802 users online (165 members and 637 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Ebola outbreak - general thread #3

Continue discussion here...

1) Blogs must be approved before posting.
    2) Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.
    3) Posts about the political aspects need to be taken to the designated area on the forum.
    4) Post responsibly by linking to information.

Please adhere to the guidelines above or you may find yourself looking in from the outside for a brief time period.

I will start us off by saying that every day that no one in the apartment gets a fever is a GOOD day! Regardless of what you think of Duncan and the gf ,surely the children deserve our prayers and mercy. I do not believe the gf knew he had it prior to him getting to Dallas. I do not believe she would expose the minor children to it, no matter what kind of love she had for the man. We are right in the middle of the incubation period and if they're doing good so far, maybe they will continue to do so.

All I have to say is why have protocols for quarantine and then not abide by them?. Less than 8 days is not 21 days!..and if I was in Texas or if my family got infected due to someones lax and inept ability to follow through with correct protocol you can damn well bet there would be a major lawsuit!

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    I will start us off by saying that every day that no one in the apartment gets a fever is a GOOD day! Regardless of what you think of Duncan and the gf ,surely the children deserve our prayers and mercy. I do not believe the gf knew he had it prior to him getting to Dallas. I do not believe she would expose the minor children to it, no matter what kind of love she had for the man. We are right in the middle of the incubation period and if they're doing good so far, maybe they will continue to do so.
    I think chances that Duncan infected no one are slim to none. In Liberia, at least 9 people so far were infected by Marthalene Williams (woman who infected Duncan). Way more than 2 they are saying average person with Ebola is expected to infect. But even assuming that each person infects two, then in all likelihood Duncan infected someone.
    Just my opinion

This has been a real wake up call for everyone. IMO I think even the officials got shook up. Somehow we always think we will never be involved with disasters and diseases. I worry being so close to a big city, 2 doctors in my immediate family, a grandson in a huge college and 3 in high school going to activities. Educate as many as we can.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Thanks for the nice clean thread!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SweetT View Post
    All I have to say is why have protocols for quarantine and then not abide by them?. Less than 8 days is not 21 days!..and if I was in Texas or if my family got infected due to someones lax and inept ability to follow through with correct protocol you can damn well bet there would be a major lawsuit!
    Jumping off your post, Would it be that much of a travesty to ALL countries to close borders for 3 weeks to stop the spread globally, come on 3 weeks is nothing. jmo idk
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

The Guinean town that overcame Ebola

http://www.who.int/features/2014/tel...ebola-free/en/

Article about a town in Guinea which managed to control an outbreak of Ebola at the beginning of the summer.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/06/health...ria/index.html
    this is very interesting..........I do not know if it has been posted.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I think chances that Duncan infected no one are slim to none. In Liberia, at least 9 people so far were infected by Marthalene Williams (woman who infected Duncan). Way more than 2 they are saying average person with Ebola is expected to infect. But even assuming that each person infects two, then in all likelihood Duncan infected someone.
    I agree with you fully. I will be so surprised if no one else comes down with it. But I expected in the first few days after his hospitalization that we would hear the others were getting sick. So every day we do not hear that I'm hopeful.

ETA Just wanted to add that my inner conspiracy theorist is acting up and wonders if the gated community isn't more like the isolation ward in a medical facility and perhaps they are ill. But to not cause a panic, we may be getting a sanitized version of events. **speculative and certainly not true **** But ,,,,, I think some of you know what I'm saying

With all respect...........I guess I'm dense but I don't understand how a lawsuit would help anything. A lawsuit can't stop the spread of Ebola.
    Any of my comments are IMO,JMO, or MOO.

CNN still says that Duncan I still fighting for his life. Being unconsciense has it's blessings, praying he is pain free.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

CNN just said another man is on his way to NEB. I didn't catch who.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    CNN just said another man is on his way to NEB. I didn't catch who.
    I believe it is the NBC cameraman.

Quote Originally Posted by faw720 View Post
    With all respect...........I guess I'm dense but I don't understand how a lawsuit would help anything. A lawsuit can't stop the spread of Ebola.
    We have become a suing nation for money. People know big hospitals will pay out.
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast