Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topix.

If you haven't looked at Topix regarding this case, you might want to take a peek. You can use your brower's search engine and put in Holly's name and Topix and you'll be there. Last time I looked, there were over 7000 posts regarding this case. Some of the comments are in line with the arrests, and many (from prior) have been completely inaccurate. There's gossip, rumor, speculation and fact. How do we discern one from the other? We can't. And that's why we don't allow Topix to be a source link.

For those of us who are reading over there, please remember that when we post here, we need to keep our information focused on MSM and LE information. That's just how we roll on Websleuths.
:tyou:

5328511_orig.jpg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...ANa-6uKtETVnwHfDuAw4r3eg&ust=1394949221840959

:tyou: Fran and Mods !

:tyou: Amanda for keeping up the Case Archive !

:please: for Holly and the Bobo Family !

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

My opinions only, no facts here:

In the post I made a couple of days ago, I pointed out that the younger brother of the main suspect may have learning disabilities and a low IQ, based upon his own relatives' statements. I tend to believe this because the same relatives are NOT making these claims about the original main suspect (the older brother). I personally believe that due to his mental state, the younger brother is the weakest-link in the chain, and he is the one you go after aggressively for a confession.

First we have the reported confession and then an indictment. Why a Grand Jury in a confession situation? My read is that the system generally works this way: after receiving a confession in the interrogation room, the authorities pursue a Grand Jury indictment, followed by a formal court appearance where the suspect (hopefully) pleads Guilty at arraignment. But, if the suspect shows up in court at arraignment and now pleads Not Guilty, then we will be back to where we started.

Because the younger brother of the main suspect may be a weak witness, and because the legal landscape is littered with false confessions, I would reason that the authorities intend to prove in later trials that the younger brother is telling the truth, via collected DNA evidence or other equally compelling physical evidence. Do they possess this evidence yet? Who can tell?

Sleuth On!

dog.gone.cute;
<snipped>

From today's Jackson Sun:

Through information developed over the course of the investigation, TBI agents learned last month that 26-year old John Dylan Adams of Holladay disposed of items he knew to be of evidentiary value to the case, the agency said. Adams was arrested and charged with tampering with evidence. Additionally, on September 17, 2014, Adams admitted to TBI agents that he was involved in the forcible rape of Holly Bobo on April 13, 2011, at the address of 235 Adams Lane in Holliday, TN, in Decatur County.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...case/17250561/

So TBI wasted no time -- they were back at the Adams property the day after Dylan admitted to rape.

<snipped>

First we have the reported confession and then an indictment. Why a Grand Jury in a confession situation?
<snipped>
Sleuth On!

My post to dog.gone.cute and Mr.Noratak,
From reading several sources my interpretation is the District Attorney didn't reveal the entire statement made on Sept 17th. Instead he waited for the Grand Jury indictment to announce all of Dylan's statement. My understanding is if John Dylan Adams decided to recant any of his Sept 17th statements made to TBI; his Grand Jury testimony would still be admissible at trial. People with knowledge of Grand Jury proceedings please correct me if I am wrong.Thanks. MOO

In the post I made a couple of days ago, I pointed out that the younger brother of the main suspect may have learning disabilities and a low IQ, based upon his own relatives' statements. I tend to believe this because the same relatives are NOT making these claims about the original main suspect (the older brother). I personally believe that due to his mental state, the younger brother is the weakest-link in the chain, and he is the one you go after aggressively for a confession.

First we have the reported confession and then an indictment. Why a Grand Jury in a confession situation? My read is that the system generally works this way: after receiving a confession in the interrogation room, the authorities pursue a Grand Jury indictment, followed by a formal court appearance where the suspect (hopefully) pleads Guilty at arraignment. But, if the suspect shows up in court at arraignment and now pleads Not Guilty, then we will be back to where we started.

Because the younger brother of the main suspect may be a weak witness, and because the legal landscape is littered with false confessions, I would reason that the authorities intend to prove in later trials that the younger brother is telling the truth, via collected DNA evidence or other equally compelling physical evidence. Do they possess this evidence yet? Who can tell?

Sleuth On!

I wonder if he had legal representation during all of this? I would guess not, so what does that mean?

