CA - Richard Daly, 30, brutally murdered, Lawndale, 21 July 1997

zwiebel

Reaction score
Susan Marie Mellen, 59, walked free from a Torrance county courthouse Friday after a judge overturned her conviction. She had already served 17 years of a life without parole sentence for supposedly orchestrating the murder of a housemate, Richard Daly.

Mellen was convicted solely on the witness testimony of June Patti, who the judge branded an habitual liar, with a known history of providing false tips to police. She died in 2006.

A man has since been jailed for Richard Daly's murder, and another man who witnessed it took and passed a polygraph after insisting Susan Mellen was not present. Her children have grown up without her and never told a soul that their mom was serving life for murder. She now has a grandchild.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/n...f4d-5b99-52c3-b43c-2f1473488d52.html?mode=jqm

Read this on the news earlier was going to post, but I am new here and thought it might have already been posted. I am so happy that the real perpetrator of this crime is now serving time. That poor woman missed her kids growing up, she missed out on a whole 17 years, cannot even begin to imagine how she must be feeling. I hope she can get privacy from the media and heal in her own time. Bless her.

First of all, Susan should never have been convicted based upon the testimony of one witness. To anyone ever serving on a jury, recall the photo of this woman after spending 17 years in prison. She is 59 years old, however, sadly she appears to be at least 10 years older. Thankfully she is free now, but nothing can bring back those 17 years she spent wrongfully convicted of murder.

Bless her.

:justice:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23