1263 users online (229 members and 1034 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    N: I'm not saying OP was not involved in charitable events, just saying it's a matter of course for athletes?

VZ concedes it is commonplace for athletes.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

OP was only added in June when he was invited to attend the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    No idea where Nel is going with this. I'm assuming he's trying to dismiss Van Zyl's testimony as basically a fabricated curriculum vitae for OP with all the work that he's stated OP done but never actually done.
    .. yes, that is what he is trying to do .. he is also trying to get across that OP is not indispensable, as Vz is trying to make out that he is.. Nel is trying to get across that these charities are doing perfectly ok without OP now, other athletes are involved and they don't actually need Pistorius. Also that most of the stuff Vz has highlighted about Pistorius's work is nothing over and above what any other ordinary person would've done.

I don't think Milady is getting any of this stuff though ..

N: OP was invited to become a United Nations goodwill ambassador.

I think Nel is labouring the points way to long. I think the court (as well as the audience, including us) is fully aware what Nel is correctly doing and he should move on.

Cruella is doing a lot of whispering....
    Fuelled by Bombay Sapphire

Talking about international Inspiration charity now.

VZ: The reason why OP was only added in June was because he's only just competed in Olympics...they wanted to elevate it to the next level..
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Now we are talking about Oakley campaign (Pistoirus is sponsared by Oakley sunglasses meaning he would be presumably committed to this campaign contractually) at that each athlete would nominate a specific charity that they would give funds too.

Pistorius choose: ‘Impossible to Possible’ which was one of Oakley’s suggestions. The athlete was too busy to reply which means and Oakley made the choice. Nel calls this 'being busy' an “excuse.”

Nel wants to stress to Van Zyl that’s it’s a matter of choice for most athletes will be involved in charity, this is not special to Pistorius.
    Van Zyl agrees, states high profile athletes use their “leverage” for charity.

Nel doesn't want to deal with every page. He came across duplications of pages, and letters.

Nel mentions the invitation for OP to be a goodwill ambassador, that many people are asked to be that.

Nel says he's going to move on. I think that's fortunate because he seems to be floundering to me?

Not sure if Roux or is bored or tired. He has been yawning and rubbing his face. Maybe he has been burning the midnight oil.

Nel taking a min to read up.

Where's Lois P? On tusk duty?

I'm not convinced that continuing this line of questioning for so long is productive.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-jay View Post
    .. yes, that is what he is trying to do .. he is also trying to get across that OP is not indispensable, as Vz is trying to make out that he is.. Nel is trying to get across that these charities are doing perfectly ok without OP now, other athletes are involved and they don't actually need Pistorius. Also that most of the stuff Vz has highlighted about Pistorius's work is nothing over and above what any other ordinary person would've done.

I don't think Milady is getting any of this stuff though ..
    Thanks for the explanation! I never even thought of that aspect of it but you're absolutely spot on! Plus this foundation isn't even up and running so he can't say that a charity that he was in charge of would collapse if he was jailed.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast