South Korea 'Many dead' at 4Minute concert

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'Many dead' in collapse at South Korea 4Minute concert (BBC)

At least 14 people are feared dead in an accident at a pop concert in Seongnam, south of Seoul in South Korea, according to media reports.

A ventilation grate collapsed and a group of concert-goers fell 20 metres (65ft) into an underground parking area. Many were left badly injured.

The crowds had been watching an outdoor performance by the popular Korean girl band 4Minute.
---
more at Beeb link above

What a tragedy - so sad. I've always had a slight phobia of walking on grates for this very reason.

"A South Korean official handling safety measures at a concert where 16 people died apparently committed suicide hours after the tragedy, authorities said Saturday.

The death of the 37-year-old local government official, surnamed Oh, was announced as South Korean police launched an investigation into Friday's incident at an outdoor pop concert in the city of Seongnam.

"I am sorry for the dead victims... Please take a good care of my children", he wrote in a short message to his wife, according to officials."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...suicide-after-16-die-in-concert-accident.html

"And sorrow like an undertow kept tending."

How awful... and the suicide just compounds it. Young people just out having a good time and it ends in such tragedy.

The grate doesn't look like something anybody should have been standing on (let alone 16 people).
Actually, 20-30 people were standing on the grate, according to one article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back