He was the one who first started the accusations, presumably to get a deal to get out of other charges. The other two have denied the allegations.

The way that it would work is that the prosecution firstly would need him to testify against the other two, which on the face of it appears unlikely if they are charging him as well. Presumably they are pressuring him since it appears that he has been talking to them for some time, but apparently not delivering information that would seal the deal with respect to evidence implicating the other two. My guess is that in the course of this pressure, and under threat of losing his special deal on other charges, he volunteered additional information without a lawyer in the hopes of convincing them to believe him. This additional information implicated him first in disposing of evidence, and then shortly after in rape. It is hard to believe that he would do this on purpose, and if he really does have a low IQ he could have dug a hole for himself while trying to implicate the brothers to get his deal.

So I think there is going to be a big credibility problem with these statements he is supposed to have made. To get around that the prosecutor will have to find corroborating evidence, which they presumably have still not found. This gets us back to the issue of the prosecutions case likely being weak, and primarily based on what DA has said at various times. As things stand the only real evidence they would be able to take to court is what DA says, what that other fellow says, and what that woman claimed to have seen on the video. But all of these people are apparently unreliable in the sense that their allegations have not yielded corroboration. And because they are all being charged (except the woman), they have no incentive to testify on behalf of the prosecution anyway. It all seems like a huge mess for the prosecution.

Without corroboration IMO the other two brothers will not be convicted if they continue to deny the accusations, and it may end up being that the only person who goes to prison is DA on the Holly charges.

dog.gone.cute;
<snipped>

From today's Jackson Sun:

Through information developed over the course of the investigation, TBI agents learned last month that 26-year old John Dylan Adams of Holladay disposed of items he knew to be of evidentiary value to the case, the agency said. Adams was arrested and charged with tampering with evidence. Additionally, on September 17, 2014, Adams admitted to TBI agents that he was involved in the forcible rape of Holly Bobo on April 13, 2011, at the address of 235 Adams Lane in Holliday, TN, in Decatur County.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...case/17250561/

So TBI wasted no time -- they were back at the Adams property the day after Dylan admitted to rape.

My post to dog.gone.cute and Mr.Noratak,
From reading several sources my interpretation is the District Attorney didn't reveal the entire statement made on Sept 17th. Instead he waited for the Grand Jury indictment to announce all of Dylan's statement. My understanding is if John Dylan Adams decided to recant any of his Sept 17th statements made to TBI; his Grand Jury testimony would still be admissible at trial. People with knowledge of Grand Jury proceedings please correct me if I am wrong.Thanks. MOO

I don't think he gave any grand jury testimony, the charges apparently are based on what he told LE.

If the guy has an IQ of 70, and has been squirreling around with all his allegations for the past year or so before these current charges, the defence attorney is going to have a field day on cross if he is ever used as a witness.

This is just a huge mess IMO. They sure as hell better have corroboration, or it is going to get seriously ugly in court for the prosecution if they take it to trial.

I don't think he gave any grand jury testimony, the charges apparently are based on what he told LE.

Thanks Tugela for your response.

Here is an article from The Jackson Sun,
(Dylan Adams Cousin;is quoted as saying that Dylan did indeed testify before the Grand Jury)
Cousin says Dylan Adams' testimony led to his and his brother's arrest

Jordan Buie, The Jackson Sun 4:13 a.m. CDT October 15, 2014
Relative believes Dylan Adams was manipulated by investigators; TBI says it is working the Holly Bobo case with full regard for the law

<snipped>
She (Griggs)said Dylan began cooperating with authorities on the Bobo case six days before Zach's indictment on March 5. Griggs said the family understood Dylan was supposed to have immunity in the Bobo case for giving the TBI information.

<snipped>

Griggs said Dylan was called before a special grand jury before Zach's arrest and that he testified about what happened at the Adams residence.
Griggs said Dylan was in protective custody in Memphis.
According to federal court documents, Dylan had been in federal custody since Sept. 25, 2013, when he was arrested on gun charges.
But Griggs said Dylan, prior to the TBI contacting him, was working freely in Memphis.
"He was in protective custody of the TBI, specifically Special Agent Jeff Jackson, for his cooperation with the Bobo investigation," she said. "He was supposed to have full immunity from prosecution for any knowledge he may have had."
<snipped>

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...adams-testimony-led-brothers-arrest/17288313/

OMG I didn't see this one coming !

