Australia Australia - Adelaide, SA, Human bones @ golf park, Oct'14

Ausgirl

Reaction score
More bones found at Adelaide golf club

NINE more bones have been found at an Adelaide golf club after the discovery of two bones believed to be human.

OFFICERS from the Sturt branch, special tasks and rescue group, and major crime investigation branch found the further nine bones on Saturday during a ground search at the Adelaide Shores Golf Park.

It comes after a first bone was discovered last weekend, and a second was discovered on Friday.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...elaide-golf-club/story-e6frfku9-1227079834834

There's a couple of cases I'm hoping might be resolved here. Primarily, Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon. Will be watching for updates on this!

Police have confirmed that two bones found at an Adelaide golf club are human but nine others are animal remains.

The first bone was discovered at the club in West Beach in late-September and another was discovered in early October, both of which were revealed in forensic tests to be human.

Nine more bones were subsequently found at the club but they have been identified as animal remains.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...bone-hunt-at-sa-golf-club#kVX1Mkt5RqU5kQfX.99

This is one to watch ... it may just solve a missing persons case. Adelaide Shores golf club was founded in 1957, as well as the openness of the golf courses, it is surrounded by lots of open space and shrubs. Airport land on one side, a little scrubland on the other with the beach beyond that (a marina has now been inserted in that scrubland). A big expanse of fields to the north where softball is played. Baseball grounds to the south, and a skate park now too. Certainly a place where someone may not be noticed, particularly at night. We lived in that suburb for years ... have hit buckets of balls at the golf club.

It is very close to Glenelg, where the Beaumont children went missing in 1966. Not really close to where Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon disappeared from Adelaide Oval, but West Beach is easy to get to from the city (and nowhere in Adelaide is very far away really, or hard to get to).

I also remember a man who went missing across the road from the golf club, at the West Beach caravan park, back in 1996. He was never found either.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/KeithNixon.htm

I could not see if these remains have been identified but perhaps this current undertaking offers some hope, if they have not already been ID.

25 November 2021 - A police operation to formally identify 21 individuals whose remains or partial skeletons have been found across South Australia over the past 73 years is on the verge of breakthroughs in several of the cases. Published on The Advertiser's FB page.

Several SA newspapers published an article on the topic but all the copies I can find are behind a paywall.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back