MO - Witness says 6-year-old child kidnapped in Springfield, MO

Azriell

Reaction score
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/police-witness-says-6yearold-child-kidnapped-in-springfield/21048998_28963368

"Officers are looking for a white Dodge four-door pickup; it's a 2000 model or newer. It has a peace symbol, a fish symbol and a Texas Longhorn sticker on the back widow.

The witness told police the child was about four feet tall, wearing some kind of white top like a sweatshirt, red basketball shorts with white and gray tennis shoes.

As of late Sunday evening, police had not had any contact with the child nor the two suspects. Police had not received a report of any missing child."

Video at link. :(

This has a few more details about what was said to have happened to the child (i.e. why a kidnapping was reported). But they still have not had a missing persons report and no one has seen the vehicle in question.

Police: Can't verify reported kidnapping of boy (Springfield News-Leader, Springfield, MO)

Police officials said they have been unable to confirm that the kidnapping of a 6-year-old boy reported Sunday night in west Springfield actually occurred.

The witness told police that the child was walking along Chestnut when two males grabbed the child and threw him in the back seat of the truck. The witness told police that the boy may have also been hit with a baseball bat. He described the child as about 4 feet tall wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, red gym shorts and white and gray tennis shoes.

Not again. There have been a few of these cases recently, with horrific sounding incidents of abductions, but no missing children reported nearby. Very frustrating and very worrying.

Wow. How can there not be a missing child report? :(

Could the guy (witness) be mentally ill?
Or late getting home and needed an excuse for a "significant other" or someone like that who expected him back earlier?

I don't see why else anyone would make up that (fairly detailed) story and call authorities.

Regarding "the kid" he saw abducted...

I'm short and always have been shorter than a majority of my classmates. But how do they put "6-y/o" and "4' tall" together? I don't think that's normal for a "normal sized" kid. I was around 4th-grade when I made it to 4'.
Is this a normal size for that age? If not, why were they called "6-y/o?"

I've never been to Springfield (MO). Are there many homeless in that part of town? If so, there might not have been anyone to report the kid missing. That came to mind because of the recent murder in Cherokee Park (Louisville, KY).

I'm kinda trying to give the witness the benefit-of-the-doubt since I can't understand someone making up that kind of story and calling the cops if "something" didn't indeed happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back