Identified! TX - Harris Co., Human remains in burlap sack, Jul'95 - Ruth Weibel

I did a half-hearted search for her and came up with this:

http://www.texasmarriagerecords.org/marriage-of-andrew-weibel-and-ruth-dodge.html

At the time, Douglas was thirty-nine years old and Earlene was thirty. If they're both still alive, Douglas is now seventy-nine and Earlene is seventy. And if they're still together, they will have been happily married for forty years.

That seemed too ironic of a link to ignore. It's creepy reading that little word of encouragement.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=27010
Husband confesses to killing wife in '95
By STEVE BREWER
The Houston Chronicle
June 20, 2000

Detectives say nobody missed Ruth Emily Weibel until her sickly 70-year-old husband thought he was facing death and decided to confess to her 1995 slaying.

Now, the unidentified remains found five years ago in a burlap sack have a name, and the Harris County Sheriff's Department "cold case squad" has made another arrest for an all but forgotten killing.

Another thing...

Why in the Hell was she "Identified" just now???

The news story from the other site that I quoted talks about the "identification" of the bones and it was from 2000.

Were they waiting for DNA or something?
Or was DoeNet just super-late in getting the news?

Another thing...

Why in the Hell was she "Identified" just now???

The news story from the other site that I quoted talks about the "identification" of the bones and it was from 2000.

Were they waiting for DNA or something?
Or was DoeNet just super-late in getting the news?

DN mentioned that it was a "tentative" ID on her profile. It is possible that LE was still looking for next of kin.

DN mentioned that it was a "tentative" ID on her profile. It is possible that LE was still looking for next of kin.

I think it has said that for a while. The husband confessed to killing her and described the remains. That's what I don't understand, them not considering her identified back in 2000.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back