725 users online (98 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Heather Ann Willms, Leon Valley/Bexar County, 2005

Whenever I went to visit my mothers grave I would always place a flower on Heather Willm's grave. Since I did not know her and I am not related, I don't know much about the case. The murder happened in her apartment and it was violent, which shocks me that her murderer was never captured. I spoke to a male friend of hers who was visiting her grave and at that time, he refused to give DNA. I found out later this individual was removed as a suspect. Her murder will always upset me until the person her murdered is captured and punished. I don't want her to be forgotten

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRa...ls.aspx?&id=55
    Heather Ann Willms, a 21 year old white female, was a 2001 graduate of O'Connor High School. She had attended college at San Antonio College and Texas Lutheran University. She had five siblings and was well liked by many friends. She was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church in Helotes. On Monday, 02-21-2005, Heather failed to show up for work as a waitress at Champs Americana Restaurant. Her friends subsequently located her inside her residence in Leon Valley during the early morning hours of Tuesday, 02-22-2005. Heather had been brutally murdered.

I did some research on her case-and there's hardly anything out there. I am very familiar with Leon Valley-some of my closest relatives live/have lived there. My concern in this case is the size of the investigating law enforcement agency -which from what I have read-is the Leon Valley Police Department. Did some research there too. They have only 17 police officers. The website for their police department is very barren-not much to look at, so I am not sure about their number of robbery-homicide detectives. And I checked crime stats for 2005-there were only 2 murders that year, even though San Antonio had many, many more. I wonder how in-depth her murder was investigated?
    You mentioned you didn't know her but you spoke to a male friend visiting her grave etc. I am wondering if you called LVPD and reported the guy visiting her grave? Is that how you found out the guy is not a suspect?
    I also found that Champs is no longer open in that area? http://www.yelp.com/biz/champps-americana-san-antonio
    The anniversary of her death will be coming up in a few short months. Maybe you can contact media and ask them to run a cold-case story on her.

From reading her obit and news stories she seemed very bright and accomplished, as well as beautiful. I hope something will break in her case.

Here is some more recent media on her:

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/loca...6/25/10381580/

If you have any information on the case call Crime Stoppers at 210-224-STOP. You could earn up to $5,000 if that information leads to an arrest.
    She was stabbed to death with no sign of forced entry. It would be interesting to see the file. It is interesting that her friends went to her house-friends from the place where she worked?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

What a beautiful young woman with virtually no press on her slaying.

No visible sign of forced entry? I think this rules out strangers or even acquaintances.

I used to think the term "getting away with murder" was stupid since no one really gets away with it right? But looking at these cold cases makes me realize I'm wrong.

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

I think this is a solvable crime, at least on the surface but maybe hope springs eternal with me. I would love to know more such as who the friends were who went to find her-friends from work? Does the crime have similarities to other crimes? KWIM??

I wonder if we could get some media interested in the area.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I also wish there was more info about this cold case. Did the police question everyone she knew, ex-bf's etc... No sign of forced entry leaves me to believe she knew her killer. Do they have a motive? Was there anything missing from the apartment? So many questions, such little coverage. R.I.P beautiful intelligent Heather.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I think this is a solvable crime, at least on the surface but maybe hope springs eternal with me. I would love to know more such as who the friends were who went to find her-friends from work? Does the crime have similarities to other crimes? KWIM??

I wonder if we could get some media interested in the area.
    Right. Bottom line is, SOMEONE knows something, but without a push, no one is going to feel motivated to talk, sadly. Maybe we could track down some local news sources and see if they'd be interested? If many of us push at the same time, perhaps...

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

Heather Willm's

From what the guy told me at the cemetery the boyfriend was questioned. But i do not know the facts. The Texas Rangers were handling the case and I believe the San Antonio Homicide department took over from there. I did go speak to the Leon Valley Police department and Raymond Roberts from the San Antonio homicide department. I think the person I spoke to at the graveyard was cleared as a suspect. I do not know my rights when obtaining these records and i felt like i might be prying, since i did not know her or her family. Maybe if the family created a Facebook page and invited all her friends she knew.. perhaps someone would talk. I wish i knew how to scrub the net using keywords to websites that are not spidered by Google or other search engines to try and find conversions. I wish there was ALLOT MORE coverage about her murder. Knowing someone did get away with this makes me very sad and sick!
    Last edited by Damnit_Charlie; 03-07-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: adding to comment

yes, I spoke to them

I think its totally solvable. I'm shocked this hasn't been solved
    Last edited by Damnit_Charlie; 03-07-2015 at 10:22 AM.

I was hoping her parents; friends or relatives would see this and get involved. No, Leon Valley doesn't have much crime. From what I was told she left her sliding door opened and her friends knew about this. There was one other random murder not far from Leon Valley that happened several years after's Heather Willms but he was caught. I’m assuming the person who murdered Heather Willm’s knew she kept her sliding door unlocked at the apartment where she lived. I don’t think anyone heard her screaming either which is very odd. Let me find the news article of the other murder. http://www.kens5.com/story/local/2015/03/07/10640982/

Quote Originally Posted by Sinead1989 View Post
    I also wish there was more info about this cold case. Did the police question everyone she knew, ex-bf's etc... No sign of forced entry leaves me to believe she knew her killer. Do they have a motive? Was there anything missing from the apartment? So many questions, such little coverage. R.I.P beautiful intelligent Heather.
    I'm hoping Heather Willm's relatives will see this and answer questions
    Last edited by Damnit_Charlie; 03-09-2015 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added victims name

I haven't kept up with Heather Graham and the idiot that killed her. I did just read how the judge allowed some of criminal records to be open. I'm horrible at navigating through forums. Did the judge allow all the video footage to become public? In my opinion, this is where the average citizen could help out by watching the footage very closely and catching credible evidence that the homicide department might have missed. I hope the Virginia police department made every business give them their video footage or just asked all business's because it's hard to believe that every video didn't reveal something extremely incriminating. The homicide department doesn't have the time to watch all footage over and over again but I could and so could you. If you have the time, watch the Kelsey Smith murder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdsSNuwpLRU and you will see what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinead1989 View Post

Thankfully Heather Willms case has not been completely forgotten by Jenny Collier from Kens. However her murder deserves national coverage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast