1013 users online (136 members and 877 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 557
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,436

    NY - Connor W. Trapatsos, 17, Albany, 15 October 2014

    Connor W. Trapatsos


    The College of Saint Rose searching for missing student
    ALBANY, N.Y. – A Saint Rose first-year student has not been seen since Wednesday morning. The College of Saint Rose has reported to law enforcement that first-year student Connor W. Trapatsos is missing. The 18-year-old was last seen by his roommate on Wednesday morning. The school said it was informed Trapatsos was missing Friday afternoon. Trapatsos resides in Brubacher Hall. The residence hall was searched three times by Saint Rose security officers and the University at Albany Police Department, according to the school.
    http://www.news10.com/story/26818304...issing-student
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,915
    oh dear.

    I lived in Brubacher Hall in 1992-1993 when I was in college, it was a SUNY Albany property then. The area around the residence draws a variety of folks, kind of a 'city meets college' kind of area, if that makes any sense.

    I wonder what time he was last seen, 'Wednesday morning' is pretty vague.

    Hoping for the best for Connor.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,915
    I am not much of a twitterer, so please pardon if I do this link wrong

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/FindTrapper?src=hash

    Seems trapper is his nickname.
    #findtrapper

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,789

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    191
    A little insight from the roommate who reported him missing. More at link. Praying for his safe return.

    According to Foley, Trapatsos had spent the last two weeks in bed and seemed to be upset, but never talked about the reason. Foley says he attributed it to stress over school. He says when he asked Trapatsos whether he had a mid-term exam his roommate said he didn't know. "He wasn't going to his classes," says Foley. "He just kind of stayed in the room 24/7." Foley says he saw anti-depressant medication in the room. "I just hope he comes out and didn't do anything to harm himself."

    Read More at: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/featu...nt-20308.shtml

  6. #6
    JMOM's Avatar
    JMOM is offline Verified insider - Christina Morris case
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    Wonder what the roommate meant by "I just hope he comes out?"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,789
    This doesn't sound good at all. I read that he left his phone,wallet and id card in his room. This reminds me of Anna Smith...I hope they find him soon poor baby

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC transplant to rural PA
    Posts
    2,668
    And where were the parents of this poor child while he lay in bed 24/7 depressed? This is so sad and frustrating.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    My guess is, the parents didn't fully know. The laws about privacy for college students keeps parents from getting access to their academic information - websites that post grades, etc.

    There are a LOT of college freshmen who go to school and then just "check out" socially and mentally their freshman year. That's one of the reasons many colleges force freshmen to live in a dorm, and with a roommate.

    Boys aren't really as good as girls - in my experience - for sounding the warning bells to parents or RAs if their roommates seem terribly depressed.

    I think it's very possible he's somewhere in a homeless shelter or on the streets and didn't want his parents to know he is failing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    And where were the parents of this poor child while he lay in bed 24/7 depressed? This is so sad and frustrating.

    First thought of mine too…however to their defense they are in Rochester which is @ 4 hrs away. As a parent to a freshman in college, this is very concerning that the school didn't intervene earlier if he was not reporting to classes…especially if living on campus. At my son's school they initiated a mandatory "first yr experience" class for all incoming freshmen. Paid 3 credit course which my son said, basically, "they are making you pay to go to group therapy and learning how to live on your own." Also, he has a Peer advisor that he has to check in with every week during his freshman year…he calls her the Babysitter..lol. So between suite mates, RA's, Academic advisors, professors and everyone else..how did he slip thru the cracks for 2 months? I really don't understand how his absence, especially missing midterms, was missed by school faculty and officials. Just my opinion.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Ociboys View Post
    First thought of mine too…however to their defense they are in Rochester which is @ 4 hrs away. As a parent to a freshman in college, this is very concerning that the school didn't intervene earlier if he was not reporting to classes…especially if living on campus. At my son's school they initiated a mandatory "first yr experience" class for all incoming freshmen. Paid 3 credit course which my son said, basically, "they are making you pay to go to group therapy and learning how to live on your own." Also, he has a Peer advisor that he has to check in with every week during his freshman year…he calls her the Babysitter..lol. So between suite mates, RA's, Academic advisors, professors and everyone else..how did he slip thru the cracks for 2 months? I really don't understand how his absence, especially missing midterms, was missed by school faculty and officials. Just my opinion.
    Does your son go to this same college? If so, I don't know how he slipped through the cracks either -

    But I have two sons currently in college and a recent graduate, and none of them got that kind of treatment. If you end up on academic probation you have to go to a class that teaches you study habits. But there are lots of first and second semester freshmen who end up being called back home because weeks have gone by and they never attended one single class, or hardly ever left the room. My oldest lived with a boy who made all Fs his first semester, then they switched him to my son's dorm room and he again never went to class. Or did laundry. Or basically ever got out of bed. It was Spring Break before he went home and just didn't ever return to get any of his stuff. I think parents hope and pray their depressed child will somehow come to life in college - and maybe some do.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ociboys View Post
    First thought of mine too…however to their defense they are in Rochester which is @ 4 hrs away. As a parent to a freshman in college, this is very concerning that the school didn't intervene earlier if he was not reporting to classes…especially if living on campus. At my son's school they initiated a mandatory "first yr experience" class for all incoming freshmen. Paid 3 credit course which my son said, basically, "they are making you pay to go to group therapy and learning how to live on your own." Also, he has a Peer advisor that he has to check in with every week during his freshman year…he calls her the Babysitter..lol. So between suite mates, RA's, Academic advisors, professors and everyone else..how did he slip thru the cracks for 2 months? I really don't understand how his absence, especially missing midterms, was missed by school faculty and officials. Just my opinion.
    bbm - I agree with you but have to point out that the article said 2 weeks, not 2 months.

    http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/featu...nt-20308.shtml

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    191
    No, my son does not go to the same college JeannaT. A cousin of mine graduated with his masters from there but he did not reside on campus. Maybe this first yr exp. is a newer addition to the curriculum, but I've heard his friends attending different schools are taking a similar class. As for the 2 month comment, I would assume he has been on campus for almost two months. If he was not acclimating, he may have been showing signs earlier. Just a thought.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Ociboys View Post
    No, my son does not go to the same college JeannaT. A cousin of mine graduated with his masters from there but he did not reside on campus. Maybe this first yr exp. is a newer addition to the curriculum, but I've heard his friends attending different schools are taking a similar class. As for the 2 month comment, I would assume he has been on campus for almost two months. If he was not acclimating, he may have been showing signs earlier. Just a thought.
    I know there is a huge upswing in kids who are arriving at college not college ready - and have to take remedial academic classes. That's a different thing, but I wonder if it's still within the sphere of kids who also aren't emotionally ready to take responsibility for themselves. A school one of my sons goes to has a brand new office called "parent liaison office" because parents are doing more for their college kids than ever before. I don't know fully why kids going to college are having such struggles that they have to be given this amount of extra support to all incoming freshmen.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,557

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NY - Joseph Murphy, 66, Albany, 3 October 2005
    By fourboys in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM