NY NY - Jeanene R. Bowman, 17, Buffalo, 10 Feb 1977

This is all there is: working on getting in touch w/ Buffalo Unit.

Victim: Jeanene R. Bowman
Case Description: Missing since 2-10-1977.

Thanks for adding this name and please update when you get more info. I am thinking of Caledonia Jane Doe, in case Tammy Alexander doesn't match, I like having more names to research.

Jeanene was a normal teenager. She loved to laugh and enjoyed spending time with her family and friends. She had her own place and was excited to be beginning a new time of her life. Then she was gone.

She was not the type of a girl who would take off without telling her family. It was not her way to simply disappear. She loved her family, and her family loves her. Her mother died without ever having the answer as to what happened, she died without knowing where Jeanene was. No parent should ever have to wonder where their child is. Every parent deserves to have answers.

Now Jeanene's sisters have taken up the search. They want to know what happened to the sister they love so deeply. They want answers and they are certainly entitled to them. We are currently waiting for a photo of Jeanene, and the Cold Case Squad Of Buffalo is working to get one to us as fast as they can. They have been very willing to cooperate with our attempts at getting Jeanene's information out there.

For now, this is what we do know. Jeanene vanished on February 10, 1977. There have been many rumors floating around about where she might be. Jeanene's sisters are not buying into any of them. They know that if their sister was alive and able to contact them, she would. We all know how rumors are. One ounce of fact mixed with a cupful of guesses that when stirred together make a nice fairy tale.

Jeanene Bowman is a black female who was 5ft 4 in. tall. She is described as having a thin build. She was 17 yrs. old at the time that she vanished. She had a black mark on her shoulder and a scar on her left cheek. Her sisters have given DNA swabs and they are currently being processed. As soon as her photo becomes available we will update her album to include it. Her case number is 26363. Please, if you knew Jeanene or if you know where we can find her, let us know so we can pass that information on to her family.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/WeWontForgetThem/photos/?tab=album&album_id=960475320633172 (written 3 years ago)

Per law enforcement - 17 year old Jeanene Bowman was last seen by family members while living with boyfriend. Boyfriend told relatives she went to meet someone and never returned.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26363/

Sorry for bumping up this thread, but I was just looking through case files and stumbled upon this case. Decided to do a quick cross-examination search and found this Jane Doe found in New York City in 1990.

Okay so sure, the age estimation is 20-45 and the estimation of death is set to 1980-89 but we're all aware of how wrong these can be. Speaking theoretically there's a few things pointing it being a younger person, specifically child's maroon wool coat that was found near the body together with other articles of clothing. As mentioned, Jeanene was described as having a thin build and she was only 5 feet 4 inches tall.

Jeanene was last seen in Buffalo, New York on February 10, 1977. She was living with a boyfriend at the time of her disappearance. Her boyfriend stated she went out to meet someone and never returned. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I think her boyfriend murdered her but it couldn't be proven defenitely, I suppose the LE consider him a suspect but he's not been named, Is he still alive?

Jeanene was last seen in Buffalo, New York on February 10, 1977. She was living with a boyfriend at the time of her disappearance. Her boyfriend stated she went out to meet someone and never returned. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I think her boyfriend murdered her but it couldn't be proven defenitely, I suppose the LE consider him a suspect but he's not been named, Is he still alive?
Yes I agree sounds fishy to me too.

Height, distance and facial bite scar not lining up and not seeing a lot in common with the sketches but time frame prompted me to post. Additional photos of jewelry and clothing at link

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1184303
ME/C Case Number68-77
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-20
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 7"(67 inches) , Measured
Weight125 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundFebruary 28, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 31, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
LocationCranbury, New Jersey
CountyMiddlesex County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoveryBody was found off of the New Jersey Turnpike.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack hair which is pulled back with an elastic band
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye DescriptionUnknown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
Right ear pierced

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Black/rust/blue cape type coat with hood. Blue Levis. Brown/beige/blue striped shirt. Pantyhose. White bikini panties with dark brown writing "togetherness" and an outline of two babies.
On the Body

Footwear
High heeled shoes - bone color - 4 inch heels.
On the Body

Jewelry
White metal ladies ring with heart shape in metal. White metal ladies ring with an Aquamarine birth stone (March). Yellow metal "interlocking effect" 14K ladies ring. Yellow metal oval shape ring with rose and stem. Yellow metal twist bracelet. White metal Seiko ladies watch (serial #8300159) with black leather strap.
On the Body

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Height, distance and facial bite scar not lining up and not seeing a lot in common with the sketches but time frame prompted me to post. Additional photos of jewelry and clothing at link

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1184303
ME/C Case Number68-77
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-20
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 7"(67 inches) , Measured
Weight125 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundFebruary 28, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 31, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
LocationCranbury, New Jersey
CountyMiddlesex County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoveryBody was found off of the New Jersey Turnpike.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack hair which is pulled back with an elastic band
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye DescriptionUnknown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
Right ear pierced

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Black/rust/blue cape type coat with hood. Blue Levis. Brown/beige/blue striped shirt. Pantyhose. White bikini panties with dark brown writing "togetherness" and an outline of two babies.
On the Body

Footwear
High heeled shoes - bone color - 4 inch heels.
On the Body

Jewelry
White metal ladies ring with heart shape in metal. White metal ladies ring with an Aquamarine birth stone (March). Yellow metal "interlocking effect" 14K ladies ring. Yellow metal oval shape ring with rose and stem. Yellow metal twist bracelet. White metal Seiko ladies watch (serial #8300159) with black leather strap.
On the Body

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Have you submitted this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p