1179 users online (185 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Welcome to WS, Walkingproof. I haven't read the other thread mentioned here. My first question is whether LE has dna from the perp in Gayle's murder or any of the other cases? Were all of the crimes in Texas? Or is it possible he has a previous criminal history in any other state?

Honestly, my first thought was why doesn't LE run your DNA through codis. If your dna contributors dna is out there as a cold case, there should be a match, no?

I will keep you in my prayers that you get the answers you seek and the justice your mom and these other women deserve.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Regarding La Marque Police Department

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingproof View Post
    I am a bit discouraged. Last week I spoke with the La Marque police department and one of the detectives said something very odd... Part of the reason my mother did not get a fair investigation is because the focus was on her being mental ill, even though the records state she was found in distress, beaten and bruised.

I am frustrated that my mother never got a fair investigation because she was "mentally ill"

I've been trying to get a foothold in understanding your story and the circumstances of it - so I ask your tolerance in advance, if I misspeak or get a detail wrong...

If I'm correct, you're asking La Marque Police to work on (a) case/s which did not occur within their jurisdiction (your mother & Gayle were attacked in City of Houston/Harris County)? They will not give you or the victim any benefit of the doubt, as that would cause them to have additional work... work that would be difficult to do in any event, given that the events occurred 35 years ago. The fact that your mother spent time in an institution gives them an easy out, on the basis of credibility (even though you have DNA tests in hand).

I'm not sure if you're familiar with their reputation, but LMPD is pretty adept at dropping the ball like its on fire if the solution isn't gift wrapped and waiting in their inbox; LMPD has a history of being reluctant to work cases that actually did happen within their city limits... Don't get your hopes up about getting help from La Marque LE. I'm citing Jessica Cain's case & my mom's case just off the top of my head, where LMPD ceased investigations prematurely - JCain's case was picked up by FBI after a few weeks, fortunately (although it can be argued that invaluable information/evidence was lost during that gap in investigation). [I can expound more on the details of LM dropping the ball on Jessica's case later, if you like]. La Marque Police closed my mother's investigation within days of her murder because "decedent was not a positive contribution to community/society," meaning she was unemployed and on drugs - although the Galveston County Medical Examiner's report showed all drug tests taken during her autopsy were found to have negative results for any intoxicants - not even prescribed substances were present.

Don't let your feeling of discouragement deter you - allow it to fuel your creativity in thinking outside the box, and for seeking & utilizing other sources of assistance.

Also, I saw someone else recommend that you put together a timeline and map - I wholeheartedly agree with this advice, because virtually nobody (LE or media) will give you the response you deserve unless you walk in there with a tangible outline and sources that are organized & easy to understand. Use an Excel spreadsheet as a table of contents, and then have your miscellaneous references, maps, reports, and timelines organized according to the spreadsheet.

Thank you for taking the time to get caught up, I understand that there are a lot of details to understand. I also understand that my writing skills are less then perfect (one reason I did the Youtube video)

So to simplify what's happening is the case with Gayle Cater has the strongest circumstantial evidence and it's moving forward. It was not until I joined this site that I ever heard of the Jessica Cain and Suzanne Rene Richerson case. These two also have some similar connections. LMPD is involved because he lived in that area most of the mid 80s and 90s (north Houston in the 1970 s and early 80s) I will be careful to say what is in the works but a few different things are happening. I am meeting with a few different counties next week. I hope to be updating you soon with more progress. Thank you for your support. Please feel free to call me anytime.

Fingers crossed for movement in these cases!

Hope the mapping & outline are progressing. Thanks Snoods.

You are correct in saying that, LMPD and the local LEOS around there want this all to go away. There are a couple cops who take interest in it but like you said, these girls deaths were not significant. If they would have been a Senators kid or VIP they entire police force would be working on it. The LEOS sit back while we do all the work. Granted they have current cases they work now and can build on, it takes folks like us to obtain as much information as possible to build a case. Dont look to get help locally, they want it to blow away. I have a lot of "inside" info that would make your head spin. This takes persistence. Just because cops say things you dont wanna hear, dont give up. We all need to get together at a neutral location to compare notes and build on that. Each person attending would be ID'd or verified by a fellow member. We dont want any one from law enforcement involved at this point. We need to get all these cases together and someone with the skills to put it to a graph. Then when we have it all, present it to the media in a format that they would understand. I've been intimidated by LEOS to stop and shut down what I am doing, it only reinforces it. We all need to meet in PRIVATE.

Last known pic of Gayle Cater

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm having a hard time uploading the image. The picture with the woman and the child is me and my mother. The woman in the other picture is gayle cater, The last professional picture she ever made. As you can see they were both had the same length of hair, body size and both were adducted with in 1 mile of each other.

Walkingproof - I've already commented on another thread about the uncanny likeness between your mother and Laura Miller - and now I'm going to say the same about Gayle Cater and your mum again - so very alike...
    Please keep going and hopefully you will find the answers you (and maybe others) seek.

2 pieces of big news.. It's good and frustrating at the same time. I spoke with the investigator in her case and she noticed one thing in the report that semen was collected, this is good news because if this is evidence is located then that will differently have DNA this many years later. The challenge is the sample is in lost Harris county and another county is investigating the case. Gayles mother and close friend went to KHOU on the 30th anniversary of her death and a segment was aired "Who killed Gayle Cater" It's disturbing that until I came along that they never found her case or notes. Because I was a dog without a bone I did not stop.. Now they have more information on this case that Gayles mother never knew about... I wish KHOU would get involved. I have reached out to them but never got a response. 2nd part of good news is a judge has agreed to consider having Gayles removed from the grave to see if we can collect DNA. A little hope for Gayle today..

Quote Originally Posted by littlemodesty View Post
    Walkingproof - I've already commented on another thread about the uncanny likeness between your mother and Laura Miller - and now I'm going to say the same about Gayle Cater and your mum again - so very alike...
    Please keep going and hopefully you will find the answers you (and maybe others) seek.
    I agree.. The 3rd woman who got away allegedly had the same look.

I have done a youtube link for those who may not take the time to read everything but might watch a 4 minuet youtube on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQoireRNMI

another youtube vent... I have some new info on Gayle's case...

I say this will all sensitivity, but is it possible that since your birth mother is Schizophrenic, she was actually only attacked by one man and not three? Or, are there verified instances where the POI attacked with other men?
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

The medical records report that she was attacked by three men.. However, is possible that she reported that to them incorrectly. The only facts that can not be disputed is how she was found beaten and bruised in distress and what happened to the other girls around the same time in the same area..

interesting to note.. The phone number that Gayles mother used when reporting her daughter missing over 30 years ago is still her contact number today.. She was in her 50's back then and in her 80's today but her address and phone number has is still the same after all these years. She wanted to make sure they could locate her when they solved the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast