JLM's clothes

Emaa

Reaction score
She disappeared with JLM shortly before 2 AM Saturday morning. He knew there were a lot of witnesses who saw them together between 1 and 2. IMO he had no idea how long it would take for someone to report her missing and so he abducted, raped and murdered her and disposed of her body before sunrise (6:55 on 9/14). Then he probably would have disposed of his clothing or other items and tended to any wounds she may have caused fighting back. So roughly up to a 4 hour radius around Charlottesville. That wouldn't necessarily be a long distance if he took her to a wooded area. I'd like to know if his roommates were home the night she disappeared. If questioned, he could simply have said he was partying or even that he was on-call for work.

Was it reported that police couldn't find the clothes he was wearing the night Hannah disappeared? I can't remember if that was someone's theory or if police actually confirmed that. I ask because I do remember a friend making a comment that "he was always wear those dumb shorts". A bit exaggerated I'm sure, but I wonder if anyone saw him wearing those after that Saturday.

According to eyewitnesses, he is wearing a checkered shirt over a burgundy tank top with baggy white cargo shorts and socks with Crocs.

Crocs can be bleached, tossed in the washer, etc. Maybe it was planned, he was cruising for a victim. If so, he could have already prepared where he was going to dump her :(

At issue were the orange crocs given to him in the Galveston jail, I thought. He wore white sneakers that made him unmistakable in the Tuels video and he had white sneakers at service station and a big overflowing parrot green shirt. How do you keep white sneakers clean? Throw-aways? I'll check on the shirt, it was probably flamingo pink. I had the shorts wrong.

At issue were the orange crocs given to him in the Galveston jail, I thought. He wore white sneakers that made him unmistakable in the Tuels video and he had white sneakers at service station and a big overflowing parrot green shirt. How do you keep white sneakers clean? Throw-aways? I'll check on the shirt, it was probably flamingo pink. I had the shorts wrong.

Sorry, forgot the link in my post above. Witnesses told Coy that he was wearing crocs.

IIRC, the store video in Texas showed him wearing a green shirt and what looked like leggings, pants that seemed way too tight/small.

You're right! Common in hospitals. So no orange crocs issue in Texas jail, either? The shirt is parrot green.

He walks so differently in the Texas video then on the mall.

You're right! Common in hospitals. So no orange crocs issue in Texas jail, either? The shirt is parrot green.

He walk so differently in the Texas video then on the mall.

I thought it weird too, because I couldn't make out ankle cuffs. But in another photo, I saw what looked like the cuffs.

http://images.travelerstoday.com/da...breakthrough-for-a-2009-murder-case.png?w=600

He had on those orange plastic inmate shoes.

http://images.travelerstoday.com/da...breakthrough-for-a-2009-murder-case.png?w=600

Somehow going deep into the woods in crocs... but if he has a have a good fit, it works.

Somehow going deep into the woods in crocs... but if he has a have a good fit, it works.

Those crocs could be his every day or prowling shoes and might have different shoes he'd use to go into the woods. If the crocs were the shoes he wore all the time and they remained white then his friends would probably assume he never went into the woods or wouldn't have that night

In the Texas store video he is wearing white socks - no shoes. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=515416985269995

In the Texas store video he is wearing white socks - no shoes. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=515416985269995

If you look carefully as he turns to enter the store, you can see he's pulled the ankle strap to the top of the shoe. And on his right foot on the interior shot, you can see he his foot slid into the croc.

Edit

I brought it up because IMO he ditched his clothes and I was wondering if anyone had seen him with those "dumb shorts he always wears" (something a friend had told a reporter) since Hannah disappeared. But the Crocs can be bleached, machine washed, etc.

If you look carefully as he turns to enter the store, you can see he's pulled the ankle strap to the top of the shoe. And on his right foot on the interior shot, you can see he his foot slid into the croc.

Edit

I brought it up because IMO he ditched his clothes and I was wondering if anyone had seen him with those "dumb shorts he always wears" (something a friend had told a reporter) since Hannah disappeared. But the Crocs can be bleached, machine washed, etc.

He's leaning heavy on one side the first time as he walks up and enters, then lighter the next, scopes, makes eye contact (?), as the clerk reports... banters goes off with his water jug filled and "Off." Where did he ditch Mom? Father feared death by cop for him.

Right hand goes to his waist as he and speaks right away.

My perception of the video and still shots is that he is wearing no shoes at all.

Edit

My perception of the video and still shots is that he is wearing no shoes at all.

He had tini feet for a big guy, in the videos, hard to tell. Est weight height at time of capture?

