1261 users online (217 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Boy, 11, stabbed baby nephew for bugging him during playstation game

An 11-year-old boy stabbed his baby nephew in the stomach after the infant's crying disrupted his PlayStation game.

The boy told police that in the minutes before the incident he had kept "dying" as he played the game, based on the cartoon characters The Incredibles, in his bedroom. The crying made him feel like "an erupting volcano''.

He paused the game and went to get a kitchen knife to repair a toy. Then he went into the baby's bedroom and stabbed him in his carry cot. The blade broke and he hid the knife under a television cabinet.

Yesterday the boy, dressed in a black suit, white shirt and purple tie, sat beside his father at Hull Crown Court and denied attempted murder on Dec 15 last year. He also denied wounding with intent and wounding.

Gary Burrell, QC, said the incident happened at a time when the family was under strain. The boy's sister was in hospital and their mother was looking after the baby as well as her own children.

Having always been "the baby of the family", he felt pushed out.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/

I HATE those video games! My grandson (8) and his father play those things all the time. I think they encourage violence as well as rob children of outdoor play time that keeps them healthy. Grrrrrrrrr

That's scary. My son gets mad when I talk to him while he is playing.
    Just my opinion of course!!

MY son gets annoyed while playing and the game gets turned off.

Thats is no games that day.

I was a horrible mother. I refused to buy those games, we never have had a Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, Gameboy, or whatever they are called. I told my children that we were not going to be like the other families. I live in the country so we are unable to get cable, and I refuse to pay for a satalite, we get 3 channels. Sure I miss the food network, discovery, a & e, and a few others, but the advantages outweight the disadvantages. My son is 19 healthy, sensitive, and active. It did not hurt him one bit. And my daughter could care less about tv. To this day, if they want to watch something on tv that we cant get, they go to their grandfathers house which is 3 minutes away to watch it. When my children went into high school I adopted a new slogan--Less is best(speaking about material possessions), unless it comes to clothes, and more will never make you look like a _hore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    That's scary. My son gets mad when I talk to him while he is playing.
    Next time it happens, suggest he turn it off until you are through talking to him. Might change his attitude a bit.

When did this behavior (talk to the hand, etc) start popping into polite company? Where do children get the idea they can just dismiss an adult if they don't want to listen? Things sure were different when I was a kid. Had I gotten a 'tude' when a parent/adult spoke to me; I could have expected the back of their hand in return.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Txmom
    I was a horrible mother. I refused to buy those games, we never have had a Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, Gameboy, or whatever they are called. I told my children that we were not going to be like the other families. I live in the country so we are unable to get cable, and I refuse to pay for a satalite, we get 3 channels. Sure I miss the food network, discovery, a & e, and a few others, but the advantages outweight the disadvantages. My son is 19 healthy, sensitive, and active. It did not hurt him one bit. And my daughter could care less about tv. To this day, if they want to watch something on tv that we cant get, they go to their grandfathers house which is 3 minutes away to watch it. When my children went into high school I adopted a new slogan--Less is best(speaking about material possessions), unless it comes to clothes, and more will never make you look like a _hore.
    Txmom, you were not a horrible mother if only for those reasons listed. I dare say, these games and t.v. robs most children of a fun and interactive life. That is interacting with other humans. I cherish those days of hide, go seek, kick the can, captain may I, softball, waterballoon fights. Just the other day we experience a beautiful sunset that took me back to those summer evenings and what a memory it was.

It's no wonder that we see so many criminals with anti social traits.
    -