1029 users online (194 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Krista Dorsey, 15, Liberty County, 20 Aug 2005

She is 14, and I am not sure why of the missing status, probably because an adult male is involved.

Krista was last seen on June 30, 2005. She may be in the company of an adult male. Krista may be traveling in a white 4 door Ford F250 pickup truck. When the child was last seen she was wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, and black and white flip flops.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/425/34/

Amber Alert issued for missing Liberty Co. teen

ABC13 Eyewitness News
    7/08/05

An Amber Alert is out for a 14-year-old Liberty County girl who investigators believe is in Houston.

Krista Leigh Dorsey disappeared more than a week ago from Cleveland. She was first reported as a runaway, but now Liberty County sheriff's deputies feel she's in danger.

She took off on her own with 27-year-old Alfredo Navarro Tristan, a distant relative. Tristan has an extensive criminal record in Harris County.

The two were seen in a white Ford truck, possibly headed to Houston. She was last seen wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, and white and black flip flops. Her toenails are painted black and she has a green naval ring.

If you can help with details, call the Liberty County sheriff's department at 936-336-4500[/b].

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/070...cal_amber.html

Quote Originally Posted by fourboys
    Amber Alert issued for missing Liberty Co. teen

ABC13 Eyewitness News
    7/08/05

An Amber Alert is out for a 14-year-old Liberty County girl who investigators believe is in Houston.

Krista Leigh Dorsey disappeared more than a week ago from Cleveland. She was first reported as a runaway, but now Liberty County sheriff's deputies feel she's in danger.

She took off on her own with 27-year-old Alfredo Navarro Tristan, a distant relative. Tristan has an extensive criminal record in Harris County.

The two were seen in a white Ford truck, possibly headed to Houston. She was last seen wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, and white and black flip flops. Her toenails are painted black and she has a green naval ring.

If you can help with details, call the Liberty County sheriff's department at 936-336-4500[/b].

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/070...cal_amber.html
    That clarifies the missing status. Thanks for the added info. Fourboys.

She returned home, and the Amber Alert was cancelled, and then she ran away from home again in August.

Remains presumedly belonging to her were found Sept. 10, when a woman reported that her dog found a human skull.

Sad story.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3358534

Thanks for the update. I had no idea she ran away again.
    Sad news.

fourboys

What a terribly sad story.

I wonder why this little girl kept running away. I looked at her picture and her eyes look so sad....depressed...empty of any joy or life. So darn sad. I hope LE find the person that did this to her.

$10,000 Reward ~ Krista

Krista Leigh Dorsey's family is offering a $10,000 Reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those involved in her disappearance. Tips can be emailed to: kristaleighdorsey@yahoo.com and anonymous tips can be sent in on the form at the bottom of the first page of her website:

There are indicators of foul play and the family is very serious about protecting the identity of persons giving tips. Please help to spread the word about the reward and how to submit tips.

The rumors are running wild in these woods but actual facts are few. Anything you might know could be crucial to solving this mystery.

So were the remains found in September Krista's?

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    She returned home, and the Amber Alert was cancelled, and then she ran away from home again in August. Remains presumedly belonging to her were found Sept. 10, when a woman reported that her dog found a human skull. Sad story. http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3358534
    She's deceased.

Are remains Krista's

Human remains were found in the woods on Pin Oak Road (Cleveland, TX) on September 10, 2005. Two bracelets believed to be Krista Leigh Dorsey's were found near by. She was also wearing a black leather watch and a sterling silver ring with a round black onyx stone which were not found.

To date the Liberty County Sheriff's Department assumes the remains are Krista's. However, there is at least one other teenage girl missing in that area about the same time. The last time Krista was on her cell phone was 2pm August 21, the other teenager went missing August 23.

The forensic dentist that the Sheriff's Department is waiting on to try to make a positive ID from the 3 (three) teeth in the skull is tied up in New Orleans helping with the Hurricane Katrina victims. Meanwhile, the family waits and the sheriff's department is no longer looking for Krista.

A tip submitted to Krista's website suggested we locate what tower her cell phone was last used from. I made a call to the family and they will check it out tomorrow (Monday, October 24, 2005). If Krista's cell phone was last used in any area other than Cleveland, there is a good chance she is still alive. If it was last used in the Cleveland area, the Sheriff could be right about the remains being hers. In that case we have a murder to solve.

Well what's being done about testing the remains to see if they're hers or not?! There's no mention of that anywhere.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

The Liberty County Sheriff's Department said there would be no autopsy and no DNA testing done. They are eager to close this matter and no one is presently looking for Krista. No alert went out from the authorities when Krista went missing August 20, 2005. They considered her a runaway. Any 15 (barely 15) year old runaway is endangered but they did not treat it as such. Check Krista's website http://home.earthlink.net/~kristadorsey/

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dragon Lady
    The Liberty County Sheriff's Department said there would be no autopsy and no DNA testing done. They are eager to close this matter and no one is presently looking for Krista. No alert went out from the authorities when Krista went missing August 20, 2005. They considered her a runaway. Any 15 (barely 15) year old runaway is endangered but they did not treat it as such. Check Krista's website http://home.earthlink.net/~kristadorsey/

What do they mean that there will be no autopsy and no DNA testing done? Why not? Are they so eager to close this case that they aren't going to make a definate ID on this person? This isn't making any sense to me. Can they legally do that? Krista's family need to know one way or the other.

I understand that they believed Krista to be a runaway especially after she came home and took off again BUT she is just a kid and like you said...endangered no matter if she left on her own or not. I hope that wasn't her and that she headed back to... was it Houston? That must be where her mom and her friends are. I'm curious as to why she was living with her dad when she ran twice? I would gather it wasn't by her choice. Maybe some problems between mom and Krista...teens can be a handful and especially if you are a single parent.

If I were Krista's dad and the LE told me that they weren't going to bother to ID this body that was found I would raise the roof right off of the police department. Do they think they know who it is without DNA or an autopsy?
    This is really a puzzle...don't you think?

[QUOTE=Bobbisangel]What do they mean that there will be no autopsy and no DNA testing done? Why not? Are they so eager to close this case that they aren't going to make a definate ID on this person? This isn't making any sense to me. Can they legally do that? Krista's family need to know one way or the other.

I agree..I thought autopsy was done automatically on any suspicious death.

This is too strange...can not believe it is a matter of expense..how much can this cost????? can private funds be used???

HOW CAN WE HELP???? letters. e-mails, funding....hooking up with doe network....

PLease, this is somebody..with a name, missed and loved by family and friends. I can't comprehend this

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast