627 users online (72 members and 555 guests)  

Websleuths News

Blood Moon set as lunar eclipse nears early Wednesday

Blood moon returns early Wednesday, and this time it's bigger

(CNN) -- Blood moon, Act II, opens soon in the heavens near you. And it will be bigger than Act I.

If you live in the western half of the United States, you'll have a front-row seat on a lunar eclipse that will turn the moon a burnt reddish orange for about an hour Wednesday, creating the second blood moon in relatively short succession.

The full eclipse will start at 6:25 a.m. ET [on 08 October], NASA says, and last until 7:24 a.m. ET.

Because it happens right after the perigee, the closest point to Earth in the moon's orbit, this blood moon will be nearly the size of a super moon -- appearing 5.3% larger than the previous blood moon on April 15.
    ---
    more at the links

Viewing Guide: Watch Blood Moon During Total Lunar Eclipse on Wednesday (National Geographic)

About six and a half hours now, here in ET. (And cloudy where I am.)

Storms rolling here, but supposed to clear out in a couple of hours.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Much to my surprise, we actually saw the "blood moon" quite clearly in the dark, desert sky!

Seems like we West Coasters always get these phenomena during daylight hours or when the marine layer is thick, etc. But this time "we" nailed it!

Here in East Tennessee, on the very western edge of the Eastern Time Zone, it is always too cloudy for me to see any of these phenomenon! Must be those darn Smoky Mountains!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.