10-17-2014, 09:38 PM #1On Time Out
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
OR - Erin Reynolds, 16, raped & murdered, Beaverton, 21 Feb 1990
Man, 40, who brutally raped and strangled high school classmate
24 years ago is released from prison amid victim's family's protests
• Conrad Engweiler left the Oregon State Correctional Institution early Thursday after being cleared by the parole board for release last month
• During parole hearings, he said prison time had made him remorseful but his victim's family has long argued that he remains a threat to society
• He was 15 when he raped and strangled Erin Tonna Reynolds, 16, in Beaverton, Oregon and dumped her body behind his father's home
• The pair met at school and briefly dated before Erin ended the relationship
• She had suffered from childhood cancer and doctors had told her she was cancer-free just days before she was murdered
Whattaya think on this one?
10-17-2014, 09:58 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Hmmm. Pretty heinous/vicious murder. 24 yrs. Prison-trained adulthood.
Scary that he's on the street.
10-18-2014, 01:03 AM #3
TOS doesn't allow me to express what I am really feeling about this one.
Those eyes of his tell me volumes.....doesn't look well at all. I doubt he's received the kind of psych treatment that could have benefitted him..JMHO
Hope that the victim's family stays safe.Just My Opinion
10-18-2014, 08:11 PM #4
Ummm, 24 years later, Erin Reynolds is still dead.
Where do they get all the bleeding-hearts? If only parole board positions were volunteer... me! me!
This is news in Atlanta. Both guys have previously served time for killing.
Fulton DA says kidnapper-killers need to die for lifetimes of mayhem
District Attorney Paul Howard said the two men killed at least seven people in Fulton County alone. Atlanta police expect to tie more unsolved murders to the two men.
Gay, 40, had been paroled in January for another double murder, including a 17-month-old boy, in 1990; Wilson, 41, who had been paroled twice since pleading guilty in 1991 to manslaughter and armed robbery, had gotten out of prison in May 2013 on a firearms charge. He is also charged with murdering a man in drug-deal dispute in January.http://www.myajc.com/news/news/fulton-da-to-seek-death-penalty-in-couples-kidnapp/nhmGX/
We should have a WS thread for paroled killers.
01-02-2015, 12:04 PM #5
When the state is lucky enough to catch one of these SKs before the age of 20, they need to have the courage to keep them in prison for their full sentence."If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
- John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany
Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.
By Kat in forum Cold CasesReplies: 68Last Post: 04-23-2016, 01:25 PM
By White Rain in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 10Last Post: 10-05-2015, 02:42 AM
By cathieq in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 4Last Post: 09-14-2015, 06:11 PM
By samaxntha in forum Crimes-Spotlight on ChildrenReplies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2011, 08:36 AM