Ripper suspect serial killer 'Mad Fred' Deeming's skull found in Melbourne?

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail:

Mystery of 100-year-old skull and Australia's first serial killer and onetime
Ripper suspect Frederick Deeming, who entombed his victims in concrete

• Frederick Deeming murdered six people with a knife and battle axe
• He had a fascination from boyhood for entombing bodies in concrete
• Deeming is one of the first to be given the description of 'serial killer'
• Called 'Mad Fred' by his siblings he posed as a nobleman and conned women
• His parents had both been in lunatic asylums and he 'talked' to his dead mother at 2am
• He was a boastful shyster who came undone partly because people found him loathsome

He was known as 'The Demon' or 'Mad Fred' and he was Australia's first serial killer and a one time Jack the Ripper suspect.

Frederick Deeming, was a 19th century wife-killer, bigamist, thief and conman, who savagely murdered women and children on opposite sides of the world and entombed their bodies in concrete.

Now forensic scientists are trying to identify a skull thought to belong to Deeming, a reviled monster who was one of the first multiple murderers to be labelled ' a serial killer'.
---

the rest, plus many pics, at link above

I did recall that Deeming's death mask (or one of them) was sent to Scotland Yard where it was pointed out to visitors as being Jack the Ripper. Like Neil Cream, he was supposedly in prison when JtR was active but that didn't squelch the rhyme about him being the Ripper.

The Windsor house where he entombed poor Emily is just a couple streets from my beloved old duplex apartment. We lived in Windsor for more than a decade, I must have walked past 57 Andrew St a hundred times and never knew what had happened there. But now I do!

This is what it looks like now: http://goo.gl/maps/GTBWJ

What an absolutely loathesome man. How creepy is it that they dug his poor brother up, to compare the heads? :escape:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back