709 users online (133 members and 576 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Shavon, 31, & Richard Fero, 29, & 5 kids, Cheboygan, 12 Oct 2014

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1110043

Pictures at link.

CHEBOYGAN CO -- The Cheboygan County Sheriff's office launches a national investigation to find a family that may have left the state to avoid court action regarding their children.

Deputy Dale Clarmont from Cheboygan County Sheriff's office says that on Oct. 11 Shavon Fero, 31, came to the office saying that she thought her children were being abused by her 29-year-old husband Richard Daniel Fero. Shavon said she wanted to move to a safe house.

After interviews, deputies say they determined that there may be evidence of abuse and Shavon was granted a safe house until further investigation.

The safe house was arranged for Shavon and her children in the Upper Peninsula near family and deputies say that Shavon decided to drive herself and her children to the home.

The sheriff's office says that deputies then talked with Richard and he denied the allegations of child abuse.

On Oct. 12, deputies reported the Shavon's family did not arrive at the safe house. According to the sheriff's office, Shavon had contact with her husband Richard which deputies say she then decided to reunite with him. Further investigation has lead to the belief that Shavon met with Richard voluntarily and that they have left the state to avoid court action with their children.

"The prosecutor reviewed this case and issued a warrant on Richard Fero for felonious assault and child abuse with regards to the children, at this time we believe Shavon went with Richard willingly but we still have concerns for her and the welfare of the children," commented Sheriff Dale Clarmont.

"We have made contact with other jurisdictions with possible destinations and have issued a national be on the look out, listing the children as endangered. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is also involved in attempting to locate the family," said Clarmont.

The sheriff's office says that Shavon was last seen driving a 1996 dark green Dodge minivan with a Michigan plate of DDU 3309.

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of the Fero family, contact your local police department or the Cheboygan County Sheriff's Department at (231) 627-3155.

Here is a link to a FB page dedicated to finding Shavon and the children https://www.facebook.com/find.shavon

I hope those children are ok. I found the mothers FB and they look so happy in all the pictures. It's sad because children don't have a choice they go where you take them..

I know, the whole situation is sad, especially because we don't know for sure that Shavon went willingly with her husband. I think story is a bit confusing and I just hope it has a happy ending.

Very scary. The children are adorable and look happy and healthy on the FB pictures. And she seems like a great mom. Lots of recipes and pix of good food. Pix of the kids at birthday parties etc. So heartbreaking to consider what is happening now. Hopes and prayers going out now.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Oh dear. Please let this family be found safe.

This is my first post. I too hope......

Thumbs up Cheboygan County family found in Florida, husband arrested

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1110443

CHEBOYGAN -- A family from Michigan that was reported missing on Wednesday has been found in Florida after a national search was launched by the Cheboygan County Sheriff's Office.

According to Sheriff Dale Clarmont, Richard Fero was arrested at a relative's home in Fort Meyers, Florida around 4:30 a.m. on Thursday. Shavon Fero, Richard's wife, and their five children were found with Richard.

The prosecutor issued a warrant for Richard Fero for felonious assault and child abuse. The warrant was issued because Shavon Fero thought her children were being abused by her husband Richard.

The sheriff's office says the children were taken into protective custody in Florida and are arranging for the kids to be taken back to Cheboygan.

Sheriff Clarmont says the involvement of Shavon in this case is under investigation. Richard will be arraigned in Florida and will be extradited back to Michigan on charges issued by the Cheboygan County Prosecutor.

Thank the Lord!! So glad those kids are safe!