1476 users online (258 members and 1218 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Author Wolf suggests ISIS beheadings are faked - conspiracy?

Daily Mail:

'Where are they getting all these folks from?' Naomi Wolf condemned
    for suggesting ISIS hostages are ACTORS and be-headings aren't real

Writer posted a number of Facebook messages questioning footage
    Asked if there was any record of the hostages being abducted initially
    Claimed it would need at least five people to 'stage an event like this'
    Also suggested deployment of troops in Africa to fight Ebola a ploy

---
    The 51-year-old American writer made a series of controversial statements questioning the authenticity of the footage in a number of messages on her Facebook page.

The initial post in which the feminist activist questions where the terror group are 'getting all these folks from' was deleted.

In another post, she also said that the Obama administration was sending troops to West Africa to confront the Ebola outbreak so they could return with the deadly infection - justifying a military takeover of Africa.
    ---
    more at link above

Naomi Wolf slammed for 'unhinged conspiracy theories' (Sydney Morning Herald)

Courting controversy comes naturally to Naomi Wolf, whose most recent book was largely a biography of her own vagina.

But The New York Times bestselling author, journalist and former Democratic political consultant has hit back at claims she is advancing "unhinged conspiracy theories".
    ---
    She suggests fear "propaganda" to restrict liberties is not confined to America.
    ---
    Wolf also suggests the Scottish referendum was fraudulent.
    ---

When the first video came out, I had a friend ask me if I thought the video might have been faked. My answer was that I had not seen the video and had no plans to view it. And I haven't watched any of them.

Does anyone else here who may have already seen them think they were fake?

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I'm always interested in a good conspiracy theory but why would anyone (except perhaps a sailor who's been deployed on a nuclear submarine for 12 months) care about Wolf's vagina?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I have to admit, the thought they might be faked -- and for the reasons given -- did cross my mind. Didn't watch 'em, regardless.

Sounds like someone is testing the waters for a new book!
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Conspiracy theories seem....well, they just seem so tawdry. Once upon a time they were almost the exclusive province of the far right. Then (drumroll) JFK rolled through Dealey. The rest of the '60s transpired. And perspectives changed.

Now I feel perfectly at ease arguing, say, 400-year-old conspiracies (i.e., that that w*nker W. Shakespeare had nothing to do with penning the plays and poems we attribute to him).

At ease, but a bit sheepish. (Epitaph material, that.)
    Last edited by wfgodot; 10-07-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: sp

My husband has a degree in digital media. He heard the rumor, and watched one of the films and agrees it is quite likely that they are faked. They do not actually show the process of beheading. I listened to the audio of a portion of one of the videos, but have not viewed the footage, when the victim was reading a statement prepared for him. His voice exhibited no distress whatsoever. He was very flat as if he was just reading a printed page with no emotional response to the contents at all. I don't have any idea why they would be faked, but the whole thing is really hinky.
    And twins plus little bro make NINE!! (I really thought we were done when I created this screen name. )

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    When the first video came out, I had a friend ask me if I thought the video might have been faked. My answer was that I had not seen the video and had no plans to view it. And I haven't watched any of them.

Does anyone else here who may have already seen them think they were fake?
    I haven't seen them all, but the 2 or 3 I have seen looked suspicious to me. I didn't understand why anyone would choose such a small knife for the rather arduous task of severing the spinal cord and column and removing the head. I also wondered why the victims were so calm while their doom was pronounced.

On the other hand: (a) perhaps more than one tool was used; (b) perhaps the knife was bigger than it appeared on camera; (c) perhaps the victims had endured "fake" executions in the past and didn't realize this one was real; and (d) I am no expert on butchering anyone or thing.

All that being said, Ms. Wolff's career has been based not on exploring her own vagina, but on the thesis that governments and big corporations inflate crises in order to keep people scared and complacent. Based on the videos I've seen, one might conclude they are fake WITHOUT also believing there is a huge conspiracy behind them.

One other possibility, since the videos I saw ended with a still shot of the severed head. Perhaps the captives aren't beheaded during the released video, but at a later time with more appropriate tools. Or the severed heads could be photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Wolf also suggests the Scottish referendum was fraudulent.
    Yup. I hear that one too. Polls showed a tight race with decided edge toward withdrawal from UK.

Then, just a bit later -- election blowout went other way.

Hink-a-doody.
    ---

p.s. and oh, btw, if you like Wolf, or at least thought-provoking material of this sort, try her Guardian essay from 2007:

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

• From Hitler to Pinochet and beyond, history shows there are certain steps that any would-be dictator must take to destroy constitutional freedoms. And, argues Naomi Wolf, George Bush and his administration seem to be taking them all

Who "cares" about Wolf's lady parts?

(*hangs head in shame* Never thought I would ever write those words in public)
    Last edited by badhorsie; 10-07-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    England's dancing days are done...

I have deliberately never watched, even a part, of any of the videos. I feel guilty about it really as these men had to go through it. That sort of viewing, however, would disturb me forever. But I hate it when it happens, with increasing regularity it seems. It is always the same sort of picture but I have never read about any conspiracy. Ought to get reading really but even reading about it seems disrespectful to the victims and their loved ones.

Conspiracy theories abound in the Lee Rigby case but there was a lot of weirdness about the footage...
    I dunno, just rambling
    England's dancing days are done...

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Who "cares" about Wolf's lady parts?

(*hangs head in shame* Never thought I would ever write those words in public)
    Just almost did a spit-take whilst swilling this Diet Pepsi, lol.

Men who emulated NW in writing about their bits might be accused of writing a short story.

I wish they were faked, I really do.

But I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2six View Post
    My husband has a degree in digital media. He heard the rumor, and watched one of the films and agrees it is quite likely that they are faked. They do not actually show the process of beheading. I listened to the audio of a portion of one of the videos, but have not viewed the footage, when the victim was reading a statement prepared for him. His voice exhibited no distress whatsoever. He was very flat as if he was just reading a printed page with no emotional response to the contents at all. I don't have any idea why they would be faked, but the whole thing is really hinky.
    I have wondered how they keep these men calm and obedient. It would be human nature and self preservation to try and run away.
    I have an idea that they may force these men to make these videos daily or on a regular basis so they do not know when it will actually happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast