1178 users online (239 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Mary Ellen Zehnle, 57, Berryman, 8 October 2014

http://www.threeriverspublishing.com...&Itemid=200118

A search is currently under way for Mary Ellen Zehnle, last seen on Blunt Road, near Berryman at 5 p.m. on Wednesday evening. She is 57 years old, is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds...

Emergency personnel began the search for Zehnle last night, but had to suspend the search due to storms and poor visibility in the area. The search was resumed this morning, with several area agencies called in to assist...

At around 10:15 a.m., two searchers in a vehicle were shot at, reportedly with a high-powered rifle, and one, a firefighter, sustained minor injuries from glass shards. One reported that it was so close that he could smell the gunpowder. He didnít see anyone, though, so he believed the shooter must have been well-camouflaged. All fire personnel were called back to the command post so that law enforcement could secure the area. It was subsequently closed to all traffic.

Zehnle is tanned, has short, shaggy, blond hair, blue eyes, and a small chip on one of her front teeth. She was wearing a light-colored T-shirt, light blue shorts, and flip-flops. She was reportedly walking along the road in search of items to use in crafting wreaths. The dogs that were walking with her returned without her...

As of Friday at noon, Zehnle had not been located...

Martin reported that the shooter had not been found as of Friday at noon, but his department was investigating a couple of people. He said there was nothing at that time to point to a connection between the shooter and the missing woman.

I call that a hinky coincidence. Shooting at firefighters and searchers when looking for a woman missing in mysterious circumstances........i bet they are related

http://fox2now.com/2014/10/09/woman-...awford-county/

The two separated along the roadway and she hasn’t been seen since. Police say Zehnle as a medical condition, but wouldn’t elaborate.
    A lot isn't being said in this case. There is much more than the public is being told.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

I'm baffled that her dogs came home without her. I would think that this points to her being taken by car, otherwise they probably wouldn't leave her.

According to the missing page she has passed away. There are no reasons or anything that happened...I can't find anything in msm about it.

Very sorry to hear this.

Rest in Peace Mary Ellen!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    I call that a hinky coincidence. Shooting at firefighters and searchers when looking for a woman missing in mysterious circumstances........i bet they are related
    ITA! They need to identify that shooter, smh...

On the Steelville FD FB one comment stated they were searching that area because they thought they heard someone screaming for help:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steel...46833135479411

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    This sounds like a medical emergency. The screaming for help bit was probably her hoping somebody would come and find her.

She vanished on the 8th, they heard screaming on the 10th.

That would have been at least 2 days after the searching started.

These guys were just afraid of getting shot at.

Unacceptable.

On Saturday, October 10th, at approximately 1030 a.m., a landowner in the immediate area was setting up deer stands and reported finding a body in a heavily wooded area, approximately 1 to 2 miles from the area of Mary’s disappearance. Detectives with the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene and were able to positively identify the deceased as Mary Ellen Zehnle. A cause of death could not be immediately determined, but further information will be provided pending an autopsy.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...7736d702f.html

The hunter found her body Saturday morning, and she was wearing her flip-flops, a T-shirt and shorts, and still had a blue cloth grocery bag she had been carrying, Struckhoff said.

Crawford County Coroner Paul Hudson said officials are waiting on results of an autopsy to determine her cause of death, but foul play is not suspected. Struckhoff said the coroner told family members Zehnle may have died of exposure, but final results will not be in for six to eight weeks.

Police officials also told the family they also ruled out foul play, she said, though family members haven’t. “I can’t point fingers at anybody,” she said.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...7736d702f.html

The hunter found her body Saturday morning, and she was wearing her flip-flops, a T-shirt and shorts, and still had a blue cloth grocery bag she had been carrying, Struckhoff said.

Crawford County Coroner Paul Hudson said officials are waiting on results of an autopsy to determine her cause of death, but foul play is not suspected. Struckhoff said the coroner told family members Zehnle may have died of exposure, but final results will not be in for six to eight weeks.

Police officials also told the family they also ruled out foul play, she said, though family members haven’t. “I can’t point fingers at anybody,” she said.

bbm - Weird. I would have thought she had a heart attack or stroke or something like that, or if she was attacked, blunt force trauma, stab wounds, or the like. But apparently they have not found any obvious signs for cause of death, instead sent samples for toxicology testing.

It's possible she had a condition that made her faint (low blood sugar, low blood pressure, etc) and she was lying unconscious until she died of exposure.