda Baldwin, said police have told her. His car was found up against a tree on Dunedin Drive in Chesapeake about 9:18 p.m., according to a police spokeswoman.

No arrest has been made.

http://wavy.com/2014/09/30/chesapeake-shooting-crash-victim-identified/

Chesapeake Officer Leo Kosinski said police responded to the intersection of Dunedin Drive and Tasman Court for a vehicle crash around 9:15 p.m. Upon arrival, officers found a vehicle that had struck a tree with the male driver inside, deceased...

Kosinski said detectives are investigating the death as a homicide. They said Baldwin was shot at least once. However, a preliminary investigation indicates the gunman fired multiple shots.

Trevor's FB: https://www.facebook.com/trevor.d.baldwin

From CHERIE.T's link above:

<snipped>
&#8220;It`s the heaviness of knowing that I don`t ever get to see that little guy again,&#8221; Prince says. &#8220;I don`t ever get to see that man standing on the fence waving to me and saying hi coach. This was no random thing. Nobody just walks up to a car and starts plugging away at a 20-year-old.&#8221;
http://wtkr.com/2014/09/30/chesapea...shot-to-death-inside-vehicle-slams-into-tree/

BBM The first sentence I bolded is just what LE said in the Brendan Tevlin murder. The second sentence is exactly what happened to Brendan. In that case, it was random. I'm guessing this case will be similar. Hope LE can track the killer(s).

Sad that anyone can arbitrarily take the life of a promising young man -- or woman, for that matter.

Indy it is just terrible..... still hard to believe such evil exist.

This is local for me. Dunedin isn't the best of neighborhoods. Western Branch is normally considered a pretty safe place to live...except Dunedin. None of the articles say why he was in that neighborhood. Was he visiting a friend? Did he get shot before entering that neighborhood? There's way too many questions to jump to conclusions. My initial thought and it's ONLY MY OPINION was that drugs were involved. Mainly because of the neighborhood. If he was shot in that neighborhood then someone heard those shots and probably knows where they came from but isn't talking maybe out of fear from retaliation. Some of the comments on the article linked were interesting.
Once again, I do not know this young man. I'm only basing my opinion or thoughts on what I have read and what I know of the neighborhood.

This is local for me. Dunedin isn't the best of neighborhoods. Western Branch is normally considered a pretty safe place to live...except Dunedin. None of the articles say why he was in that neighborhood. Was he visiting a friend? Did he get shot before entering that neighborhood? There's way too many questions to jump to conclusions. My initial thought and it's ONLY MY OPINION was that drugs were involved. Mainly because of the neighborhood. If he was shot in that neighborhood then someone heard those shots and probably knows where they came from but isn't talking maybe out of fear from retaliation. Some of the comments on the article linked were interesting.
Once again, I do not know this young man. I'm only basing my opinion or thoughts on what I have read and what I know of the neighborhood.
TY for your local input Lizzybeth! One reason I highly doubt Baldwin was targeted because of an involvement in drugs is that he was fairly new to the community (within the past year). IDK, I'd think a drug user who already had a drug source would be unlikely to relocate to begin with, and that it would take a while in a new community to establish a new source because he couldn't just start asking around for someone who distributes a certain drug.

But, I do think it's more probable that someone who was looking for drug money or was high on drugs attempted to rob or carjack him. Or, it could have been a case of mistaken identity by a dealer or gang member. So, his murder may be indirectly related to drugs. JMO

I respect your opinion but have to disagree. The Outer Banks isn't THAT far from this area. Maybe three hours at the most and the way it is around here, people are traveling back and forth every weekend. Just because he lived in NC doesn't mean he didn't have a lot of friends here and his dad had a business in Chesapeake. That being said, it doesn't mean the bullet wasn't meant for someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else about this in the local MSM. Some things tend to happen like that. I went back to the original WAVY article and the comments are gone. That's REALLY unusual.

It's an hour and a half drive from Kill Devil Hills, NC to Chesapeake, VA. Suffolk is a little bit longer. There are not a lot of jobs on the Outer Banks during the winter because it is primarily a beach resort area. Everything pretty much shuts down. All the jobs are in the Chesapeake, Virginia Beach and Norfolk area.

You're right LampChop. I must have been thinking Rodanthe. It's a little farther than Kill Devil Hills. Or maybe I just drive slow. :)

Family and I vacay in the Outer Banks several times a year all year long. As more and more folks live there 12 months a year, many businesses operate the same. Most construction type jobs are going on from early spring through late fall when the temps are warm. We have a friend who installs pools and does that during those months.

I will say that I know for a fact there is a lot of drug activity down there.... usually in certain areas.

This young man who was killed, I pray his murderer (s) is found.

http://www.suffolknewsherald.com/2014/11/13/for-informants-money-might-talk/

Though the family has been cooperative with Chesapeake police and has provided several names that have been floating around, Baldwin said, no arrest has been made...

So, the family has taken matters into its own hands and has put together a fundraiser to contribute toward a reward fund. The Nov. 22 event will be held at Skeleton Key Bar and Grille, 4300 Portsmouth Blvd., Chesapeake, at 4 p.m. and will include raffles, a cornhole tournament and food and drink specials.

http://wavy.com/2014/12/08/victims-family-raising-reward-money-to-find-killer/

Bowne hasn’t been able to smile since September 30. She was supposed to meet her fiancée, Baldwin, that night. “He called me at 9:06,” Bowne said. “I was going to meet him at his house. When he never showed up, I went searching for him.”

At 9:18 p.m., Chesapeake police got a call about an accident on Dunedin Drive. When officers arrived, they found a car crashed into tree and a man in the driver’s seat who’d been shot to death.

http://wtkr.com/2014/12/05/suffolk-parents-taking-action-on-their-own-to-find-sons-killer/

“He was just a beautiful boy taken,” said Daniel Baldwin. “He could light up a room with his smile, he was funny, he was beautiful and he’s gone.”

“He was shot one time,” said Melinda Baldwin. “The gun was actually touching his arm. It went through his arm and right through his chest to his heart.”

His parents say they have an idea on who the shooter is. “We all seem to have a common name. Police have it, we have it, friends of Trevor’s have it. It’s just nothing anyone can do it about it,” Daniel Baldwin said.

I don't know how I missed this one and this is local for me. I tried a Google search, but most of what is covered here is about what I found online. It appears from earlier reports the family gave LE the name of a suspect early on, but that hasn't resulted in anything.

The section on Trevor's case in this 'Still a Mystery' episode from recently on the Investigation Discovery channel starts runs for the first 23 minutes:

The section on Trevor's case in this 'Still a Mystery' episode from recently on the Investigation Discovery channel starts runs for the first 23 minutes:

This is my city! I can't believe it isn't receiving ANY press, let alone having arrests!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back