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhit.jpg

A Big Thank You all for the up-dates

I asked on the other thread but it was closed shortly after. Do we know previous jobs held by DA?

If the guy has an IQ of 70, and has been squirreling around with all his allegations for the past year or so before these current charges, the defence attorney is going to have a field day on cross if he is ever used as a witness.

This is just a huge mess IMO. They sure as hell better have corroboration, or it is going to get seriously ugly in court for the prosecution if they take it to trial.

RBBM:

- This allegation of DA having an "IQ of 70" is coming from a "family member."

- There is NO verifiable source that has stated that he has an IQ of 70, such as a professional who is qualified to administer and interpret IQ Tests.

IF anyone has a verifiable source from a professional or LE regarding this allegation, please post the link.

TIA !

RBBM:

- There is NO verifiable source that has stated that he has an IQ of 70, such as a professional who is qualified to administer and interpret IQ Tests.

IF anyone has a verifiable source from a professional or LE regarding this allegation, please post the link.

TIA !

I agree 100% dog.gone.cute..
'Imo, investigators/prosecutors have a treasure trove of evidence and corroborated information, as well as forensics/dna. DNA; "the silent witness's IQ is at the top of the intelligence quotient scale'...
"Gary Leon Ridgway; Green River Serial Killer was tested with an I.Q. of 82, yet is serving LWOP...
DA's IQ is much-a-do about nothing, imo... DA was complicit... An 8 year old child knows that what happened to Holly in ZA's home on 04/13/2011 was inhumane and beyond evil, and could have been prevented with a simple 911 call... jmo

RBBM:

TIA !

I am glad you brought this up as I have posted on this issue a couple of times. As a former teacher, I am very familiar with IDEA requirements. With an IQ in the low 70s, Dylan would not have been eligible for special education services in public school. Also, a special education status would not protect him from any prosecution for crimes that he commits. If the family or a defense attorney wants to claim in a court of law that Dylan is mentally challenged, he/she will have to provide verifiable testing information. If his tested IQ doesn't meet IDEA requirements, then he is not mentally challenged. As teachers, many times we fought long and hard to obtain special education services for a students that doesn't meet the requirements only to be told just that. This cousin is quick to point out that, supposedly, Dylan hasn't had a lawyer present during his interrogations. If this is such a concern of the family, then they should raise hell and insist he have a lawyer. It seems to me they are throwing Dylan under the bus as the instigator of the legal problems for the family ensuing from the abduction, rape, and death of Holly. This is a mindset that could have helped create the monster, IMO, that ZA became.

Added:
Also, I have experienced many parents of IDEA identified special education students go to court before the student turns 18 years of age to become the guardians of the student. This is to insure that these students/children are protected from making decisions of which they are not capable of making an informed decision themselves. Maybe this is what should have been done for Dylan, if he in fact is mentally challenged, instead of leaving him on his own within the sphere of influence of his brother.

Bringing this over from Thread #5 for reference purposes:

These are all the charges/arrests that we know of related to Holly's rape/kidnapping/murder -- so far.

Zachary Adams:
- Charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and First Degree Murder
- Currently in jail

Jason Autry:

- Charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and Murder
- Currently in jail

Dylan Adams:

- Charged with Rape and Tampering with Evidence/Disposal of Evidence
- Currently in jail

Mark Pearcy:

- Charged with Accessory After the Fact and Tampering with Evidence
- Currently in jail

Jeff Pearcy:

- Charged with Accessory After the Fact and Tampering with Evidence
- NOT in jail

Shayne Austin:

- "Immunity Deal" ?
- Whereabouts "unknown"

Relations:

- Zachary, Jason, and Shayne are "BFF's"

- Dylan is Zachary's younger brother.

- Mark Pearcy and Jeff Pearcy are half-brothers.

Below are some MSM links for future reference ... if I missed any, please add to the list ... TIA !

The Jackson Sun:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/

WSMV:

http://www.wsmv.com/

JRN/New Channel 5:

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5

WKRN/ABC:

http://www.wkrn.com/

WREG (Memphis):

http://wreg.com/

Will Nunley Twitter:

https://twitter.com/willnunley