GUILTY MO - Angel Hooper, 6, shot to death at KC convenience store, 17 Oct 2014

Will there be protests about this shooting, like the ones for Mike Brown and Vonderritt? I doubt it.

Will there be protests about this shooting, like the ones for Mike Brown and Vonderritt? I doubt it.

Well, there should be. It's up to our community to gather together and protest. If people who are angered by this dear little girl being shot down don't gather in the streets to protest, whose fault is that? OURS. It's our fault for being so complacent that we have no energy to gather in the streets and be heard. Shrugs shoulders.

I cannot physically gather in the streets and protest this plague that's hit our country (and no, I'm not talking about ebola), but I can research the actions/reactions of my elected officials and gather my wits in the voting booth and protest there...legally and peacefully.

When the shooting happened, the Chief of Police there went to the scene as soon as he heard. Along the way, he tweeted about the little one's condition, corrected earlier information about her age, and appealed to the killer to give themselves up. Upon arrival, he asked for prayers for the family and officers at the scene.

I think this one has hit everyone really, really hard. Maybe even the shooter too, if they really didn't intend to shoot the child. Maybe they will give themselves up, or someone will do it for them, if they don't.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefForte/status/523301549968084992/photo/1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 92
My computer's playing up again so I can't link the articles, but they're saying the child was just walking out of the gas station, and was shot. Police are sure she wasn't the intended target and kept everyone in the parking lot for hours until they'd questioned them.

At first I thought this had to be a robbery gone wrong. But I'm beginning to think now it was a driveby shooting with the real target someone else in the parking lot?

Poor baby girl.... :(
I hate this world, sometimes.

Police said the little girl had just walked out of the gas station when she was shot.

On Saturday, Hooper’s mother, Charity Guinn, returned to the scene.

“She was a sweet little girl and she didn’t deserve this at all,” Guinn said. “I just want anybody who knows anything to speak up because it’s not fair, I did not deserve to lose my daughter.”

http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/18/police...nd-killed-outside-7-eleven-mother-speaks-out/

View attachment 61594

Her name is Angel, she went to the store with her dad to buy bubble gum and got shot! :(

Wasn't that a sweet little face.

This is something to protest about! imo

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A call for justice went out Friday, and police hope someone answers. A metro radio station hits the airwaves in hopes of helping police track down who killed six-year-old Angel Hooper.

Leading up to the vigil, Hot 103 Jamz has been on the air since 6:00 Friday morning to raise awareness about Angel’s murder and the fact that her killer hasn’t been caught.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/24/radio-...reness-get-tips-to-find-angel-hoopers-killer/

You know that someone knows who did this crime and needs to come forward.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/02/14/leandre-smith-pleads-guilty-in-the-murder-of-angel-hooper-in-2014/

Leandre Smith pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of armed criminal action.

In exchange for his plea, a Jackson County prosecutor sentenced him to 23 years on second-degree murder charge, 15 years on the unlawful use of weapon charge and 10 years on each armed criminal action. The judge set those sentences to run concurrently...

Hooper's family declined an interview with FOX 4 because they are still waiting for Chase to go to trial, which is currently scheduled for March.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/31/second-man-charged-in-death-of-kc-girl-shot-outside-convenience-store-heads-to-trial/

One of the two men charged in the death of a little Kansas City girl stood trial Friday.

Just before noon the prosecution was wrapping up its arguments for the day against Howard Chase.

Prosecutors charged Chase and another man, Leandre Smith, with second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of armed criminal action.

Smith has already pleaded guilty to the crime and was sentenced to 23-years in prison.

Now it's Chase's turn to stand trial for his role in the death.

The trial will continue Monday morning.

KC man accused in 2014 shooting death of 6-year-old Angel Hooper found guilty

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article142465854.html

Jackson County jurors on Monday convicted the second of two men accused in connection with the October 2014 shooting death of Angel Hooper.

Jurors convicted Howard K. Chase IV of second-degree murder, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon in the trial that lasted more than a week. No sentencing date has been set.

Angel, 6, and her father had gone to the 7-Eleven at 10615 Blue Ridge Blvd. on Oct. 17, 2014. Someone in a passing car fired multiple gunshots into the crowded parking lot toward the store as Angel and her father walked out. She was the only person hit.

“We are grateful for the jury’s attention to this case,” Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said Monday. “Angel Hooper should be remembered as a completely innocent life taken from her family and the Kansas City community.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/03/closing-arguments-wrapping-up-in-trial-for-1-of-2-men-charged-in-death-of-kc-girl/

"It has been a long process," said Hooper's mother Charity Guinn. "Wounds that I have been focusing on closing have reopened in this last week."

Chase had nothing to say to FOX 4's Shannon O'Brien as he walked out of the court room in handcuffs after the verdict was read.

Guinn broke down in tears as the verdict was read. "I miss everything. From her head to her feet, I miss everything," an emotional Guinn said after court.

"It hurts that I have to sit int he court room and I have to face the person who is responsible for my daughter's death, I mean, it hurts," said Guinn. She plans on continuing to help other people in her position get justice for their loved ones. It is how Guinn says she will honor her daughter's life.

KC man gets life sentence in 2014 drive-by shooting death of 6-year-old Angel Hooper

Howard K. Chase, 21, was sentenced Friday in Jackson County Circuit Court to two life terms plus 30 years. He had been convicted in April of second-degree murder, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon after a trial that lasted more than a week.

KC murder victim’s mom tells convicted men they stole her heart, works to help other grieving mothers

"It was devastating to sit back and hear all of the details," Angel's mom said.

Charity sat in court with the two men who took her Angel and looked them in their eyes. She bravely stood up in court and spoke directly to the suspects, telling them they stole her heart.

"All I have left is a pile of dirt. I have to go to a cemetery in order to feel some sort of presence of hers," she said.

"I feel like justice was served in my daughter's case," Charity said.

But the fight for justice continues, as Charity and her cousin Ashley have made it their mission to help a long list of other metro moms who too have lost their kids to violence through a group called "Justice 4 Angels."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakelady2469
Back