This thread is for discussion about JLM's clothes either before, during, or after the abduction.

Please continue here...

She disappeared with JLM shortly before 2 AM Saturday morning. He knew there were a lot of witnesses who saw them together between 1 and 2. IMO he had no idea how long it would take for someone to report her missing and so he abducted, raped and murdered her and disposed of her body before sunrise (6:55 on 9/14). Then he probably would have disposed of his clothing or other items and tended to any wounds she may have caused fighting back. So roughly up to a 4 hour radius around Charlottesville. That wouldn't necessarily be a long distance if he took her to a wooded area. I'd like to know if his roommates were home the night she disappeared. If questioned, he could simply have said he was partying or even that he was on-call for work.

Sorry to quote myself, but this post wasn't about his clothing at all but rather the search for Hannah; IOW the time frame he most likely had to work with to give himself the least chance of being detected disposing of her body.

Sorry to quote myself, but this post wasn't about his clothing at all but rather the search for Hannah; IOW the time frame he most likely had to work with to give himself the least chance of being detected disposing of her body.

I brought it over because it mentions disposing his clothes. I can copy the post over to the other thread.

This is more about appearance than strictly clothes . . . and it's about the visceral impact of his appearance, rather that anything factual. But I have to admit I have a strong instinctual reaction to him as a non-Rastafarian man (and apparently a person not from a Caribbean culture) who choses to wear dreds. I think it's quite unusual for an African-American man who self-identifies strongly as a mainstream (Baptist? Evangelical?) Christian to choose to grow dreds. When I was in college in New York, ages ago, there was a dude who hung around the fringes of our college crowd, and he was not either a Rasta or of Caribbean descent, and he had a thing about trying to pick up college girls, and we always joked about how he cultivated the dreds because it made him appear likable and friendly and non-threatening to a certain kind of college girl who liked to think she was cool and who probably had some Bob Marley CDs and took a toke of weed from time to time. Like, the dreds were cultivated kind of obviously to ingratiate himself to college co-eds. (And that guy, who I knew --- nothing to do, factually, with JLM --- happened to be a real, real creep. Predatory, tho not "predator."") Anyway, so when I started following the Heather Graham disappearance, I just had a visceral response to the video images of JLM.

PS: I'm not referring to the wearing of dreds by white kids, who are into, you know, alternative culture. And I'm not at all referring to anyone, black or white, who wears dreds because they're into Rastifarian culture or religion. And, to qualify this post even further -- because I'm afraid of potentially being offensive --- my own children are black (we're a multiracial family). So I'm not just talking about the whole "gee, black men on the street alone make me nervous" response that many Caucasians unfortunately have been conditioned to feel. Again, hope my post doesn't offend. But I just think that making his image more "friendly" and "laid back" would be a motivation for LJM to grow dreds. We know he's a grown man who likes to try to pick up drunk teenage college girls (as friends have been quoted LJM like to do).

[SNIP] (And that guy, who I knew --- nothing to do, factually, with JLM --- happened to be a real, real creep. Predatory, tho not "predator."") Anyway, so when I started following the Heather Graham disappearance, I just had a visceral response to the video images of JLM.

PS: I'm not referring to the wearing of dreds by white kids, who are into, you know, alternative culture. And I'm not at all referring to anyone, black or white, who wears dreds because they're into Rastifarian culture or religion. And, to qualify this post even further -- because I'm afraid of potentially being offensive --- my own children are black (we're a multiracial family). So I'm not just talking about the whole "gee, black men on the street alone make me nervous" response that many Caucasians unfortunately have been conditioned to feel. Again, hope my post doesn't offend. But I just think that making his image more "friendly" and "laid back" would be a motivation for LJM to grow dreds. We know he's a grown man who likes to try to pick up drunk teenage college girls (as friends have been quoted LJM like to do).

Jesse Leroy Matthew is more than just a grown man (who dressed like Bob Marley and a radical philosophy major) who likes to try to pick up drunk teenage college girls. He's a conscienceless, sociopathological, cold blooded brutal rapist killer! Let's not forget that for one milli-second. Let's not be fooled by the wide-eyed mug shot, by his cool clothes, dreadlocks, by the pretense of Christianity, pretense of mental slowness, or whatever else he pretends to escape responsibility for his acts.

Let's not give him one little bit of mercy he denied Morgan Harrington, the Fairfax woman on the way home from the store or Hannah Graham and possibly Cassandra Morton and who knows how many other women. Being black, poor, dumb - none of these excuse his actions. Especially damning is faking Christianity and mis-using the name of Christ to gain football glory and gain access to vulnerable women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back