7th Heaven star Stephen Collins on tape admitting molestation of girls

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Not even sure where to put this: Celebrity news or crimes against children. By the time this thread is made I am sure someone else will have started one too.

In shock. I loved this show. Now I feel sick.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_lmzgyxze

One of those times, he molested her, he said.
"There was one moment of touching where her hand, I put her hand on my penis," he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...llins-admits-molesting-girl-article-1.1965747

Stephen allegedly first confessed his crimes to Faye back in 2012. Her divorce lawyer advised that she tape his confessions in therapy and that it would be perfectly legal in California due to the severity of the crime in question, reports TMZ. Given that the girls were under 14, Stephen’s alleged acts are violent felonies.

The NYPD are actively investigating — two officers from the Special Victims Unit flew to LA to speak to Faye, and a source at the NYPD revealed to TMZ that there are at least three victims. One of the victims — the relative of Stephen’s first wife — stepped forward in 2012.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/07...child-molestation-7th-heaven-dad-tape-listen/

I hope he gets charged, found guilty and sent to prison. I also watched 7th Heaven when I was younger.

There also has to be more victims then just these three girls.

Wow. That confession tape is really disturbing. I didn't expect this at all....but I was still looking at him as the sweet pastor dad on the show I used to watch.

Very sad for the young girls that had to be violated in such ways. :(

How very very creepy. That show is done for most of us, now. I was hoping that the "girls" were 17 or so, that would have made it less creepy, but no, he had to go for kids. I will never understand these people.

Ugh. 7th Heaven is on tv here pretty much constantly. I can't watch it again. Now I need to explain to my child why we won't be watching.

Those poor children. I hope there are no more victims but really, it's probably a high chance. :(

I hope they pull the show off the air completely, even at the loss of residuals. Very disturbing. I don't care how old the girls were, sexual abuse is sexual abuse. Lock him up.

I am so so disappointed. I can never watch that show again. I looked at this show as a shining example of family viewing with life lessons and good values. It is not the show's fault by any means but I can never view it again because I will forever have the image of that wonderful father in my head, secretly showing his junk to little girls.

Just uggh uggh uggh. Very angry at him for what he did to those girls and for ruining this show for me to boot.

These selfish bast**** reek so much havoc on children's lives, and for what... a few moments of sexual gratification. No thoughts of the victims- ever- just their sick, never ending, needs.

When will we learn that the penalties for these injustices need to be harsh... long and harsh. Only then will people actually start to think before they act on their twisted fantasies and desires. IF, and it is a big IF there are individuals who are able to turn this around they need to be punished and treated, extensively. When and IF someone reoffends- that's it- two strikes when it comes to sexual molestation or assault. No more chance, after chance, after chance. MOO, of course.

Oh I loved that show. No more for me. Very sad for the girls that he put this through.

eh, TV does not imitate life, I guess -- I wondered why he was so creepy to me; now I know

When I read about this on the way to work this morning, I immediately felt :sick:.

There are several episodes I'll never look at the same way again, including this one:

[video=youtube;ENPElDKQtXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPElDKQtXI[/video]

This situation is horrible . . . just beyond horrible. :furious:

Those poor young victims. :(

DH sent me an email about this earlier today. I've never seen the TV series and know of Stephen Collins only from Lifetime movies and episodes of Law & Order. Collins has always seemed sleazy to me, so I wasn't too surprised to read about the allegations of child molestation.

I have several clients with intellectual disabilities who love this show and check out episodes from the library on a regular basis.

How, pray tell, am I supposed to explain to them when they hear that the "preacher" did this to young girls (especially when one of those clients was sexually abused as a child herself?)

UPDATE: Stephen Collins has now been dropped from the film "Ted 2,"Entertainment Weekly reports.
According the website, representatives for the film confirmed the firing, but the filmmakers declined any further comment.

UPDATE 2: TMZ reports that the Los Angeles Police Department actually launched an investigation into molestation allegations against Stephen Collins in November 2012.

An LAPD official told the website they received the audiotape posted by TMZ on Oct. 7, back in 2012, but closed the case because there was "no verified victim," suggesting the investigation was prompted by a tip.

Now, the LAPD official told TMZ they are working with the NYPD and "re-listening" to the tape and "revisiting" the investigation to see if they "missed anything" back in 2012.

UPDATE 3: A rep for SAG/AFTRA confirmed to TMZ that following the release of his confessional tapes, Stephen Collins resigned from his position on the National Board of the Screen Actors Guild.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ion_n_5944654.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I watched this show too at one time.I always felt like it was a wholesome show.Not so much now,ugh how can things get so dark.I did feel like Collins was "eager"
to describe how I saw him.Just could never put my finger on it.I wonder if he was molested as a child? I can't watch this show again either.I do think there are more victims,he is holding back.How can people hold on to this for that long?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he commits suicide.I am gobsmacked!

He was also in a movie called "The Babysitter's Seduction." In the movie he seduces a young Keri Russell, his children's babysitter. He probably loved that role! :pullhair:

I also remember years ago when Jessica Biel, who played his daughter on 7th Heaven did a photo shoot for Gear magazine. She was 17 years old. I guess the pics were kind of racy but there was no nudity. I read in a magazine where Stephen Collins said he was upset about the Gear photo shoot because it was like Child *advertiser censored* because she was 17 and he didn't think that was ok. I don't have a link to this quote as I read this in a magazine many years ago, but the quote is probably on a website somewhere.

ETA: He makes me sick.

yep, he's a very sick person who I hope gets years in prison.

Without the victims' corroboration, I cant see this being a case. I can confess to many things, what I say alone cannot be enough to put me in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back