Baby trapped under Dad's body for three days in LA

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 10-month-old baby in Pleasant Hill, LA, is believed to have been trapped under her father's dead body for up to three days. Jason Fields, who had a 'known medical condition' and is thought to have had a cardiac arrest, fell backwards onto the bed where she was laying. Authorities were not alerted until an older sibling went to neighbors for help.

The father lived alone with the children and the oldest is only 4 or 5. The home was very hot and the baby had suffered injuries when she was rescued, Friday. She was airlifted to the hospital and her current condition is unknown.

http://www.kait8.com/story/26763186/infant-rescued-from-beneath-dead-father

Very sad...I hope the baby, and the rest of the kids, are ok.

I'm surprised the older child made it 3 days without going for help. How scary for him/her.

What's the correct abbreviation for Louisiana, anyone?

"The baby was trapped between his body and the headboard.

snip

The infant was expected to make a full recovery after being taken to LSU Medical Center in Shreveport, La."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/betty-...urvives-days-trapped-under-dead-dad-1.2796513

Thank God! The poor little thing! Was dehydrated but able to breath. The room had 37 degrees Celsius. I guess help came just in time. I'm surprised she made it for 3 days. Maybe the 5 y/o brother gave her something to drink?

What's the correct abbreviation for Louisiana, anyone?

I was taught L.A. is Los Angeles and LA is Louisiana. La used to be used for Louisiana but was changed at some point. I think it had to do with the postal service. I live in Louisiana.

Thank you for the info folks. The parish bit of the address did make me stop and think, just not enough to realize my mistake!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back