724 users online (116 members and 608 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MN - Brandie Joel, 17, Brainerd, 27 September 2014

Brandie Joel

Family seeks help finding missing teenager

A smiling blond 17-year-old left her parents southeast Brainerd home to spend the night at a friend's house intending to return the next day. That was more than a week ago. "She never took off and lost contact with everybody," Shelly Joel said of her daughter. "She's always stayed in contact with someone." On Sept. 27, Brandie Joel took pajamas and a change of clothes to spend the night at a girlfriend's house. She planned to walk to the friend's house. Her mom said she may have taken a light zip-up hoodie but no jacket. Highs were in the 80s that weekend. Her coat remained at home. Brandie told her dad she'd be back by noon the next day and would help the family paint a garage. When she wasn't home by 12:30 p.m., he went to the friend's house and learned Brandie never arrived there the night before. Her family has been scouring neighborhoods and talking to their daughter's friends trying to find out what may have happened. About five days before she went missing, Brandie began taking an ADHD medication. They aren't sure if she had a reaction to the medication or if something or someone else is involved. From their daughter's friends, they've heard instead of going to the girlfriend's house she planned to stay with, Brandie got into a white car with two other girls. She reportedly stayed at a different friend's house and then was dropped off at Brainerd Cub Foods on Sept. 28. She was seen there about 4 p.m. For a teenager constantly with a phone or tablet and often updating her Facebook and Snapchat, there has also been a week of silence. Brandie's last Facebook post updated her cover photo at 9:19 p.m Sept. 26. Her mom said her last Snapchat post was on Sunday, Sept. 28, the last day of a confirmed sighting. The last post reportedly was of a girl and stated "I majorly (expletive) up and I don't know what to do."
    http://www.brainerddispatch.com/cont...ssing-teenager

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

5 days on ADHD medication...I think that probably caused her disappearance. I hope she's okay and will be found soon.

It already snowed in MN a couple of days ago, and it is cold! Hope she is in someone's house.

This is her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/brandi.johns.520

On Sep 18, she updated her profile photo to a Twitter screenshot that's not exactly reassuring. Not all information appears to be visible to non-friends, and if you're not logged into FB at all, you'll get an error message.

Forecast for Brainerd:

http://classic.wunderground.com/US/MN/Brainerd.htm
    Last edited by creepedout; 10-06-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: more details, fix typo

I don't like the sounds of this one.

Missing Brainerd teen's last post: 'I don't know what to do'
    BRAINERD, Minn. -- A week ago, smiling 17-year-old left her parents' southeast Brainerd home to spend the night at a friend's house intending to return the next day.

"She never took off and lost contact with everybody," Shelly Joel said of her daughter, who also posted prolifically on social media. "She's always stayed in contact with someone."

On Sept. 27, Brandie Joel took pajamas and a change of clothes to spend the night at a girlfriend's house. She planned to walk to the friend's house. Her mom said she may have taken a light zip-up hoodie but no jacket that unusually hot weekend. Brandie told her dad she'd be back by noon the next day and would help the family paint a garage. When she wasn't home by 12:30 p.m., he went to the friend's house and learned Brandie never arrived there the night before. Her family has been scouring neighborhoods and talking to their daughter's friends trying to find out what may have happened.

Shelly Joel holds up the most recent picture of her daughter, Brandie Joel, who has been missing for about a week. (Kelly Humphrey, Brainerd Dispatch)

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...st-i-dont-know
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

I think her friends have more info on her whereabouts and hopefully have shared that with LE/her family. As far as her meds, low dosage is the rule when first prescribed so I don't think it plays a role here as she hasn't had her meds since she' been gone.. As far as her FB I don't see anything unusual for a girl her age (actually pretty tame) one odd thing as her friends are private ,,I think she'll show up sooner than later,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Topcat; 10-06-2014 at 08:41 PM.

It sounds like she's got herself in a bad situation.

The article starts out good, and then it delves into her personal problems. She just was recently fired from a job (why?), involved with shady people and was at alternative school.

I hope she didn't lie to her parents about where she was sleeping, and instead go to a guy's house and something terrible happened there.

I don't get a good feeling for this.

I think she is just fine. Lots of posts from the family on FB...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    I think she is just fine. Lots of posts from the family on FB...
    her Aunt put that poster (the one I posted) up yesterday and "liked" by another aunt , so I don't think all is well......which FB page are you looking on? Her mom is obviously very concerned to say the least from all the "sightings".

just a follow up to the info on that poster.... http://www.brainerddispatch.com/cont...and-kidnapping

It seems she is posting on her FB page as of an hour ago. I hope it is her and that she is home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sashasnout View Post
    It seems she is posting on her FB page as of an hour ago. I hope it is her and that she is home safe.
    Her mom's facebook says she has been found.

An additional source here! http://www.brainerddispatch.com/cont...n-returns-home
    He (her father) said he could sum his feelings up in three words - happy, relieved, confused.
    "We're happy she's back," Jim Joel said. "There is a lot of relief."
    Yay!