1045 users online (206 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dogwalker finds bass, thinks it's a body

A Springfield, Oregon dogwalker got the shock of her life when she found a six feet tall case abandoned at the side of the trail. She thought it contained a body.

It actually held a 150-year-old bass, stolen from the vehicle of a member of the Eugene Symphony Orchestra the night before, while he unloaded groceries.

The bass, worth $10,000 and weighing 30lbs, is completely undamaged and safely back with its owner now.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/or....html?mode=jqm
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

We had someone call 9-1-1 to report a 'body by the side of the road' that was actually the cushions of a couch someone had lost off the back of a truck.

Hey- I'm not sure I'd get close enough to be sure it was a body either!

ET: Not gonna lie- at first I thought it was a FISH they found, and I was howling over that mental picture!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

I read the thread name and thought it was about "bass" as in "fish." I thought somebody found a pile of dead fish and mistakenly thought it was a dead body, LOL.

One of my best friends played the bass viol in the youth symphony orchestra when we were teenagers. She had a car as big as a whale to haul that thing around in too. It was bigger than she was.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who surmised from the title that this was a fishy thread! (Does it say something about our cultural background, you think?)

My friend the professional 'cellist said:

That thief was much more careful with that instrument than airport baggage handlers....

Once I saw a body in the dumpster at work. I tossed in my trash and caught a glimpse of flesh. So I walked to our frontline, got between my employee and the customer and whispered for him to check the dumpster. He said no - couldn't do dead bodies. So I asked the other guy. He came back in and informed me it was a skinned goat carcass. I was so relieved it wasn't human!

Quote Originally Posted by FL Wannabe View Post
    Once I saw a body in the dumpster at work. I tossed in my trash and caught a glimpse of flesh. So I walked to our frontline, got between my employee and the customer and whispered for him to check the dumpster. He said no - couldn't do dead bodies. So I asked the other guy. He came back in and informed me it was a skinned goat carcass. I was so relieved it wasn't human!
    This, of course, begs the question - WHY was there a skinned goat carcass in the dumpster?
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

too late for cabrito....