1064 users online (233 members and 831 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Tapatalk issues

Hi all, I had a problem with logging in and a lovely Mod reset my password for me, which works perfectly well now and I can log onto the desktop site with no problems.

However, I can't log on using tapatalk at all, and I use tapatalk for 99% of my interaction with the site. Does anyone know why my password doesn't work on tapatalk? How can I get back to using it, does anyone know?

Thank you in advance!
    Using Tapatalk

Try to log into the web version first, then open tapatalk.

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, if I try to log in to tapatalk with my username, it says the account doesn't exist. If I try to log in using my email address, it says that the email or password is wrong
    Using Tapatalk

The same thing happened to me earlier. I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it, it's working fine for me now.

Okay I'll try that, thank you.
    Using Tapatalk

Deleted and reinstalled tapatalk, but still getting the same error message. Using the desktop site is driving me potty! It takes ages to navigate
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jslk View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sadly, if I try to log in to tapatalk with my username, it says the account doesn't exist. If I try to log in using my email address, it says that the email or password is wrong

I am not a tapatalk user so forgive me if I come across as ignorant. Is your difficulty in logging into the tapatalk app or the actual forum? It is my understanding that both must be logged into, so I am a bit confused which is giving you the problem.

I'm starting to think it must be a specific issue with tapatalk. It just won't sign me in, when I try to sign in I get an error message saying my password is wrong... Atm I just can't see a way round it, I might have to make a new ID to use! Maybe I'll try to get hold of some tapatalk support? Thanks for your reply
    Using Tapatalk

I use Tapatalk and I think you might have an app problem.

Just a guess ...

I wonder if you have to update your Tapatalk "Profile" on your phone with your new password???

ETA: I've notice there have been a couple of updates to the Tapatalk app recently. Make sure you've got the latest version.
    MOO

Omg! I'm back with tapatalk... False alarm! I chose to 'sign in using Facebook' and when it had done that it took me straight to my forums with no need to sign in so I think I'm sorted now... Thank you everyone for your replies!
    Using Tapatalk

Good deal! I was sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how that could be happening. Glad you got it worked out!

I don't remember giving facebook permission to use the app but I suppose I must have done!
    Using Tapatalk