1143 users online (256 members and 887 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

JLM's car

I wonder how long he has has that car.

I wonder how it got in the shape that it is in

The car is of interest to me because LE was able to get a search warrent for it, and even seize it within a week of Hannah's disappearance. Even as they searched and seized the car, they could not touch JM. So there had to be some reason that the car was considered critical evidence enough to get a warrent, but JM was not.

My guess is that the car was IDed as leaving the mall area near where the dogs' scents of Hannah ending but neither JM nor Hannah could be placed as being in that car. The car was IDed both near that area and at the pertinant times.

My other guess is that DNA from the car is what LE has matching the MH case in some way. I don't think the swab results from JM are processed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jamicat View Post
    My other guess is that DNA from the car is what LE has matching the MH case in some way. I don't think the swab results from JM are processed yet.
    Would they have been able to recover HG's DNA from the car? Touch DNA? From hair possibly? That would at least prove she was in the car. I didn't think MH DNA would have been found in the car since it was hypothesized JM was driving the taxi back then? I thought perhaps he left blood somewhere near MH or on her shirt given the state she was in (broken bones). JMO

I posted this on another thread couple of days ago

His car is a mess but with it being so old, I wonder if he was diligent about keeping oil changed, etc. When I get an oil change, they place a clear plastic sticker on the inside of the windshield in the upper left corner. It states the odometer reading at the time of the change and the mileage when next change is due. Also, inspection papers list the car's mileage at the time of inspection.

IF (and I admit it's a big *if*) either of those were done soon before Hannah went missing, and police can track his movements between the inspection or oil change and when they took his car, that could give them a general idea of how far he may have driven to dispose of her body.

Thinking the beer bottles from Tempo were in the car, or maybe one of HG's belongings--I don't believe the watch was included on the search list.
    “Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Emaa View Post
    I posted this on another thread couple of days ago

His car is a mess but with it being so old, I wonder if he was diligent about keeping oil changed, etc. When I get an oil change, they place a clear plastic sticker on the inside of the windshield in the upper left corner. It states the odometer reading at the time of the change and the mileage when next change is due. Also, inspection papers list the car's mileage at the time of inspection.

IF (and I admit it's a big *if*) either of those were done soon before Hannah went missing, and police can track his movements between the inspection or oil change and when they took his car, that could give them a general idea of how far he may have driven to dispose of her body.
    This is completely o/t, so my apologies, but Emaa when reading your post I thought there was a bug on my iPad screen and even tried to squish it. You totally got me!

Good point about the mileage.

I'm curious about the front end damage to his car. Do you suppose LE had a tracking device on his car and JM ripped that off to get rid of it? That would explain why they moved in with the search warrant for the car in the middle of the night. Hmmm. . .
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    I'm curious about the front end damage to his car. Do you suppose LE had a tracking device on his car and JM ripped that off to get rid of it? That would explain why they moved in with the search warrant for the car in the middle of the night. Hmmm. . .
    It looks to me like that car has had some front end damage from an accident. Note the cracks under the drivers side headlight and front spoiler. Nothing seems to line up quite right either and thats telling me a collision of some sort.

IMO JLM wouldnt have gone far after leaving Tempo with Hannah due to the condition of his car. All it would take is one bored police officer passing him on the road and instant excuse to stop him. The inspection sticker is also now 5 months out of date.

At the very least, I wouldnt imagine him driving on the interstate in that as Va state troopers are allowed to stop cars and write citations if they fail their inspections.

Im also seeing nothing on the tires to indicate that JLM went down any dirt roads. Red clay or as Virginians call it, mud, would have been everywhere if that had been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by brainysthenewsexy View Post
    Would they have been able to recover HG's DNA from the car? Touch DNA? From hair possibly? That would at least prove she was in the car. I didn't think MH DNA would have been found in the car since it was hypothesized JM was driving the taxi back then? I thought perhaps he left blood somewhere near MH or on her shirt given the state she was in (broken bones). JMO
    BBM/ No. I don't think for an instant that MH's DNA was found in the car. I think that it is possible that some DNA found from items in the car or the car itself matched unidentified DNA in the case files of MH. At that time, no DNA was taken from JM. By now it has. If JM's DNA taken officially when he was brought into custody matches the the unidentified DNA found under MH's nails, or on whatever else was left of her, then I believe the DA's office will press charges against JM for MH. That they have not yet done so indicates to me that those DNA results have not yet been released. It takes a while to get that definitive hit because it has to be very carefully done to meet court evidence requirements.

Whatever forensic evidence that was gotten from the car search would have been more cursory and was done to more to gain evidence that Hannah was associated with that car, to help find Hannah, than for use in a court case. So it may well not be sufficient for heavy duty charges. I am not convinced the "Assault WIth Intent to Defile " charges against JM are driven by DNA results. It could be enough that something like the beer bottles as some suggested was found in the car, or a good preliminary match showing that HG was likely in the car. LE is not telling us what they found in that car or why the car was seizable evidence, yet JM was not at the time of seizure.

So my guess is that some preliminary DNA tests run on the items from the car or the car itself or apartement, or clothes, matched the unidentified DNA on MH for LE to make that link. How strong those test results are to stand as evidence and whether they are JM's definitely has yet to be announced.

KenoshaKid is offline All the darkness in the world cannot put out a single candle
    Central Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by brainysthenewsexy View Post
    It could have been something as simple as her fingerprint on the door handle.

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    It looks to me like that car has had some front end damage from an accident. Note the cracks under the drivers side headlight and front spoiler. Nothing seems to line up quite right either and thats telling me a collision of some sort.

IMO JLM wouldnt have gone far after leaving Tempo with Hannah due to the condition of his car. All it would take is one bored police officer passing him on the road and instant excuse to stop him. The inspection sticker is also now 5 months out of date.

At the very least, I wouldnt imagine him driving on the interstate in that as Va state troopers are allowed to stop cars and write citations if they fail their inspections.

Im also seeing nothing on the tires to indicate that JLM went down any dirt roads. Red clay or as Virginians call it, mud, would have been everywhere if that had been the case.
    Excellent observations. And aren't LE out at bar closing time looking for DUI?

Quote Originally Posted by KenoshaKid View Post
    It could have been something as simple as her fingerprint on the door handle.
    Or a strand of hair...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    The poster whose child that was on the Football team he coached said the car has been that way a long time

If she was in his car, they have plenty more DNA stuff from her

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast