696 users online (105 members and 591 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

Continue discussion here...

1) Blogs must be approved before posting.
    2) Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.
    3) Posts about the political aspects need to be taken to the designated area on the forum.
    4) Post responsibly by linking to information.
    5) Keep information relevant to the disease and steer away from bashing victims, conspiracy theories and race.

Please adhere to the guidelines above or you may find yourself looking in from the outside for a brief time period.

Mod note: There were an excessive amount of alerts today. Read the guidelines and 'thank' this post to indicate you have read them. Continued infractions will result in time-outs.

@wfaalauren: .@CDCgov tells me Amber Vinson called to tell them she had a 99.5 temp but no other #ebola symptoms & they said she could board plane #wfaa
    Just striving to be average.

I don't know how to bring this over from the last thread - it is reported by CNN that Nurse Vinson did call CDC about flying and was told it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post
    @wfaalauren: .@CDCgov tells me Amber Vinson called to tell them she had a 99.5 temp but no other #ebola symptoms & they said she could board plane #wfaa
    This makes no sense at all to me. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be better to err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    This makes no sense at all to me.........
    That's because it does not make any sense.

CDC guidelines: Exposure to ebola patient, + symptoms = need for isolation.

What a cluster!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the nurses in Texas do not have a union to back them up. There is no union in Louisiana either.
    Hopefully we will see changes in the future. BTW nurses that walk out in Texas are almost certain to be terminated and will probably be black balled in the business. I am so glad to be retired.

As nurses, we are not going to take it anymore!!!

Someone should be fired. This nurse phoned to report her condition. JMO

FOX 5 Atlanta@FOX5Atlanta 9m9 minutes ago
    LIVE STREAM: Awaiting Texas healthcare in Atlanta for Ebola treatment: http://youtu.be/i6-i_pNFbsg #DEVELOPING #FOX5LIVE

CNN also said her Ebola is more advanced than the 1st nurse

CARIIS is online now Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    I am reposting this. It is important IMO> MEdia has been bashing poor nurse who is sick, sperated and worried about her doggie, flying away from home. IMO its wrong.

She called CBC prior to getting to on plane and they told her it was fine per CNN.

We all have been following this from beginning - does anyone recall being "monitored" really means the same thing as quarentine - cant ride bus subway get on plane. If that were true (that is what monitoring mean) then it is a soft word for quarentine.

If one cant get on plane - in that logic the supermarket etc etc too. I am not saying I beleive that,IMO they are scaring people to death .

IMO she did what a pro should do, once she started she took her responsilites. What does the media think she should have done - based on info given her''

That is the whole mess with this - not the virus--would anyone get "lost" if I gave directions like this:

At the first light take right
    go a mile
    no at first light take left
    go a mile
    make a right
    no go 2 miles
    bla bla!

NO MORE DOGGIE MURDERS!

What kind of thermometer did the nurse use to take her own temperature? There's always a margin of error depending on how it's taken and I'm sure the nurse knew that. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    FOX 5 Atlanta@FOX5Atlanta 9m9 minutes ago
    LIVE STREAM: Awaiting Texas healthcare in Atlanta for Ebola treatment: http://youtu.be/i6-i_pNFbsg #DEVELOPING #FOX5LIVE
    I hope Nurse Vinson recovers. I will pray for her.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post
    Oh my Heavens. What a circus the CDC is. Unbelievable.

All I know is, here in Cleveland, it got really crazy really fast. I am typing this as they are reporting it live on WEWS: Channel 5, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Metro Hospital, and University Hospitals ALL had nurses on the flight to DFW with AV. They were headed to a nursing conference. All of these nurses have now been put on paid leave as a precaution.

It's been wall to wall news coverage today, non-stop. Press conference from the Cleveland Mayor and Board of Health, Akron Mayor and Board of Health, I heard an interview with Sen. Sherrod Brown, a statement from Sen. Rob Portman, a statement from Governor Kasich, a Kent State press conference, etc., etc., etc. Mostly people here seem shocked, but not panicked. Some of my nurse friends are on edge, but ready to do their jobs if the need arises.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast