1132 users online (237 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Sally Estabrook, 75, Julian, 4 Oct 2014

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-m...ntman-missing/

JULIAN, Calif. -- A search will resume Tuesday in southern California for a missing 75-year-old woman who is reportedly the mother-in-law of Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine.

Sally Estabrook was last seen around 4 p.m. Saturday at the Pinezanita RV Park and Campround in Julian, about 60 miles northeast of San Diego, reports CBS San Diego. The San Diego Union Tribune reports that she is the mother-in-law of Mustaine, who was also the original lead guitarist for rock band Metallica.

Estabrook reportedly suffers from Alzheimer's. Her husband told deputies that he couldn't find her after he took a shower, reports the Union Tribune.

CA - Sally Estabrook, 75, Julian, 4 October 2014

Just putting this out there because I am a huge fan of Dave Mustaine and Megadeth. Dave Mustaine's Mother-in-law went missing last Saturday, and the search is still on going. Should note, she is 75 and has Alzheimer's disease. Hope she is found safe, and soon.

http://www.10news.com/news/search-co...ian-campground

Hope she is found soon, must be so lonely for her, not knowing where she is or how to get back to the camp. So sad for her family.

Oh this is not good Julian is gorgeous, but the terrain is concerning. It's a tiny town, up in the mountains, with a climate that is very different than most of SoCal - they even get snow in Winter. There are so many cliffs and canyons.

However, it is apple season, with lots and lots of visitors in October, so there will be many people up there and if there has been a poster saturation that is a lot of people who may see her.

I hope they find her safe, I really do, but the potential for an accident is so high up there.

http://timesofsandiego.com/crime/201...th-day-julian/

The intensive search for a 75-year-old woman with Alzheimer’s disease who who apparently wandered away from the Pinezanita RV Park and Campground in Julian entered its fifth day Wednesday.

Sally Estabrook was last seen around 4 p.m. Saturday at the 26.5-acre campground in the 4400 block of state Route 79, north of Harrison Park Road, according to a sheriff’s department statement...

Estabrook... is white, 5 feet 4 inches tall and about 145 pounds, with shoulder-length blond hair. She may be wearing a teal top and white capri pants.

Still no word

I am still checking the Harriet Keim thread all the time too (the 84 year old who walked away from her PA home on 9/30/14). These elderly missing really break my heart because I can imagine the panic they go through trying to get back.

Praying for a miracle!

We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Thankfully the local media had been covering this quite heavily, and as someone else said, it starting to head into fall and also being apple (and pumpkin patch) season, Julian gets more traffic than it would other times of year, meaning more eyes out looking for Sally.

Media coverage isn't as heavy as it had been, as they're not always on scene now reporting covering it and simply continue to mention it and show her picture, but it is still getting out there.

I'm still hoping she'll be found soon, but now that we're this far into it, am starting to fear we're going to get a repeat of the Carl Salayer story (a 75 year old who had Alzheimer's and also went missing just about 2 months ago in Ramona, actually relatively near Julian)

Praying that won't be the case, though, and Sally will be found soon and able to enjoy some good Julian cider or apple pie, or some yummy Dudley's bread!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...278827661.html

"Loved ones said that because of her Alzheimer's, Estabrook is not very communicative, but may respond to her name.
    “We’re just asking everybody that may have been up there to take a look in your sheds, in your garages, in the thick brush around your house," Mustaine said at the media briefing on Friday. "A lot of times people that wander who have Alzheimer’s are found very close to their homes. They just take shelter underneath bushes.”

He also asked anyone who works at hospitals, shelters and senior citizen homes to double-check their patients and make sure Estabrook didn't wind up in one of their facilities.
    “We need your help,” he pleaded. “If you see Sally – we call her Nana – she’s probably not going to answer to you. Please call 911 and we’ll go from there.”

"Park said searchers have honed in on the immediate area in and around the Julian campground, which spans about 26 acres. He said the terrain is mountainous and covered in thick brush, steep canyons and ravines. Park said the area is also home to wild predators, including mountain lions, which is challenging for search crews.
    Because mountain lions often prey at night, Park said authorities must suspend the daily ground search once night falls. He said a helicopter is also aiding in the search, covering about 60 miles from above."
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

Not looking good is it

My FIL had Alzheimers. One of the professionals told us when he gets out to head in the direction of what hand he uses primarily. Right or left. They also told us to head towards where there can be people heard, like at a park or playground. The voices attract them. She also told us to head towards water to look for them if some is close by. Those sounds draw them.

We "lost" my FIL a few times when he managed to get out. Once the police found him and brought him home while we were out looking, before we called them to report him missing.

So if she is right handed, they should look to the right hand side out of the RV park and go down that direction, towards water or a playground/park.

That's all I've got. It's scary when they get loose because they can't articulate what they need to to be returned home. They can no longer say their name, know their address or anything else. It's heartbreaking. FWIW.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

I had actually not heard about her until we pulled into our camping spot yesterday at the same campground she went missing from a week ago. There are fliers posted throughout the campground and also all over town. I noticed SAR randomly in bushes alongside highway 79 just south of the main downtown area of Julian when driving in but didn't know why until we arrived. Also saw a bunch come through the campsite and searching south of here. A San Diego news van was parked at the entrence to the campground today. Also heard/saw the helicopter overhead for several hours today. They are supposed to be back at it again tomorrow. This area is so beautiful yet also so vast and desolate. So many ravines and brush. So devastating for the family. Praying tomorrow is the day she is reunited with her family.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

Maybe related or not but I live in the Scripps Ranch area of San Diego and right now there is a police helicopter circling the area and announcing "looking for a white female, 75 yrs of age with a teal top and white capris...if you see her please call 911 immediately."

Not sure how she could be in this area as it's about 40 miles west of Julian but the clothes description fits to a tee! What a miracle if Sally is okay and somewhere in this area.
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Now KGTV http://www.10news.com/ news helicopters are flying over. Not seeing anything on their website but news is coming up in a few moments so I'll report back if in fact it has something to do with Sally.
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

I was wondering what was going on as I'd been seeing very low circling (but even further west of 15, oddly, closer to Black Mountain, which really seems odd) - helicopters and a small plane - but didn't hear any PA announcements. I can't imagine it was anything else, as I saw them on both sides, so...

It's now on KFMB's twitter:

#BREAKING: Possible sighting of missing woman Sally Estabrook near Pomerado Rd. & Semillon Blvd. in #ScrippsRanch. pic.twitter.com/VD3cUdnYAZ

RE https://twitter.com/CBS8/status/521818469868642306

I turned on the scanner once I saw that, but so far I'm not hearing anything (I'll come back and advise to go 'downstairs' if I do hear anything)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast